Thread: With Gilbert and Dixon...

With Gilbert and Dixon...

on board and learning the system, not to mention the possible return of Pito, I doubt the Jets will draft a DE early, not saying they won' but if these two show anything, I think we might pass on DE in the first especially when you consider how long DE's take to develop in this league, even if they do draft one, the aforementioned will have a headstart.

there are some interesting players in our system that can develop, but we are scary thin at D line. Obviously a lot of this is going to depend on whether or not the team decides to part ways with shaun ellis after this season. He's one of our many free agents and id have to think he's definitely one of the players that is more on the fence than others.

If its up to me i resign ellis and add somone to this defense that can be a difference maker at whatever level that may be. At this point i feel like we can use a player at every level of the defense.

Adding d line help would be tremendous but if we resign ellis, develop our interesting prospects, i think the more important position is going to be OLB. I believe thomas is a FA after this season as well and i really cant see us spending the money on him. Our pass rush is absolutely atrocious and any type of player that can get to the quarterback i believe is an absolute must.

I hope your right, but when these guys can't even get onto the field over someone like Trevor Pryce (Who by the way, has brought nothing to this team) or Matt Kroul..... lets just say, I'm not the most confident that we think they can play.

DL = underrated need.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I hope your right, but when these guys can't even get onto the field over someone like Trevor Pryce (Who by the way, has brought nothing to this team) or Matt Kroul..... lets just say, I'm not the most confident that we think they can play.
    I feel you but then I also remember DeVito who took his time to develop. Pitoitua would be getting a bunch of snaps if not for his injury.

I hope we will not overlook the needs that we have on defense and that we start to add more young talent. As already mentioned, many of our defensive players are on the wrong side of thirty...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I feel you but then I also remember DeVito who took his time to develop. Pitoitua would be getting a bunch of snaps if not for his injury.

I hope we will not overlook the needs that we have on defense and that we start to add more young talent. As already mentioned, many of our defensive players are on the wrong side of thirty...
    Agreed. Pryce has added nothing. Would like to see one of the kids with some gas in the tank out there rather than this guy.

Pryce has been good... You guys need to specifically watch him more.

He's easily our best pass rusher from the inside and although he's only getting 20 snaps a game, they are always on the most obvious passing situations.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Pryce has been good... You guys need to specifically watch him more.

He's easily our best pass rusher from the inside and although he's only getting 20 snaps a game, they are always on the most obvious passing situations.
    This.

If the young guys were any good he wouldn't have been signed, and he certainly wouldn't see the playing time he does see.

Out of all the young guys the only one I really like is DeVito...meh on the rest of them, though maybe one might stick over the next 3-4 years.

i love how one of the topic title players has been cut already and the other has never been active on game day. And Pito, who is great, is coming off a terrible injury.

by the way Matt Kroul played last week and was terrible.

the Jets are getting old on DL. if they let Ellis go... they need to reload.

All League
    Getting a NT to backup or groom behind Pouha is more a need than another DE in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i love how one of the topic title players has been cut already and the other has never been active on game day. And Pito, who is great, is coming off a terrible injury.

by the way Matt Kroul played last week and was terrible.

the Jets are getting old on DL. if they let Ellis go... they need to reload.
    When you're a guy trying to be a top D's 5th DL you better not get injured.