Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets waive Jarron Gilbert, add Patrick Turner

Jets waive Jarron Gilbert, add Patrick Turner

Jets today waived DL Jarron Gilbert in order to make room on the active roster for WR Patrick Turner.

Personally, I wanted to see Gilbert get some time, but unfortunately that wont happen.

[url]www.twitter.com/nickspano[/url]

All League
    Question is, will he be picked up or back the the Jets' P-Squad?

Why did we activate him in the first place if he never got on the field and is now exposed to other teams?

Why do we keep bringing back Turner?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3824181]Why do we keep bringing back Turner?[/QUOTE]

injury to Cotchery, good news is, we didn't sign someone from the outside, that means Cotch's injury isnt a long term deal, could play Thursday.

Turner has been on the practice squad, so im sure he is familiar by now with what we do.

All League
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3824181]Why do we keep bringing back Turner?[/QUOTE]

6'5" is PRETTY RARE size for a wideout. Like #50, the tools are there . . . .

All Pro
    Somewhere, Ham is weeping enough tears to fill a small swimming pool.

[QUOTE=nycdan;3824187]Somewhere, Ham is weeping enough tears to fill a small swimming pool.[/QUOTE]

lol, as am i, im a little upset he didnt get some snaps, btw, where is Ham?

This is purely an injury related move - I'm sure they told Gilbert they want to sign him to the PSquad and restore him to the active roster once Cotchery is back.

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3824185]6'5" is PRETTY RARE size for a wideout. Like [b]#17[/b], the tools are there . . . .[/QUOTE]

FIXED.

You can't Teach Size and having another 6 Foot tall PLUS Receiver to throw to even if it's just for a game or two, isn't the worst thing in the world to have.

Really don't understand this. No matter how unimpressive the guy may have been in practice, this team is far too thin on the DL, and far too short on draft picks to be giving up on young players that fast, especially when it's just to clear room for a one or two week stop-gap WR. I was hoping if any good might come out of the Woodhead situation, it might be that the Jets learn a lesson about being a little patient with young guys rather than cutting them for some short-sighted reason like they did with Woodhead. And yet, somehow, we have all the patience in the world for Gholston.

[QUOTE=Cack89;3824188]lol, as am i, im a little upset he didnt get some snaps, btw, where is Ham?[/QUOTE]

He's with someone named Cheese.

They're both staying at a place called "Sandwich". [img]http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/rolly.gif[/img]

Gilbert has been waived, so once he clears waivers, he will return to the Jets practice squad, and most likely, once Cotchery is healthy enough to go, Gilbert will be back, and Turner will get the boot.

Lets just hope no team picks up Gilbert.

[QUOTE=Vin;3824193]He's with someone named Cheese.

They're both staying at a place called "Sandwich". [img]http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/rolly.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

o......k lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=nycdan;3824187]Somewhere, Ham is weeping enough tears to fill a small swimming pool.[/QUOTE]

As long as he can jump out, he'll be fine.

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3824185]6'5" is PRETTY RARE size for a wideout. Like #50, the tools are there . . . .[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I get that he's tall and raw. I just keep thinking that Miami released him, and so did we several times. He either has the skills or not.

[QUOTE=Cack89;3824197]o......k lol[/QUOTE]

Well you [b]did[/b] ask... ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3824200][B]Thanks for the response[/B]. Yeah, I get that he's tall and raw. I just keep thinking that Miami released him, and so did we several times. He either has the skills or not.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell from this if you are being sarcastic or turning into Copernicus. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    I miss Ham:(

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Toooon;3824192]Really don't understand this. No matter how unimpressive the guy may have been in practice, this team is far too thin on the DL, and far too short on draft picks to be giving up on young players that fast, especially when it's just to clear room for a one or two week stop-gap WR. I was hoping if any good might come out of the Woodhead situation, it might be that the Jets learn a lesson about being a little patient with young guys rather than cutting them for some short-sighted reason like they did with Woodhead. And yet, somehow, we have all the patience in the world for Gholston.[/QUOTE]

It's really not hard to understand. Gilbert just isn't very good, despite is cult like following based upon a youtube video. Gholston may only be a cut above Gilbert, but they're not cutting him after paying him so much money.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3824207]I miss Ham:([/QUOTE]

^ I'm a Bologna man, myself. [img]http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/neener2.gif[/img]

Seriously, though. Would he have helped this team?