W +3 (OT)
    W +2
    W +10
    L -14
    W +7
    W +6
    W +5

Total: +47

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons"]Atlanta Schedule[/URL]

New England

W +14
    L -14
    W +8
    W +27
    W +3 (OT)
    W +3
    W +10
    L -20
    W +13

Total: +44

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots"]New England Schedule[/URL]

New York Jets

L -1
    W +14
    W +8
    W +24
    W +9
    W +4
    L -9
    W +3 (OT)
    W +6 (OT)

Total: +58

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets"]New York Jets Schedule[/URL]

The Jets aren't the only ones with close games.

All League
    Pats won a bowl like 6 years ago so they get a free pass for this type of thing. Jets should be winning by at least 14. It's realism.

Truth.

[QUOTE=CV 40;3824576]Pats won a bowl like 6 years ago so they get a free pass for this type of thing. Jets should be winning by at least 14. It's realism.

Truth.[/QUOTE]

How does winning the Superbowl 6 years ago equate to anything today? The Bucs should be undefeated then.

Somebody's sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Or maybe it's just that it's 4AM.

[QUOTE=JB1089;3824579]Somebody's sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Or maybe it's just that it's 4AM.[/QUOTE]

Both, I'm just tired.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3824572]Atlanta

L -6 (OT) OPENING DAY
    W +34
    W +3 (OT)
    W +2
    W +10
    L -14
    W +7
    W +6
    W +5

Total: +47

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons"]Atlanta Schedule[/URL]

New England

W +14
    L -14
    W +8
    W +27
    W +3 (OT)
    W +3
    W +10
    L -20
    W +13

Total: +44

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots"]New England Schedule[/URL]

New York Jets

L -1
    W +14
    W +8
    W +24
    W +9
    W +4
    L -9
    W +3 (OT)
    W +6 (OT)

Total: +58

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets"]New York Jets Schedule[/URL]

The Jets aren't the only ones with close games.[/QUOTE]

No one denies it's better to be 7-2 than 4-5. However, we've heard MULTIPLE reports of how Rex chewed out the defense, or Schotty chewed out the offense, or Ellis chewed out his teammates -- with the exception of Damian Woody, these guys aren't walking around saying "Ah, who cares, we're 7-2 and everything will turn out just fine . . ."

They understand they need to get their act together better if they want to go all the way. They acknowledge areas of weakness that they have to work on. That's all some of us are saying. You can say that's common knowledge, but that doesn't mean we can't come on a JETS FORUM to discuss it.

Personally, I DON'T want them "happy" to be 7-2 -- last I checked, there's no trophy given out after the first 10 weeks of a season. I want them to be tough self-critics and try to maximize the talent they have. If they can do that, WATCH OUT -- then Jets fans can see what it REALLY means to be proud of their team . . .

All Pro
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3824582]No one denies it's better to be 7-2 than 4-5. However, we've heard MULTIPLE reports of how Rex chewed out the defense, or Schotty chewed out the offense, or Ellis chewed out his teammates -- with the exception of Damian Woody, these guys aren't walking around saying "Ah, who cares, we're 7-2 and everything will turn out just fine . . ."

They understand they need to get their act together better if they want to go all the way. They acknowledge areas of weakness that they have to work on. That's all some of us are saying. You can say that's common knowledge, but that doesn't mean we can't come on a JETS FORUM to discuss it.

Personally, I DON'T want them "happy" to be 7-2 -- last I checked, there's no trophy given out after the first 10 weeks of a season. I want them to be tough self-critics and try to maximize the talent they have. If they can do that, WATCH OUT -- then Jets fans can see what it REALLY means to be proud of their team . . .[/QUOTE]
    I don't want the team to be happy with 7 and 2 either. The only problem is that people have to remember they're not on the team, and if they enjoy the record and get complacent, it won't effect the team one bit. You know who you are. Relax, enjoy yourselves. You've earned it.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3824584]I don't want the team to be happy with 7 and 2 either. The only problem is that people have to remember they're not on the team, and if they enjoy the record and get complacent, it won't effect the team one bit. You know who you are. Relax, enjoy yourselves. You've earned it.[/QUOTE]

But what's the difference? They are striving to reach a Super Bowl, and as a fan I have the same desire.

I have no problem with you "enjoying" 7-2 -- in fact, I'm a little jealous.:O

I've just been a fan too long, and am tired of the "little victories" this team provides. We have the talent, and there's no reason we can't "rise to the top". It's not like I'm giving up on them -- I just can't blindly look at our record and ignore areas that need to improve. Areas that REX admits are troublesome, but some on this site (not necessarily you) consider taboo . . .

I think it's more impressive when the Falcons beat the Bucs and Ravens by 5 and 6 than it is when the Jets beat the Lions and Browns by 3 and 6.

I love my Jets, but they haven't beaten a good team this year, so I am worried esp with the schedule ahead. ...@ steelers @ Bears @ Pats. ...could get ugly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3824632]I love my Jets, but they haven't beaten a good team this year, so I am worried esp with the schedule ahead. ...@ steelers @ Bears @ Pats. ...could get ugly.[/QUOTE]

Did they take away that Pat win in game 2 already??:eek: Thank God we beat the Steelers in 07 with Clemens maybe he should start that game??:yes:

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3824632]I love my Jets, but they haven't beaten a good team this year, so I am worried esp with the schedule ahead. ...@ steelers @ Bears @ Pats. ...could get ugly.[/QUOTE]

Um,

Actually we have beaten good teams.

Week 2 vs New England
    Week 3 @ Miami

Miami was a good team when we played them. They might suck now, but they were a good team at that point in the season. Oh, and in case you forgot, New England is 7-2 and tied with us for first place after beating the 6-3 Steelers, by 13, in Pittsburgh, last Sunday.

I'd be shocked if you don't live in the NY area. Are you thinking of the Giants? :huh: Never heard this angle before, since the Pats, Vikings when we played them and the Dolphins when we played them in Miami were all really tough teams. If Stafford plays for the Lions they are a very tough team at home and the Browns destroyed the Pats and the defending Super Bowl champs in their stadium. That's a VERY tough schedule. The Browns will wreak havoc in their division before the year is done, which I think will help us.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3824572]The Jets aren't the only ones with close games.[/QUOTE]

Ok.

And?

Suggest you read Rex's comments in the other thread. Clearly the coach thinks we can better.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-19-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Remember back when that Favre guy was our QB? Remember the domination that occured to propel the Jets to 8-3 and become SB favorites? Well IMO they peaked midseason.. This Jets team is sitting at 7-2 while severly under performing given the talent they have on the roster. Would you rather them dominate mid-season and then fold or have them with a record of 7-2 with unlimited potential? Granted my theory can backfire in that they could regress rather than reach that potential but with all the key players and hardly any injuries I really see this team taking it to another level, even starting this week. Think about it.. Houston has a pitiful defense and an injured Matt Schaubb, the Jets run defense has been good most of the year even stepping up against Hillis last week after he dominated the 1st half. This is the game our offense needs to prove it can mow over bad defenses. I'm expecting a heavy dose of LT and Greene but also expect Mark to have a great game against this horrible Houston secondary. Remember 7-2 while not playing up to potential is better than a season in which you prematurely peak midseason then blow the season.

Teams are not looking forward to playing the Jets. Those that lose to the Jets now state that 'we played them close so we are not that far away from being very good'

Just putting up each teams scores means nothing.
    Lets look at both Atlanta & New Englands LAST GAME.

Atlanta beat Ravens- Ryan was masterful, the team played an "A" game all around, they had very few penalties & they scored in the Red Zone.

The Patriots put up 39 on the Steelers on the ROAD! Again, they played their "A" game.

Jets squeaked by the Browns on OT after having 99 plays on offense? Is that even possible? The Jets rebounded on defense after a slow start, the Jets offense moved the ball up & down the field BUT, again, costly motion penalties & holding calls at the worst possible time, suspect play calling in the Red Zone that forced us into four FG attempts, missing 3. Sanchez literally bailing us out with amazing ad lib play, after play in overtime.

Of course I'm happy they won, we just all know that the NY Jets are still playing a little sloppy and we are waiting for our "A" game. That's all.
    I don't think that's being over critical as a fan.

[QUOTE=124;3824642]Um,

Actually we have beaten good teams.

Week 2 vs New England
    Week 3 @ Miami

Miami was a good team when we played them. They might suck now, but they were a good team at that point in the season. Oh, and in case you forgot, New England is 7-2 and tied with us for first place after beating the 6-3 Steelers, by 13, in Pittsburgh, last Sunday.[/QUOTE]

leaving out the divisional games, the Jets haven't scored even a TD vs. the Ravens or Packers. ... what makes you think the O will do anything different vs. the Bears and Steelers?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3824798]leaving out the divisional games, the Jets haven't scored even a TD vs. the Ravens or Packers. ... what makes you think the O will do anything different vs. the Bears and Steelers?[/QUOTE]

Does that mean the Packers suck also since they didn't score a TD in the win over the Jets?? Plus they lost to the Redskins that the Eagles killed so I guess they should kiss the playoffs goodbye now..And it's fine to criticize the team but wouldn't it be nice to at least let them fail before projecting a loss before the game is even played??:eek:

the bears who is afraid of the bears not me thats for sure one word cutler never a winner anywhere the steelers who is afraid of the steelers not me they are a shell of themselves now the pats game in 2 weeks thats a test we need to pass take care of business the next 2 games it will be the game of the yar if both teams are 9 and 2 with 10 days to get ready no excuses for this one