Thread: Jets game in LA

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets game in LA

hey guys, i am on a flight to LA, Sunday morning till about 130 afternoon east coast time. I will have wifi on the plane, and when i land. Where is the the best place to watch the game online, and does anyone know any bars around lax airport, that i could go to finish watching the game!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=danny86;3824581]hey guys, i am on a flight to LA, Sunday morning till about 130 afternoon east coast time. I will have wifi on the plane, and when i land. Where is the the best place to watch the game online, and does anyone know any bars around lax airport, that i could go to finish watching the game![/QUOTE]

Given your time constraints, I don't know if I can help you out. Your best bet is to pm Baddniss or LAJET, who both live on the west side of LA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This info in the link doesn't really help the OP but it may help others

NFL TV distribution maps

[url]http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3824700]Given your time constraints, I don't know if I can help you out. Your best bet is to pm Baddniss or LAJET, who both live on the west side of LA.[/QUOTE]

Go to Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica on 3rd Street, about 20 minutes north of LAX.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all three of your insights. I really appreciate how members of this board always extend their care to others. I only have 12 posts or so, and yet vip and hall of fame members take their time to help direct me to a visuale of the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3824700]Given your time constraints, I don't know if I can help you out. Your best bet is to pm Baddniss or LAJET, who both live on the west side of LA.[/QUOTE]

Or just go to SimiJet's house. He usually watches games at home now. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3825430]Go to Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica on 3rd Street, about 20 minutes north of LAX.[/QUOTE]

I used to go to Yankee Doodles in the San Fernando Valley.
    Quite a Jet following there, I was plesently suprised.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I]Yankee Doodles [/I]is a great choice, but you'll kill at least 20 mins driving + 20 mins parking and walking thru the promenade to find it. At that hour, you just might beat (or just hit) the heavy shopping traffic, but it's a fun place to visit. There's a million reasons to see Santa Monica if you haven't already.

LAX is not in the swankiest neighborhood, but a couple short blocks north on Sepulveda Blvd is the sports dive [I]Melody Bar & Grill[/I] that shows every game and opens at 9am on Sundays. Serious place, full-tilt sports bar, been in business for over 50 years. Many loyal diehard customers.

There's also a strip of major hotels on Century Blvd near LAX. One is bound to have a sports bar/lounge open early on Sundays, but can't say which one(s), if any, for sure. Good luck, happy journey.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ310;3825481]Or just go to SimiJet's house. He usually watches games at home now. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'm still recovering financially from the Denver trip :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=danny86;3825437]Thanks for all three of your insights. I really appreciate how members of this board always extend their care to others. I only have 12 posts or so, and yet vip and hall of fame members take their time to help direct me to a visuale of the game.[/QUOTE]

If I was you, which am not, but only by association I would take his advice hurry up and go 20 mins. north to Santa monica and catch the game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nikki's in Venice [url]http://nikkivenice.com/[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure i already left a thanks on [U]baddniss"s[/U] page. I was considering yankee doodle. I actually need to head towards redondo beach after, which is the opposite direction from the airport, so i might take up [U]Ademas[/U] advice, and go to nikkivenice, which should save me some time on the ride back. Thanks

The next few weeks I am settling my buissness and life aspirations into place, and it's a bit time consumming until i get some level of consistency. Once things start settling down, i will make the effort to participate back with the board and members

Hope we all see a pleasurable game this week

Go Jets!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a great group at Q's Billiards. Wilshire Blvd. at Westgate in Brentwood. Just come up the 405 from LAX, get off at Wilshire Blvd. (west). Go past Barrington and just before Westgate, the place will be on your right.

Traffic on the freeway should not be bad at that hour.

We get the big screen with the sound, have a whole room to ourselves, once you come in look for us in the room on the left.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=danny86;3825838]Sure i already left a thanks on [U]baddniss"s[/U] page. I was considering yankee doodle. I actually need to head towards redondo beach after, which is the opposite direction from the airport, so i might take up [U]Ademas[/U] advice, and go to nikkivenice, which should save me some time on the ride back. Thanks [/QUOTE]

You're gonna lose time because of traffic and lights, but you'll be at the beach!

Been rainy on and off today, probably tomorrow too.

Was in Santa Monica earlier today, 405 and 10 were moving good around noon.

If you want the game IMMEDIATELY Melody Bar is 1 min from the terminal. Walkable without luggage. Not bad area, near B of A, Office Depot, In n Out, Ralph's, etc. Family owned, kids friendly. But nothing like SM or Venice.

Yankee Doodle's is second fastest due to freeway proximity. A cab can drop you off at the Promenade.

Venice is worth it if you have time to burn.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, i am pleasantly surprised to see so many jet fans, and bars in LA. I should feel right at home. Well i have to give it credit to [U]inner jet [/U]. This is the ultimate game plan. depending on when i land, these options are all great. I will def try to get to venice first. If i am a bit restricted on time than maybe yankee doodle, but it's great to know, as an emergency, i could litterally get out of the terminal and walk to melody bar. It's defiently a relief. I am flying virgin, and for the holiday season wifi is free, so i could catch the opening of the game online until i land. Man you guys made me feel great, like a man on a mission to watch the game. In the sky or on the ground! Jet's fan's rule!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Close to the airport.. The Wild Goose. Yeah, it's a tittie bar (and a damn good one) but they did have all the NFL feeds a while back. Take Century out LAX; turn right on Aviation; the left just past Imperial. Get loose at the Wild Goose -- oh yeah.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    also a good sports bar at the LAX Marriott Hotel...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3825561]I'm still recovering financially from the Denver trip :eek:[/QUOTE]

But at least we won & we had a good time at the game!
    (Ben sent me the tailgate pictures)...B.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed this thread! We watch at Sharkeez, a bar in Manhattan Beach that takes about 5 minutes to get to from the airport. I actually had a guy just show up one day and say he saw a post on the board about us being there. Very cool.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3826329]also a good sports bar at the LAX Marriott Hotel...[/QUOTE]

Bob, I think its Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott, that's pretty close to the airport.