Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parcells Biography!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Parcells Biography!!!

Just thought I'd mention that tonight on NFL Network (satellite), they are showing a biography on Bill Parcell's life in football. It is on at 8 o"clock on NFL Network. I saw a clip of it where he tells Phil Simm's (on the sidelines), to hurry up and get his head out of his ass. Hilarious. Gonna try and catch it tonight.:)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What's it called, "The Man In The Mirror"???:zzz::zzz:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    More self-promoting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3825402]What's it called, "The Man In The Mirror"???[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://positivepresentations.com/xcart/skin1/positive_pres/downloads/MG.jpg[/IMG]

That's "The Man In The Glass"

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a load of s*** this book must be. If he didn't have Bellichik as defensive coordinator he wouldn't be considered a top thirty coach.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Parcells

Whether you like Parcells or not, if you watched this biography you would have gotten something out of it. To be honest I had goosebumps during most of the program. Even though we only had the guy for two seasons, he definitely made a big impact on our team. The guy has learned a lot about himself and life, and admits many times that he was/is far from perfect. There was a very moving moment when Curtis Martin talked about the fact that he feels Parcells helped him so much in his life. Not just his football life, but his real life. A must see!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I wasn't going to watch it but I was switching channels and I couldn't turn it off. Obviously I would have liked to have seen more footage when he with the Jets. But it is an excellent piece and it shouldn't be missed becuase of the sideline audio and the interviews. Interstingly enough in the very end he says he can still coach. Unreal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=touchdownjets;3825460]Whether you like Parcells or not, if you watched this biography you would have gotten something out of it. To be honest I had goosebumps during most of the program. Even though we only had the guy for two seasons, he definitely made a big impact on our team. The guy has learned a lot about himself and life, and admits many times that he was/is far from perfect. There was a very moving moment when Curtis Martin talked about the fact that he feels Parcells helped him so much in his life. Not just his football life, but his real life. A must see![/QUOTE]

I liked when he wouldn't guarantee Archie Manning that we wouldn't trade our first round pick and Peyton went back to school.

Genius.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3825469]I liked when he wouldn't guarantee Archie Manning that we wouldn't trade our first round pick and Peyton went back to school.

Genius.[/QUOTE]

F*ck Archie Manning. Of course Peyton was gonna be the first player taken, Parcells just didn't want some washed-up never-was dictating to him who the Jets were gonna draft.

BTW if not for stolen signals and video, Bellichick would suck w/o Parcells.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeyStylez;3825495]

BTW if not for stolen signals and video, Bellichick would suck w/o Parcells.[/QUOTE]

Belichick's defensive game plan when the Giants beat the Bills in the Super Bowl is in the Hall of Fame. BB has won plenty without Parcells, Parcells on the other hand has won nada without BB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3825459]What a load of s*** this book must be. If he didn't have Bellichik as defensive coordinator he wouldn't be considered a top thirty coach.[/QUOTE]

The year Parcells took the Patriots to the Super Bowl, Bellichek was only secondary coach, Al Groh was the defensive coordinator...just sayin and lately everytime Parcells' name has come up, Bellichek has sung his praises and said how great of a coach he is and how much he meant to his development. Considering their fallout he really has no reason to compliment him like that, we all know Bellichek is a classless piece of ****, so he must mean it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Senny;3825531]The year Parcells took the Patriots to the Super Bowl, Bellichek was only secondary coach, Al Groh was the defensive coordinator...just sayin and lately everytime Parcells' name has come up, Bellichek has sung his praises and said how great of a coach he is and how much he meant to his development. Considering their fallout he really has no reason to compliment him like that, we all know Bellichek is a classless piece of ****, so he must mean it...[/QUOTE]Great post. I was at that game, and the Pats' D was taking the game back until Howard's KO return. I would like to add, F the Tuna and all his helpers. After Mangina we finally have rid ourselves of all that filler.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Parcells will go down as one of my all time favorites, I loved/love everything about him, all of his flaws, and the great things he's done for NFL football, and of course, the 3 very precious years he was with our team.

You love him and hate him, but as a "jersey guy" I get HIM, because I get IT too!!!

The Martin feature was awesome, I also was taken back with the homeless guy segment.

Our link to Parcells today is Tannenbaum. Westoff has a LOT of Parcells in him. And I look at Rex as a guy with the presence of a Parcells, but who does things differently, he connects with the player differently, he doesn't beat them up, but he wants to win, and he wants to win bad, just as Parcells did.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

bill parcells was a ferryman

Rex Ryan is the CHosen One that was prophesied in the Book of Namath; Year of Our Bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's the title "the carpetbagger"? this guy always put himself above every team he coached. granted he was very successful but i never got the sense that he ever blamed himself when his teams failed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He started out good, but actually got worse with every team he coached:

Giants: 2 Superbowls
    Patriots: Superbowl loss
    Jets: AFCCG loss
    Cowboys: First round playoff loss
    Dolphins: Well, we all see the disaster he left behind there.

I feel bad for the next franchise he messes with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was a hall of fame coach but keep him away from the Jets. His ego is out of control. The most telling part of the biography for me was when Kraft said that Parcells would go up to him every offseason and say he is thinking about retiring. Belichick said he was doing that in 1986! [B] Over the long haul [/B]you cannot build a franchise around someone who is that selfish

Great coach, selfish man. Stay away...
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 11-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=skippy1999;3825529]Belichick's defensive game plan when the Giants beat the Bills in the Super Bowl is in the Hall of Fame. [/QUOTE]

I've heard this often and never understood it.

It's not like the Giants shutout the Bills that day.

The Bills had the ball for about 19 minutes that whole day.

In those ~19 minutes, they gained 370 total yards.

They were about 3 feet wide right from putting up 20 points.

Giving up 370 yards and ~20 points in 19 minutes puts the game plan in the Hall of Fame ?? :eek:

The only reason the Bills didn't score more was that they couldn't get their hands on the ball.

The Giants held the ball for a Super Bowl record ~41 minutes.

Want to put a game plan in the Hall of Fame ??
    Put in Ron Erhardt's OFFENSIVE game plan !!

That's what won the game.
    OJ Anderson was MVP for a reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how offended people like Francesa was by all of the cussing on the sidelines....:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeyStylez;3825495]F*ck Archie Manning. Of course Peyton was gonna be the first player taken, Parcells just didn't want some washed-up never-was dictating to him who the Jets were gonna draft.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he really showed him