Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Brennan seriously injured after car wreck in Hawaii.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Colt Brennan seriously injured after car wreck in Hawaii.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Colt-Brennan-car-crash-Hawaii-111910[/url]

Hopefully he will be alright....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "possible head injuries" according to the Honlulu Star- not good...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    God speed. I hope he'll be ok. Always liked the kid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck to Colt.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks, I alwasy liked him, had hoped he'd get an opportunity in DC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5827047[/url]

HONOLULU -- Former University of Hawaii star and Washington Redskins quarterback Colt Brennan and two women were seriously injured in a two-car crash on Hawaii's Big Island on Friday.

Brennan's agent, Ryan Tollner, issued a statement that said Brennan was transported to Honolulu for further medical treatment after being taken to Kona Community Hospital on Friday. Tollner said Brennan's condition was serious.

Brennan
    Reached by phone at his home in California, Terry Brennan, Colt's father, told KHON-TV in Honolulu Friday that doctors thought the change of hospital was best for his son.

"I talked to the doctor, the doctor from Kona," Terry Brennan told KHON-TV. "He was saying 'Hey, we've done our what we could do over here, we think it's best he gets over to Oahu.'"

Terry Brennan said his son had broken ribs, a broken left collarbone and also suffered head injuries in the crash.

[B]When asked if Colt Brennan's injuries were life-threatening, Terry Brennan said, " No. ... They're still monitoring the issues with the head injuries."[/B]

Multiple media outlets in Hawaii reported that Brennan's parents were expected to leave California on Friday and arrive in Oahu on Saturday.

Big Island police say Brennan was a passenger in an SUV driven by Shakti Stream. They say she crossed the centerline on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near Makalawena in North Kona and collided head-on with sedan driven by a Waikoloa woman.

Stream was also taken to Kona Community Hospital, while the other woman was transported to North Hawaii Community Hospital.

Police said they had not determined the cause of the accident yet.

While at Hawaii, Brennan became the NCAA career leader in touchdown passes, throwing 131 TDs from 2005-07. He finished third in the voting for the Heisman Trophy in 2007.

After being drafted in the sixth round by Washington in 2008, Brennan spent 2009 on injured reserve after hip surgery, then had knee surgery in March, which set him further back. He was released earlier this summer and later signed with the Oakland Raiders and was released before the season. He had a workout with the Houston Texans last month.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report

Some good news

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to hear these things. Hope he recovers fully.

I'll be at Eric LeGrand's benefit at Kelly's Korner in New Brunswick tomorrow. Starts at 2pm. Jets fans drink on me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My family and the Brennans are very close. If we can keep the douchy comments out of the thread I'll make sure Colt and his family see it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3825584]My family and the Brennans are very close. If we can keep the douchy comments out of the thread I'll make sure Colt and his family see it.[/QUOTE]

... while this intent is good ... it may be better to copy and paste selected people's comments into an email for them ...

... my prayers are with he & his family ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3825584]My family and the Brennans are very close. [B]If we can keep the douchy comments out of the thread[/B] I'll make sure Colt and his family see it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like its OK to show them... just everyone's respectful good wishes & prayers.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3825418]Hopefully he will be alright....[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3825474]God speed. I hope he'll be ok. Always liked the kid.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=124;3825485]Best of luck to Colt.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Warfish;3825487]That sucks, I alwasy liked him, had hoped he'd get an opportunity in DC.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=boxman;3825552]Best of luck to him.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3825558]Hate to hear these things. Hope he recovers fully.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an exciting player in college.. 58 TD passes is nuts. Hope he's 100% soon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praying that he has a speedy recovery. Good luck Colt!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3825584]My family and the Brennans are very close. If we can keep the douchy comments out of the thread I'll make sure Colt and his family see it.[/QUOTE]

any update on how he's doing?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Brennan to A Brennan you will be fine! Keep the Faith!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Green & White;3825681]Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery[/QUOTE]

Ditto to Colt. I wish him a speedy recovery.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a bummer! get well soon bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    get well soon, colt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys for late update, but just back from Vegas for a long weekend getaway. Sent Colt cut and paste wishes (good idea Pheonix) and I got this message from one of the family members:

thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our cousin, colt brennan. he+his girlfriend, shakti, were involved in a serious car accident in HI over the weekend. though he has many broken bones, the doctors expect a full recovery. we are very lucky + blessed. it's times like these that smack you in the face and make you remember how precious life is. life is too short to sweat the small stuff. live it up!