> [url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-freeagents111810[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Haloti Ngata

LaMarr Woodley

Tamba Hali

Dashon Goldson

Doug Free

:rolleyes:

too bad there wont be any football next year.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

little heads up for everyone...if there is a free agency period the player the Jets will be targeting is Ahtyaba Rubin/NT/Browns- the guy i really wanted to see them draft four years ago...

and this is not speculation....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3825762]little heads up for everyone...if there is a free agency period the player the Jets will be targeting is Ahtyaba Rubin/NT/Browns- the guy i really wanted to see them draft four years ago...

and this is not speculation....[/QUOTE]

this is assuming Rubin does not get tagged by the Browns or signs a contract extension....

nt is definitely a place where the jets can upgrade. not saying pouha and/or devito aren't getting the job done but they don't dominate the position like jenkins did. jenkins is about finished. i suppose the jets will let him try to come back but in reality he'll be released especially if it helps the cap.

Lot of talent in that pool next year, if there is football.

:pray:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3825765]this is assuming Rubin does not get tagged by the Browns or signs a contract extension....[/QUOTE]

Me personally, I think they might let Rogers go before Rubin.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;3825880]Me personally, I think they might let [B]Rogers[/B] go before Rubin.[/QUOTE]

He did give a pretty good audition against the Jets last week. Either would be a score.

No offense to Pouha of course. Siohne has had a good season.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3825883]He did give a pretty good audition against the Jets last week. Either would be a score.

No offense to Pouha of course. Siohne has had a good season.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with Rogers is, his work ethic is sometimes questionable, since he's played on nothing but losing teams since being in the NFL. I don't even think he's ever been to the playoffs.

Woodley is the guy we need

I would love to see Haloti Ngata manning the NT spot for us.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3826035]I would love to see Haloti Ngata manning the NT spot for us.[/QUOTE]

Ngata plays DE for the Ravens I think; Gregg plays NT if I remember right.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3825762]little heads up for everyone...if there is a free agency period the player the Jets will be targeting is Ahtyaba Rubin/NT/Browns- the guy i really wanted to see them draft four years ago...

and this is not speculation....[/QUOTE]

Rubin was the man his draft year. That'd be a great signing...much better than someone like Gabe Watson, who I was looking at until you made this post.

Rubin and the comp pick in 2012 for David Harris is something I wouldn't mind if the whole 4 FAs thing has to end like that.

I also expect we'll be big players if Manny Lawson hits the open market. The Jets could really use an OLB who can cover, and he's probably the best 3-4 OLB in coverage out there.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3826035]I would love to see Haloti Ngata manning the NT spot for us.[/QUOTE]
    agreed.
    also , i hope we can get at least one more player in the free agent market :pray:

Hall Of Fame
    Free agents should line up to play for Jets

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/22158/free-agents-should-line-up-to-play-for-jets[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Can the Jets re-sign Edwards and Holmes ?

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3078/can-the-jets-re-sign-edwards-and-holmes[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    2011 AFC East free-agent preview

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/11/25/2011-afc-east-free-agent-preview[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    2011 AFC North free-agent preview - BALTIMORE RAVENS

~ ~ " . . . Re-signing Ngata has to be their top priority; if they can't ink him to a contract extension, the franchise tag would be a logical solution . . . "

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

rest of article :

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/11/26/2011-afc-north-free-agent-preview[/url]

I'd be minorly interested in the Bills' Donte Whitner if he was in the FA class...

I like this idea of Rubin.