Thread: nickel

nickel

any announcement on who is starting at nickle this weekend? I know DC got a lot of burn last week.

From what I saw last week it looked like they split time pretty evenly and both played pretty well. There was one bad play where DC looked a little lost and let up a Stuckey first down. But then he had the game saving forced fumble. Wilson was playing some inspired football and saved a first down with a timely tackle late in the game.

I think we have a great Cornerback crew however its the coverage from our safetys and linebackers over the middle that is absolutely killing us. Teams know the outside is locked down on both sides so they are completely exposing us between the numbers. Eric Smith is not athletic enough to cover a good TE and Scott/Harris aren't nimble/savvy enough to adequately cover a zone. I see Scott get burned all the time and if anyone was responsible for that game tying TD it was him. He did not anticipate Masaqui coming over the middle of the field and was entirely out of position.

I think this is something we are going to have to live with as it is the way of our defense. I don't mind it so much because it really does force teams to be one dimensional. If our offense ever gets a big lead our D will NOT give it up easily.
    Last edited by FakterX; 11-20-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wilson.

I'm sure both will get similar amount of playing time because the other guy will be the fourth CB and we will only have four CB's active for the game. Pool, Smith, or Ihedigbo will have to be the emergency fifth CB, and McKnight will be activated as the third string RB/emergency CB. I doubt he'd see a snap on defense unless two corners went down though.

Last week Wilson was on the field for 16 plays, Coleman 8. After Coleman's strip of Stuckey, I think he may have earned some more time on the field again.

[QUOTE=124;3825737]I'm sure both will get similar amount of playing time because the other guy will be the fourth CB and we will only have four CB's active for the game. Pool, Smith, or Ihedigbo will have to be the emergency fifth CB, and McKnight will be activated as the third string RB/emergency CB. I doubt he'd see a snap on defense unless two corners went down though.

Last week Wilson was on the field for 16 plays, Coleman 8. After Coleman's strip of Stuckey, I think he may have earned some more time on the field again.[/QUOTE]

I think your right about the first part but I really don't think Coleman earned anything with that strip. If I'm not mistaken, it was his fault Stuckey got the first down initially. Definitely a heads up play to go for the ball but if Stuckey had his head on straight Coleman would have been the dog of the day. We'll see what rex thinks tomor.