Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: the reason we have few int's

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

the reason we have few int's

We take out most of the deep throws with our cb play so teams are dinking and dunking us over and over. Its a lot less likely to get a pick on a short dink and that is all we are giving them.

So until we switch up our scheme get used to a ton of short crossing patterns to te's and dump offs to the rb's. Low chance for int's. But also low chance for the big play

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've had a lot of blown coverages this year - underneath. The crossing patterns and medium ball down the middle are killing us. Penalties are also killing us, not to mention the monster cushions that our CBs are giving.

If I had to say, however, Cromartie has done a good job this year.

Expect at least 2 INTs tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defensive playcalling would be the answer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;3825731]We take out most of the deep throws with our cb play so teams are dinking and dunking us over and over. [B] Its a lot less likely to get a pick on a short dink and that is all we are giving them.[/B]

So until we switch up our scheme get used to a ton of short crossing patterns to te's and dump offs to the rb's. Low chance for int's. But also low chance for the big play[/QUOTE]

oh what could have been if chad pennington was still under center in Miami lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3825733]We've had a lot of blown coverages this year - underneath. The crossing patterns and medium ball down the middle are killing us. Penalties are also killing us, not to mention the monster cushions that our CBs are giving.

If I had to say, however, Cromartie has done a good job this year.

Expect at least 2 INTs tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I sure wouldn't say they're killing us. I agree that is the biggest weakness on the team, but they have to complete about 80% of those, and avoid any negative plays, or turnovers to do any damage top us that way. If our offense can be more consistent we can live with that. I'd love to get a top flight safety, but considering we have a top 10 defense, and the best record in football, I would have to say it's not killing us.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... cro has been one of, if not THE, best players for us this year ...

l_j_r