Thread: Texans on the road past 2 years have the most yards per game

Texans on the road past 2 years have the most yards per game

something along the lines of 410 yards per game they just said it on the NFL network. Thats on the road ... I know there defense is terrible but if we don't score in the red zone tomorrow this could be a rough day.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Their D, sucks.

All League
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3826049]something along the lines of 410 yards per game they just said it on the NFL network. Thats on the road ... I know there defense is terrible but [B]if we don't score in the red zone tomorrow this could be a rough day[/B].[/QUOTE]

Shi*tty is still the OC. If the Texans put up more than 20, we lose.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3826049]something along the lines of 410 yards per game they just said it on the NFL network. Thats on the road ... I know there defense is terrible but if we don't score in the red zone tomorrow this could be a rough day.[/QUOTE]

This is irrelevant. The Texans suck against Rex Ryan. Bart Scott explained it after last year's game: You play physical with them and they give up. They're a team full of pussies. No heart. That's why they've never made the playoffs before, and why they're not going to make it this year either.

Also, that 410 yard average includes the 526 yards they put up on that pitiful Redskins defense in Week 2.

410 x 4 = 1640 - 526 = 1114 / 3 = 371.333 ypg

Hmmm....not so impressive anymore.

I'm far less concerned about this game than I was about the games against the Lions and Browns, who I thought were dangerous, hungry teams.

Could be a high scoring game today. Should be exciting.

Veteran
    If Houston was coming in at 5-4 or 6-3 I'd be nervous. I think they may have packed it in after last week. They have the worst defense in the NFL, so the Jets should be able to score points on them.

I'm not nearly as worried about today as I was about last week in Cleveland.

All Pro
    What's the correlation between yards and points? Until you show that the correlation is meaningful, the point is empty.

Edit: I just went back and took a quick look.

New England is first in points and eighteenth in total yards.
    Tennessee is third in points and twenty-eighth in total yards.
    Oakland is seventh in point and thirteenth in total yards.
    Green Bay is ninth in poinsts and fifteenth in total yards.

Then there's the question of yards to wins and yards to points.... the premise has to be validated first...
    Last edited by long island leprechaun; 11-21-2010 at 08:14 AM.

jets are a case in point. they have been putting up the yards too. interesting though becuase if you change the fg's to td's and the td's to fg's then they are nearly at the patsie points scored level. with the jets, it's all about red zone td's.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3826154]What's the correlation between yards and points? Until you show that the correlation is meaningful, the point is empty.

Edit: I just went back and took a quick look.

New England is first in points and eighteenth in total yards.
    Tennessee is third in points and twenty-eighth in total yards.
    Oakland is seventh in point and thirteenth in total yards.
    Green Bay is ninth in poinsts and fifteenth in total yards.

Then there's the question of yards to wins and yards to points.... the premise has to be validated first...[/QUOTE]

The Jets Offense better not sputter in this one. .but then again, ****ty is behind the helm. It's going to be a frustrating game. ..I feel it. ..Schuab 400 yards, Foster 123 yards. ...I hope the Jets score .

Jets Insider VIP
    According to the Texans, we stole their playoff spot last year, so they'll be looking for revenge.

I don't know what that will translate to on field.... :dunno:

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3826049]something along the lines of 410 yards per game they just said it on the NFL network. Thats on the road ... I know there defense is terrible but if we don't score in the red zone tomorrow this could be a rough day.[/QUOTE]

Well, they've got to get to the red zone first. The Jets have really had trouble recently on offense. The players are not executing the plays that Schotty calls very well, that much cannot be argued. However, Schotty gets too cute at times. The Jets, in general this season, have the better talent than the opposing team. Why not focus on what the Jets do well? In other words, line up, snap the ball, and hit the defense in the mouth. That's what the Jets are built on.

But I agree, they must score touchdowns when they are in the red zone.