Thread: OT: Anyone see Sergio Martinez/ Paul Williams last night?

OT: Anyone see Sergio Martinez/ Paul Williams last night?

These guys fought each once before and it was very entertaining. A total war that went the distance. Paul Williams won a majority decision.

Last night was the sequel. This was a fight I thought would again go the distance.

Instead, in the second round, Sergio Martinez caught Williams with a short overhand left. Williams was out from the second it hit him. He went down like a sack of potatoes and laid motionless in the ring. Knocked out COLD.

They are playing the rerun of the fight on HBO today at certain times. You should check it out.

Certainly didn't add up to the fight of the year, but was DEFINITELY the KO of the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    What an epic knockout.

dont blink. happens at the 15 second mark then slow mo'ed after.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/11/21/1...williams-video

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    These guys fought each once before and it was very entertaining. A total war that went the distance. Paul Williams won a majority decision.

Last night was the sequel. This was a fight I thought would again go the distance.

Instead, in the second round, Sergio Martinez caught Williams with a short overhand left. Williams was out from the second it hit him. He went down like a sack of potatoes and laid motionless in the ring. Knocked out COLD.

They are playing the rerun of the fight on HBO today at certain times. You should check it out.

Certainly didn't add up to the fight of the year, but was DEFINITELY the KO of the year.
    Nasty ko...Margarito beat Martinez, Williams beat Margarito. I saw williams try to use the same tactic margartio used to beat martinez and he failed. Williams will never be the same.