Thread: Drew Coleman's NON interception

Drew Coleman's NON interception

Sources have told me that before the game the NFL instituted a new rule that if you grab the ball away from the receiver as you are going down to the ground and once on the ground completely take the ball away from the receiver it is an interception for 31 teams, but the Jets have been excluded from the rule. The jets have delclined to comment on the "fairness" of the rule.

How is that not an interception? It was ruled an INT against us TWICE in 1 game when we played the packers. Anyone care to comment on this play. They didn't really show any replays.

[QUOTE=jetglass;3827542]Sources have told me that before the game the NFL instituted a new rule that if you grab the ball away from the receiver as you are going down to the ground and once on the ground completely take the ball away from the receiver it is an interception for 31 teams, but the Jets have been excluded from the rule. The jets have delclined to comment on the "fairness" of the rule.

How is that not an interception? It was ruled an INT against us TWICE in 1 game when we played the packers. Anyone care to comment on this play. They didn't really show any replays.[/QUOTE]

i hear you, but he never actually took the ball away from the receiver. they both had it.

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;3827552]i hear you, but he never actually took the ball away from the receiver. they both had it.[/QUOTE]

But he did take the ball away from him after they were both on the ground, no? Thats exactly what the DB did to Cotchery against the Packers.

In that Green Bay game that would have been a pick.

[QUOTE=jetglass;3827577]But he did take the ball away from him after they were both on the ground, no? Thats exactly what the DB did to Cotchery against the Packers.[/QUOTE]

and keller

All League
    [QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;3827552]i hear you, but he never actually took the ball away from the receiver. they both had it.[/QUOTE]

That's my understanding as well. The Jets just had horrendous timing on those two interceptions. They just happened to get the ball stripped at the right time.