Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: both Holmes and braylon need to be resigned in the offseason

both Holmes and braylon need to be resigned in the offseason

that needs to be top priority.. Bottom line we dont win and have this record without both of them. our running game has sucked the big one this season.

All League
    [QUOTE=ice-coleman;3827575]that needs to be top priority.. Bottom line we dont win and have this record without both of them. our running game has sucked the big one this season.[/QUOTE]
    tender, franchise, whatever needs to be done. get these guys signed!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't give a crap about resigning either. That's for March.

I'm enjoying the ride.

All Pro
    Im with you. best duo jets have had in a while.

and cro, brad smith and ellis. re-sign em all.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ice-coleman;3827575]that needs to be top priority.. Bottom line we dont win and have this record without both of them. our running game has sucked the big one this season.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you. They are a dangerous duo for sure. Brandon Marshall? They can have him. I will take our guys! We are a TEAM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3827715]and cro, brad smith and ellis. re-sign em all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3827715]and cro, brad smith and ellis. re-sign em all.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Holmes and Edwards MUST be kept for the long term. It usually takes YEARS for a QB to get the kind of chemistry Sanchez has with those guys.....and I thought Pat Turner looked like a legit WR today. It was nice seeing a big WR in #88....

is it possible??? getting under cap..alot of people dont want to get rid of harris..but to me hes kinda been invisible this year..

Just Heard on SNY that Tanny isn't going to make a decision on these two UNTIL THE OFFSEASON.

Makes sense. Don't worry, Be Happy.....about this season thus far.

Worry about everything else after the SuperBowl.... ;)

Agreed they need to be resigned

Harris,Cro,Edwards and Holmes need to be brought back.

Not sure if it's possible to sign these guys with the cap but a lot of players on the d can be let go

Ghost
    Pace(he has sucked this year)
    Taylor
    Pool
    e.Smith
    Coleman
    Thomas
    Jenkins(love him can't stay healthy,maybe back on min salary.

On offense
    T.Rich
    Cotch(huge Cotch fan but he's just not as good as Holmes Edwards

If we resign Holmes and Edwards the offense appears to be set,then the 2011 draft can be all about defense.Ball hawking safety,pass rushing olb's

we also could use a home run hitter in the backfield

I agree and I hate to say it, but cotch is the odd man out. the passing offense seemed to open up without him in the game today...

[QUOTE=ryan10;3827756]is it possible??? getting under cap..alot of people dont want to get rid of harris..but to me hes kinda been invisible this year..[/QUOTE]

I agree to an extent, but on the other hand Harris has never been the type of LB that makes highlight reels. He just quietly gets his 10-15 tackles a game.

I actually thought he looked pretty good today. If you remember on that final TD that Houston scored, Harris completely leveled Foster, stopping him in his tracks. It was just a heads up play by Foster to stretch the ball out as he went to the ground. But either way that play showed just how strong DH is to stop a guy that big running full steam ahead the way he did.

As far as the OP goes, I completely agree. If you would have asked me this question in the beginning of the season, I probably would have said "Holmes: yes, Edwards: no," but Braylon has really resurrected his career here and has drastically cut down on his dropped passes. These guys are very dangerous, and with Cotchery and Keller there to make the plays over the middle, LT flanking out on those screens and check downs, and an O-Line that(when healthy) can give him the time and space to make plays, Sanchez has all the weapons he should need to make sure this offense performs at a very high level.

IMO, I'd consider investing in a RB, particularly one who excells in the pass-catching area, with one of our top draft picks next offseason. LT, while he has exceeded expectations this season, still is not the player he once was, and if we were able to draft a solid RB with speed, shiftiness and good hands, that could really make our pass attack one of the best in the league.

Rex, if you are reading this, this is a passing team now. Give Sanchez the green light to air them out.

All League

Can the Jets re-sign Edwards and Holmes?

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets[/url]

[SIZE="4"][B]Can the Jets re-sign Edwards and Holmes?[/B][/SIZE]

Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards are producing big numbers for the New York Jets. After the season, the Jets will try to produce big numbers for them -- as in dollars.

The starting wide receivers will be free agents, and the Jets will have some tough decisions to make. Can they re-sign both? If not, which one do they keep? You have to figure that each player will be seeking a deal north of $6 million per year, and that might be a conservative projection.

"Obviously, they're both very important pieces to us, both priorities," GM Mike Tannenbaum told ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday. "We want to keep as many players as we can, but a lot of questions have to be answered. We need to know what the rules are."

The free agency rules, he meant. The uncertainty with the collective bargaining agreement has put teams in a holding pattern because they don't know if there will be a salary cap in 2011 -- if there's no lockout. As Tannenbaum said, "It's wait and see."

In the meantime, Tannenbaum has reached out to receiver's agents, letting them know they're interested in engaging in talks as soon as the rules are defined. He's done that with their other potential free agents as well.

That the Jets have several high-profile free agents could complicate matters, especially if there's a cap. LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and WR Brad Smith also could be free agents, and it will be difficult to retain them all. But, again, it depends on the rules.

If they're allowed to guarantee salaries in future years, as they did under the old system, it will create more flexibility. Because Holmes and Edwards have had off-the-field issues, the Jets will be interested to see if there are rules that protect the club's investment.

In terms of pure football ability, the Jets are happy with both players.

"They're doing everything we've asked them to do," Tannenbaum said. "They're complete players."

Edwards has said many times that he'd like to sign a long-term deal with the Jets. Asked Tuesday if he'd like to do the same, Holmes said, "Ask me in February."

All League
    Charter JI Member

Don't discount a possible "Rex Ryan discount." Guys might just take slightly less to stay and play for him.

Now....I'm not saying guys are gonna give the Jets huge discounts, but if offers from other teams aren't blowing the Jets out of the water....the "Rex Ryan discount" will come into play.

Win the SB and everything else is gravy . . .

[QUOTE=IndianaJet;3831706]Don't discount a possible "Rex Ryan discount." Guys might just take slightly less to stay and play for him.

Now....I'm not saying guys are gonna give the Jets huge discounts, but if offers from other teams aren't blowing the Jets out of the water....the "Rex Ryan discount" will come into play.[/QUOTE]

man, i hope so..anyone think that with an 18 game season almost a lock the cap would be raised? i'd hope that with that increase, we can sign our dynamic duo. the way they compliment each other is ridiculous and if one leaves, i think the opportunities the other sees (with their coverages, etc) will also taper off.

there's a lot of harris love on this forum but with the defense (as a unit, not him) playing how they are and blowing leads, i like the fact that we have 2 bonafide studs on the outsides that'll make plays to get the W

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3831668][url]
    Edwards has said many times that he'd like to sign a long-term deal with the Jets. Asked Tuesday if he'd like to do the same, Holmes said, "Ask me in February."[/QUOTE]

This speaks volumes about each player's perspective on things.

Although you could also say that what Santonio is stating is that the time for Contract talks should be in the Offseason and not be misinterpeted like he doesn't want to be a Jet in the future...

I don't know, though....Edwards has said he wants to sign a long-term deal so much and so many times, I think he might be desperate enough to stay for a Good Discount. Holmes, i think, won't come cheap.

All League
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;3827638]Im with you. best duo jets have had in a while.[/QUOTE]

Last time we had a top duo was Chrebet and Keyshawn. Gotta do everything they can to keep both, if at all possible.

Edwards and Holmes should be signed by the Jets to new 4 yr contracts apiece. That should do it!;)