Thread: Let's hope Damien Woody is okay

Veteran

Let's hope Damien Woody is okay

because Wayne Hunter could not do the job this week. Woody stayed in uniform and was on the sideline, which is probably a good thing, but the entire OL took a big step down without Woody in there.

Hunter was put in a very tough spot, since Houston flipped Mario Williams to his side.

that being said, we did a poor job adjusting to that, Hunter was left 1-on-1 against Mario most of the time. we should've had Hartsock or one of the FB's helping him out.

if Woody can't go on Thursday, i'd like to see Ducasse get a shot at RT.

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3827641]because Wayne Hunter could not do the job this week. Woody stayed in uniform and was on the sideline, which is probably a good thing, but the entire OL took a big step down without Woody in there.[/QUOTE]

+1

Hunter was a nightmare. And he wasn't just getting burnt by Mario, so that's not an excuse. Those complaining about Woody's pass protection are now seeing reality.

Thank god we don't have a statue as a QB; plus our next two opponents don't really bring the heat, so hopefully it's just a short-term issue

Hunter is not even close to Woody in ability... Hunter is a problem if we have to continue to rely on him.

At first look, I thought the WOody injury was your prototypical ACL injury though.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He was riding the bike, so....hopefully he is ok.

Schotty gave Hunter NO help at all. No RB to chip him or anything. Schotty hung Hunter out to dry.

he got rolled up on the side... MCL sprain perhaps?

fwiw i dont think we can judge Wayne Hunter just by his play against Mario Williams. When that guy wants to, he can take over the game. we dont know that a healthy Woody makes those blocks...

Jets Insider VIP
    I must say, I was disappointed in Hunter. Thought he had a rough game filling in for Woody after the injury. The Greene fumble and Sanchez interception were both the result of very poor blocking by the line. Need Woody back soon!