Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodhead vs. Greene

Woodhead vs. Greene

I don't know but right now Woodhead is looking like the RB thr Jets should have kept and gave the Pats Greene.

Maybe Greene has more upside, but the kid can play

Two different types of backs. Greene is a power back who you use to control a game---Woodhead is more of a third down back. Eventually he will get rocked and go coma.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3827950]Two different types of backs. Greene is a power back who you use to control a game---Woodhead is more of a third down back. Eventually he will get rocked and go coma.[/QUOTE]

He's been getting knocked around a good bit today.

Veteran
    Greene has nothing to do with this. They kept McKnight instead of Woodhead because they weren't willing to admit a draft mistake. Big mistake. Big. Huge.

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3827945]I don't know but right now Woodhead is looking like the RB thr Jets should have kept and gave the Pats Greene.

Maybe Greene has more upside, but the kid can play[/QUOTE]

I'll take "People who should drink less before posting for $1,000, Alex":

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3827304]I am back on my 4-6 down the stretch.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RoadFan;3827959]Greene haqs nothing to do with this. They kept McKnight instead of Woodhead because they weren't willing to admit a draft mistake. Big mistake. Big. Huge.[/QUOTE]

that's right, forgot about that. ...huge draft mistake.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3827963]I'll take "People who should drink less before posting for $1,000, Alex":[/QUOTE]

I'll take "Severely Retarded Children" for $500 Alex.

_

[QUOTE=RoadFan;3827959]Greene haqs nothing to do with this. They kept McKnight instead of Woodhead because they weren't willing to admit a draft mistake. Big mistake. Big. Huge.[/QUOTE]

I agree they kept McKnight over Woodhead, but remember Greene didn't play at all until late November, early December last year...

It's a growing thing the Jets are going to do with Rookie RB's, at least that is what I am thinking, and I think McKnight will have a better career than Woodhead when it is all said and done.

Yea you're right, we should have cut Greene at the beginning of the season :rolleyes:

All League

Lets be honest, Woodhead would have seen the field about as much as McKnight has seen the field. He's a nice change of pace guy, but is not, and will never be, an every down running back. We have a promising young RB in Greene and a hall of fame back in Tomlinson. He wasn't going to see the field.

Hall Of Fame
    if mcknight was on the pats he'd be doing even better than woodhead...its all about scheme

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3827945]I don't know but right now Woodhead is looking like the RB thr Jets should have kept and gave the Pats Greene.

No. We should have cut Eric Smith.

All League

The Patriots would give Woodhead to the Jets for Greene, and toss in a draft pick. And they wouldn't even think about it before doing it.

All League
    I'll take "Worst posters on JI for 200, Alex"

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;3827971]I agree they kept McKnight over Woodhead, but remember Greene didn't play at all until late November, early December last year...

It's a growing thing the Jets are going to do with Rookie RB's, at least that is what I am thinking, and I think McKnight will have a better career than Woodhead when it is all said and done.[/QUOTE]

Good post and I agree

Veteran
    Didn't you say that you weren't going to make new threads anymore?

All League
    What about this?:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221698[/url]

Yo--You cant fault Greene for the lack of running lanes---I mean heck, Walter Peyton would be stymied with the OL playing this way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mods, please move to LadanianImNotDone-NySackExhange-DWCBot forum.

Thanks.

If that were the case, Woodhead would have beaten out Greene when he was a Jet.

He didn't.

Therefore you assertion is incorrect. Woodheads play on a totally different team, out of that teams desperation, does not validate a Woodhead > Greene comparison.