Thread: I have never been so proud to be a Jets fan.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never been so proud to be a Jets fan.....

As I was today. Not for any of the fourth quarter heroics.....

But for the standing ovation the fans showered upon Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor recipient from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. It gave me goosebumps.

We talk about heroes on the field. Not one of the players has anything on that man. That man received the nation's top military award on Tuesday, three years after retrieving a wounded comrade under gunfire in Afghanistan as the Taliban carried the stricken soldier away.

I expected the fans to cheer for him. I was totally impressed everyone stood for this man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. It was a proud moment for everyone. The halftime Taps gave me goosebumps.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot about that......that was the single best halftime we have had at a Jets game in years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Post.

We owe so much to those guys.
    Its ridiculous that dickheads in Congress make on an average 75K a year and the soldiers average 27K....... its the stupidest thing about this great country. It really is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;3828012]As I was today. Not for any of the fourth quarter heroics.....

But for the standing ovation the fans showered upon Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor recipient from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. It gave me goosebumps.

We talk about heroes on the field. Not one of the players has anything on that man. That man received the nation's top military award on Tuesday, three years after retrieving a wounded comrade under gunfire in Afghanistan as the Taliban carried the stricken soldier away.

I expected the fans to cheer for him. I was totally impressed everyone stood for this man.[/QUOTE]

Damn,, I missed that--the guy is so humble and what makes America great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rgoltsch;3828012]As I was today. Not for any of the fourth quarter heroics.....

[B]We talk about heroes on the field. Not one of the players has anything on that man. That man received the nation's top military award on Tuesday, three years after retrieving a wounded comrade under gunfire in Afghanistan as the Taliban carried the stricken soldier away.[/B]

I expected the fans to cheer for him. I was totally impressed everyone stood for this man.[/QUOTE]
    Forget overpaid football players that man is a Warrior..