Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moron Rollcall - Who Left Early?

All League

Moron Rollcall - Who Left Early?

Sadly, we were morons and left after the interception. :(

About the only saving grace was we spotted the "Jets Bus" parked in the Yellow lot with a giant flat screen mounted on the side. Along with about 20-30 fellow morons, we got to see the game end from the parking lot.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 11-21-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Digetydog;3828140]Sadly, we were morons and left after the interception. :(

About the only saving grace was we spotted the "Jets Bus" parked in the Yellow lot with a giant flat screen mounted on the side. Along with about 20-30 fellow morons, we got to see the came end from the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

finally found something good about the new stadium....

we started to leave after the interception....once again they purposely shut down one of the escalators from section 300 down and the crowd was getting very angry- livid...one guy is yelling at the security guard- "why is it like this every fukin week???!!"...

they then re-route the traffice through the 200 level...on the way down to the 100 level i am watching the game on the screen outside the stadium....the texans kicked the field goal and the Jets are getting the ball back with a minute left...i say to my buddy, "lets go in and watch the rest of the game"....

we walk into the corner of the end zone in the 100's where fireman ed is ....we watch the rest of the game- Holmes caught the game winning TD pass in front of us...

thank God for that TV screen....:yes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3828257]finally found something good about the new stadium....

we started to leave after the interception....once again they purposely shut down one of the escalators from section 300 down and the crowd was getting very angry- livid...one guy is yelling at the security guard- "why is it like this every fukin week???!!"...

they then re-route the traffice through the 200 level...on the way down to the 100 level i am watching the game on the screen outside the stadium....the texans kicked the field goal and the Jets are getting the ball back with a minute left...i say to my buddy, "lets go in and watch the rest of the game"....

we walk into the corner of the end zone in the 100's where fireman ed is ....we watch the rest of the game- Holmes caught the game winning TD pass in front of us...

thank God for that TV screen....:yes:[/QUOTE]

Same!! My brother had a mini meltdown and we left. I had a feeling something would happen and stayed outside the stadium and watched. When Holmes caught the TD I ran and yelled like a crazed person, hugging random people.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FYtheSG;3828449]Same!! My brother had a mini meltdown and we left. I had a feeling something would happen and stayed outside the stadium and watched. When Holmes caught the TD I ran and yelled like a crazed person, hugging random people.[/QUOTE]

yeh- but bro, i didn't leave the stadium...just sat downstairs...at one point in the stadium big screens they did show everyone outside watching the game...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3828465]yeh- but bro, i didn't leave the stadium...just sat downstairs...at one point in the stadium big screens they did show everyone outside watching the game...[/QUOTE]

Haha, same as in I also used those screens. The sad thing that Braylon catch was right near where we sit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Left the bar with 2 minutes left so my kids wouldn't miss the start of Harry Potter. FAIL.

[QUOTE=LAJET;3828970]Left the bar with 2 minutes left so my kids wouldn't miss the start of Harry Potter. FAIL.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

Check the In case u missed it thread.

Veteran
    In all the yrs at Giant Stadium, we never left a game early. This year up until yesterday has been a disaster trying to get out of the stadium. Leaving after the interception, we were able to watch the game on the screens right outside where the ticket takers are and celebrate with the other few thousand who left early too. And only 50 feet from the parking lot bridge. I was home by 5:15, usually get home betw 6-6:30. Definitely the right move to leave early.

[QUOTE=sect112row36;3829075]In all the yrs at Giant Stadium, we never left a game early. This year up until yesterday has been a disaster trying to get out of the stadium. Leaving after the interception, we were able to watch the game on the screens right outside where the ticket takers are and celebrate with the other few thousand who left early too. And only 50 feet from the parking lot bridge. I was home by 5:15, usually get home betw 6-6:30. Definitely the right move to leave early.[/QUOTE]

Really? I saw it at home on TV. So that must be better than, y'know, actually being there?

[QUOTE=sect112row36;3829075]In all the yrs at Giant Stadium, we never left a game early. This year up until yesterday has been a disaster trying to get out of the stadium. Leaving after the interception, we were able to watch the game on the screens right outside where the ticket takers are and celebrate with the other few thousand who left early too. And only 50 feet from the parking lot bridge. I was home by 5:15, usually get home betw 6-6:30. Definitely the right move to leave early.[/QUOTE]

So why not leave every game early? I don't get your logic.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3829081]So why not leave every game early? I don't get your logic.[/QUOTE]

have to been to a game at the new stadium yet?? if so you'd completely understand his logic...

specifically the close games (Baltimore/NE/GB/yesterday) it could take 15-25 minutes to get from your seat to outside the stadium- its' a catastrophe waiting to happen...i completely understand people who watched that team collapse in the 4th quarter yesterday saying "i'm outta here" after the int....

the old stadium was 3-to-5 minutes and your out...

thankfully i decided to do a u-turn after watching the game on the screen outside the stadium while riding down the escalator....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3829089]have to been to a game at the new stadium yet?? if so you'd completely understand his logic...

specifically the close games (Baltimore/NE/GB/yesterday) it could take 15-25 minutes to get from your seat to outside the stadium- its' a catastrophe waiting to happen...i completely understand people who watched that team collapse in the 4th quarter yesterday saying "i'm outta here" after the int....

thankfully i decided to do a u-turn after watching the game on the screen outside the stadium while riding down the escalator....[/QUOTE]

Can't say that I have. Long drive for me :) Anyways, if getting home an hour earlier is of utmost importance, why even go to the game? If watching that ending on the TV is just as exciting as being IN the stadium, perhaps live events aren't your thing?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3829127]Can't say that I have. Long drive for me :) Anyways, if getting home an hour earlier is of utmost importance, why even go to the game? If watching that ending on the TV is just as exciting as being IN the stadium, perhaps live events aren't your thing?[/QUOTE]

what you say makes sense but again, getting out of that stadium, not the parking lot, the stadium, is a miserable experience and when one considers what took place the first 14 minutes of the last quarter the aggravation and hostility level was at fever pitch yesterday around 4...

Veteran
    Ok let me clarify. All things being equal, I wish I stayed as I have for every game attended over the past 35 yrs. However when you consider the gameday experience, plus the massive celebration that occured inside and outside the stadium the fact that I got home an hour earler than normal made this the right decision for yesterday. I am sure that over the course of the rest of the season, stadium officials will realize the bottlenecks they have created and will eliminate them, or perhaps we will figure out how to circumvent these bottlenecks and then make it less conducive to leaving early. Yes this stadium has made it conducive to leaving early.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

From my seat in the upper deck among the great unwashed, it appeared that almost the entire Mezz level was empty.

We always stay until the end but are clearly even more in the minority than we used to be.

Welcome to the new Jets home crowd.
    What made it even worse were the nitwits who were screaming when we got the ball back and Sanchez was under center.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3829089]have to been to a game at the new stadium yet?? if so you'd completely understand his logic...

thankfully i decided to do a u-turn after watching the game on the screen outside the stadium while riding down the escalator....[/QUOTE]

I was in 318 and stayed, and I somehow got out in about 5 minutes. Had no idea where I was going, followed the crowd. Going in, we took the stairs.

Crowd got pretty ugly by us, there was 6 NJ troopers hanging in our section until the end.

Jets Insider VIP
    the new stadium is great (unless you are trapped in the upper deck)

stayed until the game was over and still made it to the train quickly, made a no-wait connection in Secaucus and made my connection to the LIRR with minutes to spare

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Stayed to the end and got out of the UD pretty quickly. I guess its a lot easier when all of the people in the lower decks are gone already.

All League
    [QUOTE=petejet;3829278]Stayed to the end and got out of the UD pretty quickly. I guess its a lot easier when all of the people in the lower decks are gone already.[/QUOTE]

+1

Stayed for the whole thing and it was amazing. One fan was yelling continuously, "The game's not over, the game's not over", and then some guy screamed back, "Yes it is, go home". Well I've never left a Jet game early out of every game I've been too and I've been to some pitiful ones the past few years, Packers, Broncos, Browns, etc. That was quite possibley the most exciting ending to a game I've ever been to. After it was like everybody in the stands was family it was awesome. When I went to the Packer game I had to listen to the stadium screaming "Go pack go" as they probably outnumbered us 3-1 by the time the game ended. Yesterday after that catch was probably the loudest I've ever heard, or maybe I was just caught up in the moment screaming at the top of my lungs. My advice, never leave a game early, especially not with this non-SOJ team.