Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitting T-Rich out wide

Splitting T-Rich out wide

Why do we this all the time? I don't think he's [I]ever[/I] run a route. It's pretty obvious that he's going to motion in to the backfield, and that it's going to be a run behind him. We must've done it at least five times today, and every single time it was a run.

Schotty - I don't think we fool anyone when T-Rich lines up wide, teams recognize that he'll just motion inside and that it will be a run.

If it's to get something from the defense, I don't see it. If we're gonna run it, just line up and play. Or maybe it's just confirmation bias on my part and I don't recognize when we do this and it ends up being play action (cuz I don't).

Thoughts?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3828192]Why do we this all the time? I don't think he's [I]ever[/I] run a route. It's pretty obvious that he's going to motion in to the backfield, and that it's going to be a run behind him. We must've done it at least five times today, and every single time it was a run.

Schotty - I don't think we fool anyone when T-Rich lines up wide, teams recognize that he'll just motion inside and that it will be a run.

If it's to get something from the defense, I don't see it. If we're gonna run it, just line up and play. Or maybe it's just confirmation bias on my part and I don't recognize when we do this and it ends up being play action (cuz I don't).

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing today. I would also think it winds him a bit, running back to the line right before the play.

Rico, what about the play where he took out Holmes and split TRich and rolled Sanchez--it fooled nobody and forced us to kick. Shoddy, please get a head coaching job somewhere next year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3828209]Rico, what about the play where he took out Holmes and split TRich and rolled Sanchez--it fooled nobody and forced us to kick. Shoddy, please get a head coaching job somewhere next year.[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least he's FINALLY calling those slants.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3828209]Rico, what about the play where he took out Holmes and split TRich and rolled Sanchez--it fooled nobody and forced us to kick. Shoddy, please get a head coaching job somewhere next year.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he'll get the Miami gig :P

All League
    Did you forget who our OC was? The boy "genius" :rolleyes:

And we don't fool anyone when we run our "trick" plays and "special" formations.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3828222]And we don't fool anyone when we run our "trick" plays and "special" formations.[/QUOTE]

Yet Brad Smith continues to get yards and 1st downs.
    Last edited by RageATL; 11-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.

It's another pre-snap BS motion that Schitty puts into his system that does nothing to fool the defense.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark but can't it tell them if they are in zone or man? If not...then yeah Shotty sucks.

All Pro
    Maybe he's hoping that one day, someone won't cover him and he'll be wide open?

u guys are fools. The motion in our offense got us a 30 plus yard TD by Holmes earlier in the game by identifying man 2 man pre snap. If T Rich gets winded by just going in motion he shouldn't be on a professional football field. Who the hell thinks these things up lol .... as for him going in motion its not about fooling anybody seriously. I didn't see anybody complaining when he was doing that in the Minny game and we were running all over people. Its about identifying what line backer is set to focus on T Rich. Sometimes they don't put a DB on there when T Rich is split but rather the line backer who's job is to take on the FB. Some teams have a certain line backer they like to get to the FB for others to get to the RB. If you identify who that guy is pre-snap then you can adjust your running play or set up your play so its either opposite of that line backer or directly at him with another O Lineman picking him off. It works a lot when our O Line is at its best but lately our O Line hasn't been in top form. Guys learn about football before you talk about a OC seriously. My brother is the OC for a highschool in Florida that was ranked top 30 in the nation last year. Seriously learn the game guys before analyzing things that you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not message board bravado talking here ... I'm actually making a suggestion which you won't take but its ok cause you'll keep knowing nothing about the actual game.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3828249]u guys are fools. The motion in our offense got us a 30 plus yard TD by Holmes earlier in the game by identifying man 2 man pre snap. If T Rich gets winded by just going in motion he shouldn't be on a professional football field. Who the hell thinks these things up lol .... as for him going in motion its not about fooling anybody seriously. I didn't see anybody complaining when he was doing that in the Minny game and we were running all over people. Its about identifying what line backer is set to focus on T Rich. Sometimes they don't put a DB on there when T Rich is split but rather the line backer who's job is to take on the FB. Some teams have a certain line backer they like to get to the FB for others to get to the RB. If you identify who that guy is pre-snap then you can adjust your running play or set up your play so its either opposite of that line backer or directly at him with another O Lineman picking him off. It works a lot when our O Line is at its best but lately our O Line hasn't been in top form. Guys learn about football before you talk about a OC seriously. My brother is the OC for a highschool in Florida that was ranked top 30 in the nation last year. Seriously learn the game guys before analyzing things that you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not message board bravado talking here ... I'm actually making a suggestion which you won't take but its ok cause you'll keep knowing nothing about the actual game.[/QUOTE]

Settle down, Beavis.

All League
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3828249]u guys are fools. The motion in our offense got us a 30 plus yard TD by Holmes earlier in the game by identifying man 2 man pre snap. If T Rich gets winded by just going in motion he shouldn't be on a professional football field. Who the hell thinks these things up lol .... as for him going in motion its not about fooling anybody seriously. I didn't see anybody complaining when he was doing that in the Minny game and we were running all over people. Its about identifying what line backer is set to focus on T Rich. Sometimes they don't put a DB on there when T Rich is split but rather the line backer who's job is to take on the FB. Some teams have a certain line backer they like to get to the FB for others to get to the RB. If you identify who that guy is pre-snap then you can adjust your running play or set up your play so its either opposite of that line backer or directly at him with another O Lineman picking him off. It works a lot when our O Line is at its best but lately our O Line hasn't been in top form. Guys learn about football before you talk about a OC seriously. My brother is the OC for a highschool in Florida that was ranked top 30 in the nation last year. Seriously learn the game guys before analyzing things that you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not message board bravado talking here ... I'm actually making a suggestion which you won't take but its ok cause you'll keep knowing nothing about the actual game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pep talk, Nancy.

LT, bro, don't go homoerotic on me again.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3828229]Yet Brad Smith continues to get yards and 1st downs.[/QUOTE]

and Santonio and braylon continue to make plays. Weren't peoples complaint that we weren't using our weapons. Well holmes is going off now, brayon is chipping in, sanchez is putting up top 5 weekly numbers the past 3 weeks but now there's still something wrong? shocking!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3828278]and Santonio and braylon continue to make plays. Weren't peoples complaint that we weren't using our weapons. Well holmes is going off now, brayon is chipping in, sanchez is putting up top 5 weekly numbers the past 3 weeks but now there's still something wrong? shocking![/QUOTE]

We weren't using our weapons...lest you forget we got shutout at home a several weeks back? The offense is now clicking but it clearly took some time to get things going.

I never said something's wrong, someone asked why we do that and I responded.
    Last edited by RageATL; 11-21-2010 at 08:01 PM.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3828276]LT, bro, don't go homoerotic on me again.[/QUOTE]

i would take u under my wing ... seriously u could be my protege if u just acted right. if only u weren't so dumb i would consider it. i like u though ... u are just dumb ... but dumb and dumber is my favorite jim carey movie ... so i don't mind you

[QUOTE=RageATL;3828284]I never said something's wrong, someone asked why we do that and I responded.[/QUOTE]

i was just adding on to your post relax there. not everybody disagrees with you. i actually thought u made a good statement. quite the shocker but i give credit where credit is due

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3828295]i was just adding on to your post relax there. not everybody disagrees with you. i actually thought u made a good statement. quite the shocker but i give credit where credit is due[/QUOTE]

Perfectly calm, Dude...you started out in your response calling us fools. :rolleyes:

Rookie
    WOW Your so cool!
    My brother fixes pop machines and I now how to put fiddy cent in and get a pop out.