Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Leach should be our next...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Leach should be our next...

offensive coordinator...

I can't take it anymore!

Leach is smart, innovative, fearless.

He would take this offense to another dimension.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, make Sanchez and the rest of the O learn a new system. Great for the development of a young QB. :rolleyes:

If Schotty leaves making Callahan the OC is the only thing that makes sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it's either Shotty or Callahan? :rolleyes:

That's short-sighted.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex + Leach? Oh Lord...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=boxman;3828356]Rex + Leach? Oh Lord...[/QUOTE]

So you prefer the anemic offensive game plan against inferior opponents over the fear that Rex and Leach may not be able to co-exist?

I like the idea of at least talking to the guy and seeing if he can come in and be a part of a successful organization with one goal...the Super Bowl.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Callahan is the guy. I'm almost willing to say even LadanianImNOTdone could call a better game than Schitty. Almost.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3828353]So it's either Shotty or Callahan? :rolleyes:

That's short-sighted.[/QUOTE]

It's all about Sanchez.

You're plan doesn't help him.

Sanchez knows the playbook inside and out. Having him learn a new offense doesn't help him.

Sanchez is the key. He's more important than the OC and what benefits Sanchez, benefits the team.

Changing the playbook doesn't benefit Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3828370]So you prefer the anemic offensive game plan against inferior opponents over the fear that Rex and Leach may not be able to co-exist?

I like the idea of at least talking to the guy and seeing if he can come in and be a part of a successful organization with one goal...the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

That goal is this year.

The Jets are still playing the 2010 season, remember?

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a joke right? The anemic offense you speak of put up 30 points today, but ignoring that, you want an offense that will throw the ball 60 times a game and abandon the run? That might work as well as Steve Spurrier's transition to the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3828457]This is a joke right? The anemic offense you speak of put up 30 points today, but ignoring that, you want an offense that will throw the ball 60 times a game and abandon the run? That might work as well as Steve Spurrier's transition to the NFL.[/QUOTE]

30 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL is something to celebrate?

The effin Bills put up 49 points today. 30 points means nothing. The offense sucked as it does almost every week. Had the Jets not pulled this game out, everyone on this board would have blown a gasket. Are you serious?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3828381]Callahan is the guy. I'm almost willing to say even LadanianImNOTdone could call a better game than Schitty. Almost.[/QUOTE]

WOAH. Woah. Schotty's bad and all, but come on. Let's not jump to conclusions here...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3828457]This is a joke right? The anemic offense you speak of put up 30 points today, but ignoring that, you want an offense that will throw the ball 60 times a game and abandon the run? That might work as well as Steve Spurrier's transition to the NFL.[/QUOTE]

You're right, let's stick with Shotty and his inventive effective game plans. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Leach??? His system would be a joke in the NFL. That spread offense does not work in the NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leach's "air raid" spread offense will simply not work in the nfl...i would much prefer callahan who has a much more pro-oriented style where the entire offense can understand quickly and efficiently

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexamillion5592;3828485]Leach's "air raid" spread offense will simply not work in the nfl...i would much prefer callahan who has a much more pro-oriented style where the entire offense can understand quickly and efficiently[/QUOTE]

You should watch more college football and not rely so much on wikipedia.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3828397]It's all about Sanchez.

You're plan doesn't help him.

Sanchez knows the playbook inside and out. Having him learn a new offense doesn't help him.

Sanchez is the key. He's more important than the OC and what benefits Sanchez, benefits the team.

Changing the playbook doesn't benefit Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Consistency will help our young gun to be even better in the future. I want Cally for our next OC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;3828483]Mike Leach??? His system would be a joke in the NFL. That spread offense does not work in the NFL.[/QUOTE]
    And Shottenheimer's offense is less of a joke?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3828491]You should watch more college football and not rely so much on wikipedia.[/QUOTE]

You might want to watch an NFL game....its very tough to run the ball and protect the QB when you are spread out all the time. Plus the speed on defense in the NFL kills those kinds of offenses. Look at Spurrier and what his O did in the NFL..was a complete failure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3828506]And Shottenheimer's offense is less of a joke?[/QUOTE]

Than Mike Leach's would be in the NFL??? Yes...much less of a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;3828519]You might want to watch an NFL game....its very tough to run the ball and protect the QB when you are spread out all the time. Plus the speed on defense in the NFL kills those kinds of offenses. Look at Spurrier and what his O did in the NFL..was a complete failure.[/QUOTE]

So the assumption is that Leach brings the same offense with him and has no feel for the game and can make no adjustments? I never said bring the spread offense to the Jets. All I'm saying is this guy is an offensive mind that can bring a whole new dimension to this team and the immense offensive talent we have. Offensive talent that is being completely wasted with the sack of **** we have now on the sidelines.