Thread: "The Best Start Since 1986...the Year Sanchez was Born".

"The Best Start Since 1986...the Year Sanchez was Born".

Said by Dan Patrick on SFNiA.

1. Man, that sounds so nice, I could hear TV talking heads say that over, and over, and over....

2. Our Franchise QB was born in 1986? **** I feel old.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3828382]Said by Dan Patrick on SFNiA.

1. Man, that sounds so nice, I could hear TV talking heads say that over, and over, and over....

2. Our Franchise QB was born in 1986? **** I feel old.[/QUOTE]

Hard to day "Best Jets Team Ever Though", WF. The thing that seems to have happened here is that our luck has changed.

You remember those 80's teams -- the DL was SICK. The offense was stacked to push the ball downfield. I remember being at those games and it was like an airshow with Walker and Toon.

This team right now is probably the fourth best iteration of the Franchise --- but, what's different is that it seems like we have the potential to make a consistent epoch out of it (unlike the Vinny Era, which ended with the Achilles) - we're only scratching the surface of a new era.

1. 68-69
    2. 98-99
    3. one of those 80s teams - 81, or 85/86ish
    4. 09-11

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htxos7GoagU[/IMG]

Will Sanchez be as explosive as Ken O' Brien was? I never saw him play but I wiki'ed him and the numbers he put up were ridiculous.....

[QUOTE=Vin;3828699]Will Sanchez be as explosive as Ken O' Brien was? I never saw him play but I wiki'ed him and the numbers he put up were ridiculous.....[/QUOTE]

with braylon and holmes he could. but it was a philosophical thing too. the jets seemed to be just bombs away all day.

today we play a much more controlled game.

O'Brien went toe to toe with Marino game in game out. This franchise's #2 QB All Time -- still.

That was the year I became a JETS fan, I was 6... Cried like like the 6 year old I was watching us lose to the browns in the playoffs... It's been heaven ever since .....

Jets Insider VIP
    "Young and elite"

-DWCBot

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3828733]"Young and elite"

-DWCBot[/QUOTE]

+1

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    sick video...ken O'Brien was the man

[QUOTE=BLEED JET GREEN;3828732]That was the year I became a JETS fan, I was 6... Cried like like the 6 year old I was watching us lose to the browns in the playoffs... It's been heaven ever since .....[/QUOTE]

I became a fan the same year and roughly the same age that you were ... I'm not quite so sure about heaven ever since ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Vin;3828699]Will Sanchez be as explosive as Ken O' Brien was? I never saw him play but I wiki'ed him and the numbers he put up were ridiculous.....[/QUOTE]

Ken O' Brien explosive?? Not unless he ate some C-4 and farted.. He had 2 good years of 25 tds Vinny was better then that..:confused: