Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Turner!

Patrick Turner!

Has already shown more worth to the team today with his one big catch, than someone like...oh...let's say....Gholston.

He helped convert that 3rd down, which led to points.

Kudos, and thanks for your efforts.

Big time play. He's a big target and I hope he gets a shot to stay on the team

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3828836]Big time play. He's a big target and I hope he gets a shot to stay on the team[/QUOTE]

Definitely a big target, I liked what I saw today. :yes:

[QUOTE=RageATL;3828842]Definitely a big target, I liked what I saw today. :yes:[/QUOTE]

If he can make 1 play a game, that's 16 more plays than what Clowney would have done.

All Pro
    Him and Chez go way back.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaYwtU46J8[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3828857]If he can make 1 play a game, that's 16 more plays than what Clowney would have done.[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

Like Braylon Edwards, you can't teach SIZE. And Patrick has it. :yes:

[QUOTE=John_0515;3828834]Has already shown more worth to the team today with his one big catch, than someone like...oh...let's say....Gholston.

Kudos, and thanks for your efforts.[/QUOTE]

Watch the Jets highlights, the player who tackled Texans LB Kevin Bentley after the INT, Patrick Turner. Got the guy down / out of bounds. L.T. also hustled over to assist.

You could see him around the ball on special teams, don't know if he was credited with a tackle.

Turner was also out there in the last drive, he did his part against the Texans

All Pro
    I wasn't aware how much size he has until Sunday's game. Seems he could be an impact player if he keeps working.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3828834]Has already shown more worth to the team today with his one big catch, than someone like...oh...let's say....Gholston.

Kudos, and thanks for your efforts.[/QUOTE]

He is a big guy. I thought his catch was excellent. I hope we keep him. His 6ft5 height is impressive.

All League
    He also showed a lot of hustle in chasing down Bentley on the INT return.

i'd be all for having PT be the third wr this week. let b smith concentrate on wildcat and kick off returns. his back is hurting him too.

All Pro
    He's a nice weapon to have, and I hope he can stick around. This team needs some depth at WR badly. Brad Smith isn't really cutting it as a WR.

Turner should be on the fast-track for playing time at WR. Three things that stand out

[LIST][*]His Size and Strength - 6'5" 220 Can't Be Taught.[*]His Rapport With Sanchez Going Back To USC - See Rose Bowl.[*]His Pedigree: 3rd Round Pick. (Not A Scrub That We Are talking About).[*]He Caught The Ball That Was Thrown To Him. Simple As That. That It Was a Huge Play (3rd Down Conversion - Sweet Route Running Too!) At The Time Is Lagniappe.[/LIST]

Within Two Years I'd like to see him as our #3 WR.

Don't mean to be a downer, but I think we all might be making a bit too much out of one catch here. After all, Clowney had probably the nicest catch of 2008 when he one-handed a bullet from Favre (with his left) in a similar situation to convert a long 3rd-down. We all know how that story ended.

That said, Turner's potential in this offense definitely outweighs what Clowney's was, and I like the thought of Turner continuing to develop as a #4 guy behind Braylon, Santonio & Cotch (I want all three here for the future - cap be damned).

All League
    Clowney wasn't 6'5. Clowney couldn't run a route. Clowney is a scrub.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3830288]Clowney wasn't 6'5. Clowney couldn't run a route. Clowney is a scrub.[/QUOTE]

All true. But I'm not willing to say the last two sentences don't apply to Turner until he does something more than catch a pass on a basic out route against potentially the worst pass defense in NFL history. Gotta have a little perspective until he shows us something more.

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;3830264]Turner should be on the fast-track for playing time at WR. [U] Three things that stand out[/U]

[LIST][*]His Size and Strength - 6'5" 220 Can't Be Taught.[*]His Rapport With Sanchez Going Back To USC - See Rose Bowl.[*]His Pedigree: 3rd Round Pick. (Not A Scrub That We Are talking About).[*]He Caught The Ball That Was Thrown To Him. Simple As That. That It Was a Huge Play (3rd Down Conversion - Sweet Route Running Too!) At The Time Is Lagniappe.[/LIST]

Within Two Years I'd like to see him as our #3 WR.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that 4........:D

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3830281]Don't mean to be a downer, but I think we all might be making a bit too much out of one catch here. After all, Clowney had probably the nicest catch of 2008 when he one-handed a bullet from Favre (with his left) in a similar situation to convert a long 3rd-down. We all know how that story ended.

That said, Turner's potential in this offense definitely outweighs what Clowney's was, and I like the thought of Turner continuing to develop as a #4 guy behind Braylon, Santonio & Cotch (I want all three here for the future - cap be damned).[/QUOTE]

Turner's 1 catch in the NFL is more significant than anything Clowney has ever done.

lets not forget that turner looked very good on special teams. the clown looked like anne frank in a german conga line.