Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will stadium be even half full Thursday?

Practice Squad

Will stadium be even half full Thursday?

Just for the heck of it, I just checked out ticket availibility on the Jet's site. There are a TON of tickets available in every section of the stadium except for 1(241)

I know it's Thanksgiving and all (and I'm getting my share of flack from my family for going) but I blame the fact that so many seats have turned over to new fans this year who just don't get it. THis is a HUGE game for us wwith tough ones against NE, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and even Miami and Bills coming up.

We need the home field advantage this on Thursday and I'm not convinced that the advantage will be there.

Maybe it's just my section but we've had 7 games so far and I have not recognized more than 2 people who sit near me that I saw from a previous game. I started to ask the last couple of games if the people around me are the season ticket holders and NONE were. Everyone had bought the tickets on line. Where are all of the long time fans?

If you don't come to the games any more because of the PSL cost this is teh week to come back. You can have your pick of seats.

Practice Squad
    +1

I didn't see many Houston fans in the stands yesterday (distance? I had been seeing lots of opposing team fans this season), and hopefully Jets fans will be buying up those tickets and not Cincy fans.

I can only tell you this,

My buddy backed out on me (whose coming with me to the other 9 home games) for this game, and I put the ticket up on NFL Ticket Exchange 5 days ago. It sold yesterday for Face Value, and I'm still getting $110 out of the deal. It was a single seat, obviously, since I'm still going and I only have the two seats. I'm pumped.

I think it's going to be empty Thanksgiving night. I know a lot of season ticket holders selling their seats.

All Pro
    Ehh, I hear you man. I want the place to be rocking. But the NFL is making money hand over fist at our expense.

Playing on Thanksgiving is a big honor. But an 8-8:30 kickoff time on the East Coast is obscenely inonvenient to all fans. Considering traffic to and from it is awful. I have to work the next day as most East Coasters do. I've never been able to stay awake for the conclusion of a (non-Jets) MNF game. The NFL is getting it's TV money and making it very difficult for us to attend (and even watch) these late week night games.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll be there

don't really give a flying F about anybody else

GO JETS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I won't be there and we can't give away our tickets.

Family responsibilites trump the game.

[QUOTE=sg3;3829141]
    [B]don't really give a flying F about anybody else[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Nice epitath there Skippy.

Unlike Detroit, Thanksgiving Day games are not a New York tradition--it will probably be very quiet.

All League
    This game the non traditional Thanksgiving Day teams getting a big turn-out is an issue. Detroit and Dallas Fans have made this game a tradition for their Thanksging. This flex game is an issue for those teams past and future.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3829224]Nice "epitath" there Skippy.[/QUOTE]

Deer Vinny Patrollie Gronkhead

I Gnow Yoo ar a Patroit Choud Trolll Cloun, butt lern two spel annd GFY

All League
    This is the only game this year that I'll miss. It sucks but I have commitments.

[QUOTE=sg3;3829243]Deer Vinny Patrollie Gronkhead

I Gnow Yoo ar a Patroit Choud Trolll Cloun, butt lern two spel annd GFY[/QUOTE]

soory, If the shooo fits Skippy....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3829257]soory, If the shooo fits Skippy....[/QUOTE]

GFY

Yeah, Dallas and Detroit fans have built it into their schedules for years. I don't think you can hold it against anyone that doesn't show on Thursday.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3829233]This game the non traditional Thanksgiving Day teams getting a big turn-out is an issue. Detroit and Dallas Fans have made this game a tradition for their Thanksging. This flex game is an issue for those teams past and future.[/QUOTE]
    So true. You tell me the Jets will be playing home every T-day and I'll make sure this is the new Jman family tradition.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you can make it, great

If not, great

All League
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3829268]Yeah, Dallas and Detroit fans have built it into their schedules for years. I don't think you can hold it against anyone that doesn't show on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to hold against anyone. For those with family responability sorry to say 364 days of peace over this is more important.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=BUD329;3829058]Just for the heck of it, I just checked out ticket availibility on the Jet's site. There are a TON of tickets available in every section of the stadium except for 1(241)

[B] I know it's Thanksgiving and all (and I'm getting my share of flack from my family for going) but I blame the fact that so many seats have turned over to new fans this year who just don't get it. [/B] THis is a HUGE game for us wwith tough ones against NE, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and even Miami and Bills coming up.

We need the home field advantage this on Thursday and I'm not convinced that the advantage will be there.

Maybe it's just my section but we've had 7 games so far and I have not recognized more than 2 people who sit near me that I saw from a previous game. I started to ask the last couple of games if the people around me are the season ticket holders and NONE were. Everyone had bought the tickets on line. Where are all of the long time fans?

If you don't come to the games any more because of the PSL cost this is teh week to come back. You can have your pick of seats.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think that this year is the only year that a Thanksgiving day game would be problematic for Jet fans?

You may have more valid of a point for every other home game (i.e. different fans every game), but the same people who aren't going to the game this year wouldn't have gone to the game last year. And likewise, the people who are going would have bought tickets on the secondary market last just like this year.

There will probably be some empty seats, but if the Jets put on a performance worthy of cheering, you won't be able to tell the difference at all.

All League
    The forecast is calling for rain and cold temps in the evening. I think this will be the lowest attendance in quite some time.