Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Start of second halfs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Start of second halfs

I don't know if this needs its own thread but there is so much talk about starting fast around here at the start of games, what we really need to do is use that mantra at the start of the second half. We can make things so much easier for ourselves and keep the momentum but it just seems like we hurt ourselves. We purposely defer to the second half and can't score.

Detroit, we have a chance to go up 17-7 and we fumble at midfield and end up giving up a TD.

In Cleveland, we run 20 plays and end up with 0 where a field goal there probably allows us to win the game in overtime.

Yesterday, we came out, got in to FG range, Sanchez made one of the few poor decisions and instead of throwing a pass away, he takes a sack for a loss of 8 and we miss a FG by about 2 feet and again, we would have been up 16 (I think) at that point and those three extra points were huge.

I'd like to see us start a second half one of these days with a TD and put a team away for once!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3829066]I don't know if this needs its own thread but there is so much talk about starting fast around here at the start of games, what we really need to do is use that mantra at the start of the second half. We can make things so much easier for ourselves and keep the momentum but it just seems like we hurt ourselves. We purposely defer to the second half and can't score.

Detroit, we have a chance to go up 17-7 and we fumble at midfield and end up giving up a TD.

In Cleveland, we run 20 plays and end up with 0 where a field goal there probably allows us to win the game in overtime.

Yesterday, we came out, got in to FG range, Sanchez made one of the few poor decisions and instead of throwing a pass away, he takes a sack for a loss of 8 and we miss a FG by about 2 feet and again, we would have been up 16 (I think) at that point and those three extra points were huge.

I'd like to see us start a second half one of these days with a TD and put a team away for once!![/QUOTE]

That would be nice, especially if it only took one TD to ice em.