Thread: Both RB's Look Slow...

Both RB's Look Slow...

LT and Greene are not hitting the holes fast enough. Greene looks about a step and half slower than last year. Watch the tape on some of his sweeps, the hole was there but he could not get there fast enough and only gain about 6-7 yards instead of busting it long.
    I know its nit picking after a win, but it needs to fixed if our team wants to win anything that matters.
    Maybe it's time to use McNight?

All League
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3829125]LT and Greene are not hitting the holes fast enough. Greene looks about a step and half slower than last year. Watch the tape on some of his sweeps, the hole was there but he could not get there fast enough and only gain about 6-7 yards instead of busting it long.
    I know its nit picking after a win, but it needs to fixed if our team wants to win anything that matters.
    Maybe it's time to use McNight?[/QUOTE]

TV even the replays are the worst for evaluating plays. Wish I had axcess to Coaches video, but it seemed Huston was dareing Sanchez to beat them and guess what he did.

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

Teams are stuffing the box. I thought it was too early to go to the wildcat an the 3rd play ofr the offense, when we just had a nice run, why change it up at that point?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;3829156]Teams are stuffing the box. I thought it was too early to go to the wildcat an the 3rd play ofr the offense, when we just had a nice run, [B]why change it up at that point?[/B][/QUOTE]

Because Schottenheimer tries to outsmart himself every chance he gets.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3829163]Because Schottenheimer tries to outsmart himself every chance he gets.[/QUOTE]

he liks to throw our offense out of rhythm, so that the opposing defense will relax and then we can hit them with the big play.

GENIUS!! :yes:

Greene said again today how he is having trouble getting into a rhythm...which is all on schottenheimer. I have no problem with him being our RB on almost all 1st and 2nd downs and LT be the 3rd down back.

That being said he does seem a bit slow and there was a report that he has been playing at a heavier weight this year, but that confuses me. He cant drop 5-8 lbs during the season if its necessary?

When the RB has to find holes after the designed gaps collapse quickly, they're going to slow down as they try to find the smallest gap to snake through.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;3829248]When the RB has to find holes after the designed gaps collapse quickly, they're going to slow down as they try to find the smallest gap to snake through.[/QUOTE]

There were a couple of nice pitch plays that had big gain written all over it and Greene could not hit the corner fast enough. Last year he seemed a step faster.

Hall Of Fame
    Nobody looks slower than Brad Smith with the ball. It appears his first three steps are walking steps, especially in the wild cat. He appears to put a hand on a lineman and just walk.He usually finds a hole though. That guy is slippery.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3829163]Because Schottenheimer tries to outsmart himself every chance he gets.[/QUOTE]

I am a normally a Schotty hater but I do think he called a good game this week and had the plays we needed to win it at the end.

I thought he was going to try the slant to Holmes for the 3rd week in a row. Thank god he had a game plan for the final 2 mins.

I didn't see any hole to hit.