Thread: Deep Thoughts

Deep Thoughts

1- This team is gonna give me a heart attack
    2- Field goals in place of TDs in the redzone is the NUMBER 1 problem with the 2010 NY Jets. (Clean that up, Jets take it to another level)
    3- I don't like the fact that there is 11 days to prepare for the Pats. Belichicks record is really good when he has preparation time, Rex, not so much.
    4- Jason Taylor, where are you?
    5- Trevor Price, where are you?
    6- Vernon Gholston, where are you?
    7- Calvin Pace, where are you?
    8- Sean Ellis, where are you?
    9- Pouha & Devito have been STUDS!
    10- WIDE OPEN TIGHT ENDS? How is that possible with two shut down corners?
    That means that Rex gets to use EVERYONE ELSE to stop the TE, & RB out of the backfield! TE & Foster KILLED US yesterday. I'm scratching my head?
    11- I'm giving Shonn Greene a break, ABSOLUTELY HORRID BLOCKING yesterday in the running game. Backs should NEVER be hit taking the handoff in the backfield, inexcusable.
    12- I'll take it, 8-2 baby. Lets hope Rex can clean up the mistakes.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetster;3829146]1- This team is gonna give me a heart attack
    2- Field goals in place of TDs in the redzone is the NUMBER 1 problem with the 2010 NY Jets. (Clean that up, Jets take it to another level)
    3- I don't like the fact that there is 11 days to prepare for the Pats. Belichicks record is really good when he has preparation time, Rex, not so much.
    That means that Rex gets to use EVERYONE ELSE to stop the TE, & RB out of the backfield! TE & Foster KILLED US yesterday. I'm scratching my head?
    11- I'm giving Shonn Greene a break, ABSOLUTELY HORRID BLOCKING yesterday in the running game. Backs should NEVER be hit taking the handoff in the backfield, inexcusable.
    12- I'll take it, 8-2 baby. Lets hope Rex can clean up the mistakes.[/QUOTE]

1. Agreed
    2. Agreed - frustrating as hell to get great field position and struggle for 3 unless it happens to be the last two minutes of the game.
    3. Good point but I'm going to hope it's just our well-earned paranoia and not a real problem.
    4-8. Condense this to "why do we suck at hitting or even pressuring the QB this year?"
    9. Agreed but damn, I miss Jenkins
    10. The problem got worse yesterday. We left a receiver WIDE open on that TD in the 4th quarter. Cro got crossed and no Safety was around to pick him up. Horrid. And Foster seemed to be open all day as well. We're giving up passes all over the field on critical drives.
    11. Every OL in the league is dinged up, but for some reason, other RBs seem to still be getting it done regularly. Is this just my Jets paranoia or is there something else wrong here?
    12. Signed.

10. Our safeties can't cover.
    11. I'm not giving him a break. That play turned momentum around. If he held onto the football, that would have been a complete victory that people were clamoring for.

One thing I noticed is that we lack defensive speed. The defensive line, the linebackers, and the safeties are all SLOW.

Eckes my man, excellent point--our linebacker and safety speed is non-existent.

JetsInsider.com Legend

1. Agreed, whole HEARTedly.
    2. Offensive Inconsistency is the #1 problem. Five drives we look horrible. Three drives we look like Mannings Colts.
    3. Agree, but it is what it is.
    4. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    5. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    6. Agree, pass.....well, he DID get a pressure at least. Still, obvious bust is obvious.
    7. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    8. DO NOT AGREE. Ellis is not in a pass rushers role now, he's doing a hell of a job along with Pouha and Devito.
    9. Agree.
    10. Disagree, TE's are almost always covered by Safeties or Linebackers, not CB's. And Safties and LB's are often the fail in coverage....especially somewhat slow ones.
    11. Agree....to a point. Protecting a win, you damn well better shove that ball into your own spleen to keep ot safe.
    12. Agree, ugly as hell at time, brilliant at times, stressfull all the time....8-2 is still 8-2, and it's great.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3829290]1. Agreed, whole HEARTedly.
    2. Offensive Inconsistency is the #1 problem. Five drives we look horrible. Three drives we look like Mannings Colts.
    3. Agree, but it is what it is.
    4. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    5. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    6. Agree, pass.....well, he DID get a pressure at least. Still, obvious bust is obvious.
    7. Agree, pass rush is the fail.
    8. DO NOT AGREE. Ellis is not in a pass rushers role now, he's doing a hell of a job along with Pouha and Devito.
    9. Agree.
    [B]10. Disagree, TE's are almost always covered by Safeties or Linebackers, not CB's. And Safties and LB's are often the fail in coverage....especially somewhat slow ones. [/B]
    11. Agree....to a point. Protecting a win, you damn well better shove that ball into your own spleen to keep ot safe.
    12. Agree, ugly as hell at time, brilliant at times, stressfull all the time....8-2 is still 8-2, and it's great.[/QUOTE]

What I was trying to say is that MOST teams do not have 2 cover corners that allow the rest of the secondary & linebackers to BRACKET the TEs.

If Revis & Cro are in man to man, there is no way that a TE should be running free through the secondary.
    Obviously teams are seeing something they can exploit in the Jets secondary & so far Rex, Pettine, & Sutton have had no answer for it.

1. We have no pass rush.
    2. We have no pass rush.
    3. We have no pass rush.
    4. Our offensive coordinator calls bad plays when he has time to think.