Thread: Trent Dilfer showing the Jets some love

Veteran

Trent Dilfer showing the Jets some love

He's a weekly guest with Colin Cowherd. The two of them are jokingly playing up the "conflict" between Dilfer and Golic on Dilfer's commentary regarding Mark Sanchez, and Cowherd asks him who the best team in the league is. Dilfer changes the subject by saying that, in his opinion, the Jets are the "least flawed team" in the league right now.

Not what you'd conclude if you read the stuff we say here. Things could get very interesting for Gang Green going down the stretch.

All League
    he said the same thing on that show audibles last week...I love how when tom brady or peyton manning have 4th qtr comebacks and wins they are called the greatest ever but when mark sanchez does it the jets are "lucky"...i am by no means saying sanchez is in there league yet or one of the greatest ever but freeman is getting crazy raves and respect in tampa because of his late comebacks and i don't think enough is being said about what sanchez has done the last month...its one of the most important things to look at when judging a quarterback and this kid is showing us something very special right now

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3829477]he said the same thing on that show audibles last week...I love how when tom brady or peyton manning have 4th qtr comebacks and wins they are called the greatest ever but when mark sanchez does it the jets are "lucky"...i am by no means saying sanchez is in there league yet or one of the greatest ever but freeman is getting crazy raves and respect in tampa because of his late comebacks and i don't think enough is being said about what sanchez has done the last month...its one of the most important things to look at when judging a quarterback and this kid is showing us something very special right now[/QUOTE]

Between Sanchez and Manning, it was Sanchez who had the tougher come-from-behind effort yesterday (both bad defenses, Jets had way less time), and it was Sanchez who got it done and Manning did not get it done.

All League
    Dilfer loves Sanchez. He's been proclaiming him in that 2nd tier of top 10 QBs for a few weeks now. Says his mechanics and progressions are nearly flawless and only his inconsistent touch on the deep ball being a weakness.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;3829486]Between Sanchez and Manning, it was Sanchez who had the tougher come-from-behind effort yesterday (both bad defenses, Jets had way less time), and it was Sanchez who got it done and Manning did not get it done.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, check out these defensive rankings:

[B][U]Pass Defense[/U][/B]:

Pats --31st
    Texans -- 32nd

The time differential was the main difference like you aluded to with respect to the final drive. Ironic that the Jets & Colts faced the 2 worst passing defenses in the NFL the same weekend and had to stage a comeback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ozu;3829513]Dilfer loves Sanchez. He's been proclaiming him in that 2nd tier of top 10 QBs for a few weeks now. Says his mechanics and progressions are nearly flawless and[B] only his inconsistent touch on the deep ball being a weakness.[/B][/QUOTE]

After watching Chaddy cakes under throw receivers for so long it weird having a QB that overthrows them..:yes:

[QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;3829486]Between Sanchez and Manning, it was Sanchez who had the tougher come-from-behind effort yesterday (both bad defenses, Jets had way less time), and it was Sanchez who got it done and Manning did not get it done.[/QUOTE]

How dare you point that out.
    LMAO!

Sure we all know when the Cheaters and Ravens and Steelers and other NFL Darlings come from behind it is all due to their amazing coaching and players stepping up.

Jets just get lucky.
    and that asswipe , Mark Maloosa, he is one piece of sh*t too.
    Last night all he wanted to talk about was how we do not have an elite DEFENSE. And whenever a caller brought up the Patriots and their inability to beat the Browns. He didnt want to hear it....i have no respect for homeboy when he comes on the radio and all he wants to comment about is the Defense. **** him too. I thought i was listening to Francesa Jr. last night.

On the subject of luck, and as Jets fans who really cares but this is football discussion, at halftime of the game last night, Costas once again rambled on about how the Jets were lucky to win, blah blah blah....luck did not fire a 42 yard missle down the right sideline or throw a perfect touch fade pass from 6 yards out with 10 minutes left....goodness

Rookie
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3829903]On the subject of luck, and as Jets fans who really cares but this is football discussion, at halftime of the game last night, Costas once again rambled on about how the Jets were lucky to win, blah blah blah....luck did not fire a 42 yard missle down the right sideline or throw a perfect touch fade pass from 6 yards out with 10 minutes left....goodness[/QUOTE]

Its funny how a team like Atlanta doesn't get labeled as lucky when they have wins against SF (Roddy White stripping a defender after a game-ending int) and at NO (Hartley missed fg, then Payton calls timeout to give the Atl kicker a 2nd chance) and against Balt (blatant missed offensive PI)

Every team gets lucky breaks - the ones that take advantage of them get called lucky, while the ones that don't get called losers. Who would you rather be?

[QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3829773]How dare you point that out.
    LMAO!

Sure we all know when the Cheaters and Ravens and Steelers and other NFL Darlings come from behind it is all due to their amazing coaching and players stepping up.

Jets just get lucky.
    and that asswipe , Mark Maloosa, he is one piece of sh*t too.
    Last night all he wanted to talk about was how we do not have an elite DEFENSE. And whenever a caller brought up the Patriots and their inability to beat the Browns. He didnt want to hear it....i have no respect for homeboy when he comes on the radio and all he wants to comment about is the Defense. **** him too. I thought i was listening to Francesa Jr. last night.[/QUOTE]

Mark Malusis basically just listens to Francesa during the day and then just repeats the same points later on his over- night show. He doesn't have the balls to go out on a limb on his own with his own opinion. He's a real lightweight who knows he can always go scurry and hide under big fat Francesa's rolls of fat if the going gets tough...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3829477]he said the same thing on that show audibles last week...I love how when tom brady or peyton manning have 4th qtr comebacks and wins they are called the greatest ever but when mark sanchez does it the jets are "lucky"...i am by no means saying sanchez is in there league yet or one of the greatest ever but freeman is getting crazy raves and respect in tampa because of his late comebacks and i don't think enough is being said about what sanchez has done the last month...its one of the most important things to look at when judging a quarterback and this kid is showing us something very special right now[/QUOTE]

Very good post, especially about this different judgement about Manning and Brady. Sanchez has proved incredible guts and heart in recent weeks and he is doing it while making outstanding plays. He isnt just heaving it up and hoping for a lucky catch (like Eli in the Super Bowl). He buys time, he fits balls into tight windows (like yesterday on that long pass to Braylon before the TD) and he stays calm the entire time. This is what you call clutch, he steps up when the game is on the line. I dont wanna get ahead of myself but seeing this stuff from a young player like him is just special. The truly great ones have a certain it factor about them in crunch time, no matter what sport, and from what we can tell Sanchez definitely seems to have that... also going by the playoffs last year where he was terrific...

the thing that drives a lot of analysts to take this approach with sanchez vs. other young qbs who do similar things is that many still refuse to acknowledge that sanchez is as talented as these other highly drafted qbs. many believed that sanchez was just another hyped usc qb who looked great with all that surrounding talent but was destined to fail in the nfl.

i have to say that besides watching sanchez lead the jets to wins each week, arguably the most fun part of this season is watching guys like teddy bruschi backpeddle on their earlier criticisms of sanchez, whether it was criticizing his arm strength, accuracy, leadership ability or overall mental makeup. each week there seems to be analysts who are looking hard to rationalize/justify sanchez's performace to anything other than talent and hard work. yet, this is the same qb who beat the patriots 2 of 3 times so far, has 15 tds and 7 ints (and 2 more rushing tds) and won 2 playoff games on the road.

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3829929]Very good post, especially about this different judgement about Manning and Brady. Sanchez has proved incredible guts and heart in recent weeks and he is doing it while making outstanding plays. He isnt just heaving it up and hoping for a lucky catch (like Eli in the Super Bowl). He buys time, he fits balls into tight windows (like yesterday on that long pass to Braylon before the TD) and he stays calm the entire time. This is what you call clutch, he steps up when the game is on the line. I dont wanna get ahead of myself but seeing this stuff from a young player like him is just special. The truly great ones have a certain it factor about them in crunch time, no matter what sport, and from what we can tell Sanchez definitely seems to have that... also going by the playoffs last year where he was terrific...[/QUOTE]

+1 Mark Miracle is a marvel. Gave me a few cardiac issues and almost an embolism but ultimately I have peace of mind (I know its contradictory) but he and thw support crew Tone, Bray. Lt etc had to save the day after being let down badly by the D, OL etc

[QUOTE=beemer;3829457]He's a weekly guest with Colin Cowherd. The two of them are jokingly playing up the "conflict" between Dilfer and Golic on Dilfer's commentary regarding Mark Sanchez, and Cowherd asks him who the best team in the league is. Dilfer changes the subject by saying that, in his opinion, the Jets are the "least flawed team" in the league right now.

Not what you'd conclude if you read the stuff we say here. Things could get very interesting for Gang Green going down the stretch.[/QUOTE]

What did the "genius" Mike Golic say

Yesterday Bill Cowher said Sanchez is now a "force" in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3829761]After watching Chaddy cakes under throw receivers for so long it weird having a QB that overthrows them..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is so true! I was sorry to see Sir. Chadwick get hurt for the umpteenth time but maybe now he will retire! I am also hoping that the DRAMA QUEEN aka Favre retires too! I am sick of both of them.

All League
    [QUOTE=Hofstra;3830025]Yesterday Bill Cowher said Sanchez is now a "force" in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Legit stuff right there.