Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Childress Fired

All League

Brad Childress Fired

[quote=Jay Glazer] Breaking news: brad childress has been fired as head coach of the minnesota vikins![/quote]Not unexpected. I wonder if Favre even finishes out the season.

Another NFL Coach Fired

On Adam Schefter's blog, Vikings coach Childress was just fired.

Gotta be unprecedented that a coach who one season ago took their team to within minutes of the Super Bowl gets fired the next season. The Favre virus strikes again.

I'm just so glad that leech is no longer a Jet.

Woah, woah, woah.... woah. Chilly's job was in jeopardy???

[QUOTE=ozu;3829539]I wonder if Favre even finishes out the season.[/QUOTE]

Just like his time here, the answer to that is:

He shouldn't. But he probably will.

And another Head Coaches career ruined by Brett Favre.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3829561]And another Head Coaches career ruined by Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's the 2nd head coaches career ruined by Green Bay... This year... ;)

[QUOTE=ozu;3829539]Not unexpected. I wonder if Favre even finishes out the season.[/QUOTE]

Vikes are done. Give the old man what he's wanted all along, a 300 game started streak. Its obvious thats why he came back.

He's got 5 more games to go. TJ starts week 17.

Jets Insider VIP
    the new interim HC's first action should be to bench the coach killing, penis exposing, old pick machine and bring his stupid streak to a close forever

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3829628]the new interim HC's first action should be to bench the coach killing, penis exposing, old pick machine and bring his stupid streak to a close forever[/QUOTE]

The new interim HC won't have the balls to do that. Minny's only selling point will be the "Favre Farewell Tour...(this time he's serious)"

Hall Of Fame
    Thank you, Brett Favre.

You did what two GMs, three HC, and countless offensive coordinators couldn't do.

You got rid of Chad Pennington.

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyKdUcFsTOjwnZNtNjhccgECBrZMx7z0zOSfZS-qyPgIBumUc-[/IMG]

Thank you.

Banned
    [QUOTE=freestater;3829643]Thank you, Brett Favre.

You did what two GMs, three HC, and countless offensive coordinators couldn't do.

You got rid of Chad Pennington.

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyKdUcFsTOjwnZNtNjhccgECBrZMx7z0zOSfZS-qyPgIBumUc-[/IMG]

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Childress sucks and deserved to get fired just for letting Favre do his typical offseason wafflling and then the trade for Moss. He should've stuck his principles and told Favre in April that he needed a firm commitment on whether he'd be returning and if so that he needed to be at every offseason activity and practice.

Favre the coach killer strikes again!

Hall Of Fame
    Queue the calls for him to replace Schotty :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Cole;3829749]Queue the calls for him to replace Schotty :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Even better - How about Schotty replaces him.

[QUOTE=TheFranchise;3829640]The new interim HC won't have the balls to do that. Minny's only selling point will be the "Favre Farewell Tour...(this time he's serious)"[/QUOTE]

If I was in Frazier's place, I'd bench Favre and go with Jackson.

If I win, I'm a hero. If I lose, I've demonstrated to the rest of the league that I know how to run a team.

Gotta do it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3829762]If I was in Frazier's place, I'd bench Favre and go with Jackson.

If I win, I'm a hero. If I lose, I've demonstrated to the rest of the league that I know how to run a team.

Gotta do it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that should be the first order of business in trying to turn the team around and see what else you have on the team. Then maybe, just maybe the fans will buy in and vote yes on that new stadium.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3829762]If I was in Frazier's place, I'd bench Favre and go with Jackson.

Gotta do it.[/QUOTE]

Let Favre take the first snap from center then yank him. that way everyone is happy.

[QUOTE=fidelioion;3829756]Even better - How about Schotty replaces him.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!
    We have a winner here!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3829795]Let Favre take the first snap from center then yank him. that way everyone is happy.[/QUOTE]

That'd be classic!