Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point Blank Proof Sanchez Has Matured...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Point Blank Proof Sanchez Has Matured...

If you aren't convinced yet I urge you to look at the end of the 4th quarter yesterday.

Sanchez throws and incredibly untimely pick which for most teams would have sealed the deal....

Sanchez them comes back with no timeouts and minimal time and marches his team down the field, showing confidence, awareness and poise.

This guy is maturing before our very eyes and if you still aren't on board I don't know what you are watching.

His pocket presence and mobility in the pocket is top tier and his on the field awareness and situational awareness has been stellar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i find it humorous nobody wants to talk about something positive on this board...look at the threads getting hits and they're all negative LOL...

The only thing as predictable as some of Schotty's play calls is the above...

Ok I'm done I'll get off my soap box...

:yes::rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude we have all been talking about sanchize, your thread is stating the obvious, that is probably why no one has responded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3829674]If you aren't convinced yet I urge you to look at the end of the 4th quarter yesterday.

Sanchez throws and incredibly untimely pick which for most teams would have sealed the deal....

Sanchez them comes back with no timeouts and minimal time and marches his team down the field, showing confidence, awareness and poise.

This guy is maturing before our very eyes and if you still aren't on board I don't know what you are watching.

His pocket presence and mobility in the pocket is top tier and his on the field awareness and situational awareness has been stellar.[/QUOTE]

I for one have been very hard on Sanchez and wasn't sold on him through the first 7 weeks...

But I am now, I don't how you can't be.

This kid is composed under pressure and his improving week in and week out. the great thing is he still has a lot of upside. Great time to be a Jet fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point, really

when the Jets get to 14-2 and then win the next three games to hoist the Lombardi

SOJF will still be blubbering and screaming about something negative

on that there is no question

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read that title too quick and thought it said Sanchez has mustard.

On video? :dunno:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to argue with what you said. I would also add his arm strength is underrated. Not many QBs could put the ball on the money down the deep sideline like the throw to Braylon on the gw drive. That ball was on a rope.

One of the things I like best about Sanchez is how seriously he takes the game and his dedication to improving. Notice there was no celebrating by him after the Braylon throw. He knew the game wasn't over won yet and he was all business. The INT's were his biggest problem last year and he's on pace to half those. This year it's completion % that's the issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if he works hard on that in the offseason then comes back next year (Or whenever we have football again) and throws for well over 60%.

He's The Man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cole;3829812]Hard to argue with what you said. I would also add his arm strength is underrated. Not many QBs could put the ball on the money down the deep sideline like the throw to Braylon on the gw drive. That ball was on a rope.

One of the things I like best about Sanchez is how seriously he takes the game and his dedication to improving. Notice there was no celebrating by him after the Braylon throw. He knew the game wasn't over won yet and he was all business. The INT's were his biggest problem last year and he's on pace to half those. [B]This year it's completion % that's the issue, [/B]and I wouldn't be surprised if he works hard on that in the offseason then comes back next year (Or whenever we have football again) and throws for well over 60%.

He's The Man.[/QUOTE]

You must have loved Chaddy cakes..:yes: Screw stats except for one.. Wins..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw stats for sure but I like these:

Last year: 12 TDs/20 INTs

This season so far: 15 TDs/7 INTs

You cut down on mistakes, chances are good you're gonna win games. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3829802]good point, really

when the Jets get to 14-2 and then win the next three games to hoist the Lombardi

on that there is no question[/QUOTE]

And if the Jets lose a winnable playoff game on the way because of dumb penalties or the like the pom poms girls will be say how much better it is than being a Panthers fan..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3829824]You must have loved Chaddy cakes..:yes: Screw stats except for one.. Wins..[/QUOTE]

I'll admit I did up until about 2006 or so :O Honestly, I don't care what Sanchez' completion percentage is as long as the team is winning, but that seems to be the main gripe about him this year. He's already making strides though and a jump in the numbers is not unlikely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3829802]good point, really

on that there is no question[/QUOTE]

It's truely unreal how negative Jets fans are...in the past yeah I get it...but I mean come on it's really ridiculous...people forget really quickly how things were not too long ago (or maybe they don't because they weren't jets fans yet ;) )

I also agree fully that if the Jets win it all there will WITHOUT A DOUBT be complaints somehow...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cole;3829812]Hard to argue with what you said. I would also add his arm strength is underrated. Not many QBs could put the ball on the money down the deep sideline like the throw to Braylon on the gw drive. That ball was on a rope.

One of the things I like best about Sanchez is how seriously he takes the game and his dedication to improving. Notice there was no celebrating by him after the Braylon throw. He knew the game wasn't over won yet and he was all business. The INT's were his biggest problem last year and he's on pace to half those. This year it's completion % that's the issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if he works hard on that in the offseason then comes back next year (Or whenever we have football again) and throws for well over 60%.

He's The Man.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this, but I wish his accuracy (at times) was better. He over threw Santonio and Edwards when they were both wide open....he must hit his target. I think he is so concerned about not throwing interceptions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

He's The Man.[/QUOTE]

That pass was great, reminded me of the way Vinny could throw it (although not always accurate) Much better in person than on TV!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he hasn't matured.

I hope he's still maturing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CHIROJET-WPB;3829882]I agree with all of this, but I wish his accuracy (at times) was better. He over threw Santonio and Edwards when they were both wide open....he must hit his target. I think he is so concerned about not throwing interceptions.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you must mean those times when the o-line collapsed and he couldn't time the throw properly without getting paved into the turf

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3829790]i find it humorous nobody wants to talk about something positive on this board...look at the threads getting hits and they're all negative LOL...

[b][i]The only thing as predictable[/i] as some of Schotty's play calls is the above...[/b][/QUOTE]

Now THAT is negativity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez

16 college starts ONLY -- took his team to a Rose Bowl victory

season one NFL -- 16 regular season starts -- 9-7 wildcard -- 2-1 postseason including a trip to the Conference championship game

season two NFL (incomplete(

8-2 regular season

total NFL 17-9 regular season 2-1 postseason 19-10 total

WIN number 20 -- this THURSDAY

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3829674]
    Sanchez throws an incredibly untimely pick which for most teams would have sealed the deal....
    [/QUOTE]

And OBTW if you were at the game you might not know what the TV replay showed: his arm was hit by a defender as he was releasing the ball.

That's why that thing looked like a dying quail tossed to absolutely nowhere in particular.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is a bust. He will never be a legitimate NFL QB. These are all just flukes, and when he eventually has a bad game, I'll be back to say I told you so. Just ignore my absence in the meantime.

/dbake