Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New J-E-T-S Chant / Graphic

New J-E-T-S Chant / Graphic

During the game they had a new J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS graphic of a traffic light counting down to start the chant.

I thought it was a good way to phase fireman ed out but they only did it once.

Hopefully they continue doing it so we don't have to rely on him to get a lot of the fans up cheering. Seems like he only does it after TD's and when the camera is in his face.

Veteran
    Yes he's gotta go

The graphic though was a major fail

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3829753]Yes he's gotta go

The graphic though was a major fail[/QUOTE]

Yea nobody was into it.

Why does Fireman Ed have to go?

All League
    Fireman Ed is the man..so shut your trap

What is the difference between relying on Ed or a billboard? Personally, it's more impressive coming from a fan.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3829771]Fireman Ed is the man..so shut your trap[/QUOTE]

Now they want to trade Fireman Ed....?

LOL.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3829765]Why does Fireman Ed have to go?[/QUOTE]
    agree when he does the stooges head slap and the nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk he gets the place rockiing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

They showed during the TV broadcast yesterday Fireman Ed was still there for the final drive cheering on the team while the seats were probably 60% empty. Just sayin'

Sanchez apparently likes him. He seeked him out after a TD yesterday.

I love it... Fireman Ed, who can get a crowd of 70,000 screaming and chanting J-E-T-S has to go, but some stupid graphic that "was a major fail" is cool and should replace him. Only our fan base...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3829780]They showed during the TV broadcast yesterday Fireman Ed was still there for the final drive cheering on the team while the seats were probably 60% empty. Just sayin'[/QUOTE]

It's in his contract.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3829786]I love it... Fireman Ed, who can get a crowd of 70,000 screaming and chanting J-E-T-S has to go, but some stupid graphic that "was a major fail" is cool and should replace him. Only our fan base...[/QUOTE]

When did I ever say it should replace him. They can both go.

[QUOTE=Toooon;3829786]I love it... Fireman Ed, who can get a crowd of 70,000 screaming and chanting J-E-T-S has to go, but some stupid graphic that "was a major fail" is cool and should replace him. Only our fan base...[/QUOTE]

I guess the only way to get 70,000 fans to cheer is a guy on somebody elses shoulders starting a chant. I wonder what the other 31 teams do without Ed.

Only JI posters....

The point of the op was to say that i'm glad they are trying alternative methods of trying to get the fans cheering, rather than relying solely on Fireman Ed.

Who cares how it gets going, Ed has the role now, someone will replace him and that guy/girl will be ridiculed.

Best chant in Pro sports....

[QUOTE=MKM;3829872]I guess the only way to get 70,000 fans to cheer is a guy on somebody elses shoulders starting a chant. I wonder what the other 31 teams do without Ed.

Only JI posters....

The point of the op was to say that i'm glad they are trying alternative methods of trying to get the fans cheering, rather than relying solely on Fireman Ed.[/QUOTE]

But you want Ed phased out...that would leave just the billboard to get the Jets chant going. So, not an just an alternate method, but a replacement. Essentially, you want to replace an actual fan chant, with a lifeless billboard.

Veteran
    Please close thread before it turns into a Ed bashing like it always does.

Hall Of Fame

New J-E-T-S Chant

After the last 3 weeks, I thought the new Jets chant was:

J-E-T-S

Whew !!
    Whew !!
    Whew !!

When Ed is done, they need to replace him with a pilot.

That's my only gripe.

[QUOTE=MKM;3829872]I guess the only way to get 70,000 fans to cheer is a guy on somebody elses shoulders starting a chant. I wonder what the other 31 teams do without Ed.

Only JI posters....

The point of the op was to say that i'm glad they are trying alternative methods of trying to get the fans cheering, rather than relying solely on Fireman Ed.[/QUOTE]

Who said it was the only way? He just happens to be the guy who does it. Why knock him?