Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad did Hunter play!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How bad did Hunter play!

I was at the game and consistently looked at the right side of the line. I thought this guys was going to be better than this when he came in for Woody. He was awful. Penetration on every run or pass. Am really hoping Woody is back for thxgiving. Ducassee can't be as bad as Woody, could he?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was pretty bad... Not much else to say.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams can make starters look bad...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did you expect from a 2nd teamer playing against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody isnt going to play...

Hunter needs to step it up, get a couple days of practice and improve off what he did this past week. We need servicable backups, he knows the offense and now has 2 quarters of game experience to use to help him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Woody haters on the board saw his true value yesterday. Our run game
    struggled and HOU put their pass rushers over Hunter all game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was getting pressured all day. I havent rewatched the game yet but I'm not going to say it was just from the right side because he seemed to be getting heat from all directions. For the first time in a long time (probably '07) the play of our offensive line was a serious issue yesterday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Woody's status?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was bad but we should cut him some slack. I think it is especially for OLinemen to come into a heated game and then on top of everything face one of the elite pass rushers in the game. It wasnt making it easier that the Jets barely slid protection to his side which is just inexcusable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;3829917]Sanchez was getting pressured all day. I havent rewatched the game yet but I'm not going to say it was just from the right side because he seemed to be getting heat from all directions. For the first time in a long time (probably '07) the play of our offensive line was a serious issue yesterday.[/QUOTE]

absolutely correct. BRICK had some issues with Super Mario and Slauson is not the same on that gimpy knee. Nick also is having some problems with his shoulder and Turner actually came in for MOORE a few times.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad.

And he carried his frustration into special teams, which turned bad into even badder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3829941]Bad.

And he carried his frustration into special teams, which turned bad into even badder.[/QUOTE]

That was just plain dumb, what a d*ck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams absolutely KILLED US! All day Houston kept moving him around, and every time they put him on Turner it was just a flat-out mismatch (And understandably so). By the end of the game it was like his head was spinning to the point that he couldn't block anybody anymore. No one we put on Williams could block him though. Even Brick had problems. He's an absolute beast.

Fortunately we won't see a pass rusher like that the rest of the year. Only Woodley/Harrison (And maybe Cameron Wake) even come close, but I don't think any of them present quite the same matchup problems Mario Williams does. The guy is just in a league of his own and we saw yesterday why Houston took him #1 overall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cole;3829946]Fortunately we won't see a pass rusher like that the rest of the year. [B]Only Woodley/Harrison (And maybe Cameron Wake) even come close[/B], but I don't think any of them present quite the same matchup problems Mario Williams does. T[B]he guy is just in a league of his own and we saw yesterday why Houston took him #1 overall.[/B][/QUOTE]

The Steelers defensive line will eat our lunch.

Always thought it was a brilliant move by Casserly. :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They stuck Mario Williams on him all day as the Texans tried to exploit the match up.. I wouldn't worry about it...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;3829917]Sanchez was getting pressured all day. [B]I havent rewatched the game yet but I'm not going to say it was just from the right side because he seemed to be getting heat from all directions.[/B] For the first time in a long time (probably '07) the play of our offensive line was a serious issue yesterday.[/QUOTE]

not early on it wasn't coming from the right side.......the first several series and even into the beginning of the third quarter Hunter did a good job in pass protection against Williams....later on in the game it was a different story, so i am told...his run blocking was not very good...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams wasn't the Texan who beat Hunter on that play where Sanchez's arm got hit and he subsequently threw that interception.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3829986]Mario Williams wasn't the Texan who beat Hunter on that play where Sanchez's arm got hit and he subsequently threw that interception.[/QUOTE]

Mark Anderson was the guy. Personally a fan of him.

Remember years ago where he was the only guy to beat Brick in the senior bowl. Had some good years with Chicago and was released this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;3829907]What did you expect from a 2nd teamer playing against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL?[/QUOTE]

I would have liked him to at least be a speed bump on the way to the qb....

worth letting vlad suit up this week?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;3829997]I would have liked him to at least be a speed bump on the way to the qb....

worth letting vlad suit up this week?[/QUOTE]

Vlad....I don't get it...he doesn't look Russian...