Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obsession with Schotty & play calling but hardly holding players accountability

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Obsession with Schotty & play calling but hardly holding players accountability

Mods remove this if you like but i'm making a point here. I think people here are OBSESSED with Schotty more so than they are with the Jets. I mean an 8-2 team's fan forum you would think would be glowing with positivity and obviously certain concerns with the holes in our team. I look around at forums from other teams and let me tell you, NOBODY LIKES THEIR OC. Pats fans, Chargers, Steelers fans, Ravens fan even. I went to a Colts forum and seen them complain about play calling there. This obsession with you kids I believe is due to this "Madden Era" which thinks every play call's success evolved around the play call itself or what the play caller called. Schotty has developed Sanchez into one of the brightest stud QB's in the game. I mean Giant fans at the bar last night were saying they wish they had a Sanchez on their team and that Eli is their downfall. Yet here the trolls don't see any Sanchez development and think Schotty is holding him back. Could anything be further from the truth? I can't believe people aren't happy with the way the team continues to bounce back and win games that this team never seems to every win in years past.

Some of you kids are obsessed with this "Schitty" and I tried to make light of it before but this forum is flooded with this on the daily. When will this end? People still cry about the Ravens game on here which is unbelievable. That was NINE weeks ago. Thats some spoiled only child ish.We didn't have Santonio and Sanchez is a completely different guy now. Since that game we're 8-1 and lets not focus on that one single loss for a sec as hard as that may be for some of you. Focusing on the wins only, these are the points we scored in those wins 28, 31, 28, 29, 24, 23, 26, 30 .... only 1 of those games did we score a defensive TD which is the 28 game. Offense has NEVER failed to put up 20 or more in our wins if u exclude the INT return averages26 and a half points a game. Would you have taken that prior to the season? Folk has missed a bunch of kicks left and right and makable one's at that so it could've been higher. I think of all the drops, penalties which negated big plays, non PI calls, holding calls, INT's that shouldn't have been INT's, fumbles and etc and still throughout these games everything that goes wrong is Schotty's fault and never the players, but everything that goes right is a player making a play despite Schotty's horrible call. I have to be honest. I'm not the biggest Schotty fan like I've portrayed. I question things as well just like many of you but I've defended him on this forum cause he get unfair blame when the players fail to execute. He is a good OC and even better the job he's done with Sanchez should earn him anyone's respect. I know the trend on here is to hate on him cause its "cool" but your obsession is getting out of hand. We could score 5 TD's a game from here on out and some of you would still complain. This is an issue. Try focusing on execution and how a play develops and maybe your life will be at peace a bit more. Our offense has averaged 26 and a half points a game in all of our wins and in some cases its barely good enough to win. Maybe our defensive playcaller should be the obsession here and not the offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schotty sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the first half sunday I saw FOUR plays where Tony Richardson lined up at the #1 wide receiver spot. Schotty stinks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3830155]Mods remove this if you like but i'm making a point here. I think people here are OBSESSED with Schotty more so than they are with the Jets. I mean an 8-2 team's fan forum you would think would be glowing with positivity and obviously certain concerns with the holes in our team. I look around at forums from other teams and let me tell you, NOBODY LIKES THEIR OC. Pats fans, Chargers, Steelers fans, Ravens fan even. I went to a Colts forum and seen them complain about play calling there. This obsession with you kids I believe is due to this "Madden Era" which thinks every play call's success evolved around the play call itself or what the play caller called. Schotty has developed Sanchez into one of the brightest stud QB's in the game. I mean Giant fans at the bar last night were saying they wish they had a Sanchez on their team and that Eli is their downfall. Yet here the trolls don't see any Sanchez development and think Schotty is holding him back. Could anything be further from the truth? I can't believe people aren't happy with the way the team continues to bounce back and win games that this team never seems to every win in years past.

Some of you kids are obsessed with this "Schitty" and I tried to make light of it before but this forum is flooded with this on the daily. When will this end? People still cry about the Ravens game on here which is unbelievable. That was NINE weeks ago. Thats some spoiled only child ish.We didn't have Santonio and Sanchez is a completely different guy now. Since that game we're 8-1 and lets not focus on that one single loss for a sec as hard as that may be for some of you. Focusing on the wins only, these are the points we scored in those wins 28, 31, 28, 29, 24, 23, 26, 30 .... only 1 of those games did we score a defensive TD which is the 28 game. Offense has NEVER failed to put up 20 or more in our wins if u exclude the INT return averages26 and a half points a game. Would you have taken that prior to the season? Folk has missed a bunch of kicks left and right and makable one's at that so it could've been higher. I think of all the drops, penalties which negated big plays, non PI calls, holding calls, INT's that shouldn't have been INT's, fumbles and etc and still throughout these games everything that goes wrong is Schotty's fault and never the players, but everything that goes right is a player making a play despite Schotty's horrible call. I have to be honest. I'm not the biggest Schotty fan like I've portrayed. I question things as well just like many of you but I've defended him on this forum cause [B]he get unfair blame when the players fail to execute[/B]. He is a good OC and even better the job he's done with Sanchez should earn him anyone's respect. I know the trend on here is to hate on him cause its "cool" but your obsession is getting out of hand. We could score 5 TD's a game from here on out and some of you would still complain. This is an issue. Try focusing on execution and how a play develops and maybe your life will be at peace a bit more. Our offense has averaged 26 and a half points a game in all of our wins and in some cases its barely good enough to win. Maybe our defensive playcaller should be the obsession here and not the offense.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He is a pretty good OC and guys get open. How is it his fault when Sanchez misses wide open guys downfield? If the players don't execute the play that's called, that isn't his fault. This is what he's had to work with:

2006: Limited, weak armed QB
    2007: Horrible OL that got the QBs killed
    2008: A redneck who didn't want to learn the playbook
    2009: Rookie QB
    2010: Second year QB

This is the first year he has really had something to work with.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;3830164]In the first half sunday I saw FOUR plays where Tony Richardson lined up at the #1 wide receiver spot. Schotty stinks.[/QUOTE]

Did you stop counting or had you had a few by the 2nd half?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;3830164]In the first half sunday I saw FOUR plays where Tony Richardson lined up at the #1 wide receiver spot. Schotty stinks.[/QUOTE]

certain teams like the texans have a specific LB they want to take out the FB. We were picking out which one it was in order to run a play where a O lineman chipped that line backer off or run it away from him. Honestly when we execute that play it usually gets big gains. Lately our O Line has been banged up and frankly yesterday we got zero push upfront but then again I guess Schotty is the cause of this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the deep ball is a weapon I'm good to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and a good day to you, Mrs. Schottenheimer.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3830190]certain teams like the texans have a specific LB they want to take out the FB. We were picking out which one it was in order to run a play where a O lineman chipped that line backer off or run it away from him. Honestly when we execute that play it usually gets big gains. Lately our O Line has been banged up and frankly yesterday we got zero push upfront but then again I guess Schotty is the cause of this.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of people who complain about the pre-snap motion. They are generally the type who say things like we "put T-Rich at the #1 receiver spot" which is a nonsense statement. If you look at Holmes 1st TD the pre-snap motion had his man falling all over himself. Without that, I don't believe Holmes would have scored. Schotty is not perfect but he is doing a lot of good things with the offense and Sanchez and he deserves plenty of credit for our 8-2 start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3830155]Mods remove this if you like but i'm making a point here. I think people here are OBSESSED with Schotty more so than they are with the Jets. I mean an 8-2 team's fan forum you would think would be glowing with positivity and obviously certain concerns with the holes in our team. I look around at forums from other teams and let me tell you, NOBODY LIKES THEIR OC. Pats fans, Chargers, Steelers fans, Ravens fan even. I went to a Colts forum and seen them complain about play calling there. This obsession with you kids I believe is due to this "Madden Era" which thinks every play call's success evolved around the play call itself or what the play caller called. Schotty has developed Sanchez into one of the brightest stud QB's in the game. I mean Giant fans at the bar last night were saying they wish they had a Sanchez on their team and that Eli is their downfall. Yet here the trolls don't see any Sanchez development and think Schotty is holding him back. Could anything be further from the truth? I can't believe people aren't happy with the way the team continues to bounce back and win games that this team never seems to every win in years past.

Some of you kids are obsessed with this "Schitty" and I tried to make light of it before but this forum is flooded with this on the daily. When will this end? People still cry about the Ravens game on here which is unbelievable. That was NINE weeks ago. Thats some spoiled only child ish.We didn't have Santonio and Sanchez is a completely different guy now. Since that game we're 8-1 and lets not focus on that one single loss for a sec as hard as that may be for some of you. Focusing on the wins only, these are the points we scored in those wins 28, 31, 28, 29, 24, 23, 26, 30 .... only 1 of those games did we score a defensive TD which is the 28 game. Offense has NEVER failed to put up 20 or more in our wins if u exclude the INT return averages26 and a half points a game. Would you have taken that prior to the season? Folk has missed a bunch of kicks left and right and makable one's at that so it could've been higher. I think of all the drops, penalties which negated big plays, non PI calls, holding calls, INT's that shouldn't have been INT's, fumbles and etc and still throughout these games everything that goes wrong is Schotty's fault and never the players, but everything that goes right is a player making a play despite Schotty's horrible call. I have to be honest. I'm not the biggest Schotty fan like I've portrayed. I question things as well just like many of you but I've defended him on this forum cause he get unfair blame when the players fail to execute. He is a good OC and even better the job he's done with Sanchez should earn him anyone's respect. I know the trend on here is to hate on him cause its "cool" but your obsession is getting out of hand. We could score 5 TD's a game from here on out and some of you would still complain. This is an issue. Try focusing on execution and how a play develops and maybe your life will be at peace a bit more. Our offense has averaged 26 and a half points a game in all of our wins and in some cases its barely good enough to win. Maybe our defensive playcaller should be the obsession here and not the offense.[/QUOTE]

Nice long-winded post but sorry, Shottenheimer sucks.

By the way kid, where were you when Namath led the Jets to the 16-7 Super Bowl win?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you kids are obsessed with this "Schitty" and I tried to make light of it before but this forum is flooded with this on the daily. When will this end? People still cry about the Ravens game on here which is unbelievable. That was NINE weeks ago. Thats some spoiled only child ish.We didn't have Santonio and Sanchez is a completely different guy now. Since that game we're 8-1 and lets not focus on that one single loss for a sec as hard as that may be for some of you. Focusing on the wins only, these are the points we scored in those wins 28, 31, 28, 29, 24, 23, 26, 30 .... only 1 of those games did we score a defensive TD which is the 28 game. Offense has NEVER failed to put up 20 or more in our wins if u exclude the INT return averages26 and a half points a game. Would you have taken that prior to the season? Folk has missed a bunch of kicks left and right and makable one's at that so it could've been higher. I think of all the drops, penalties which negated big plays, non PI calls, holding calls, INT's that shouldn't have been INT's, fumbles and etc and still throughout these games everything that goes wrong is Schotty's fault and never the players, but everything that goes right is a player making a play despite Schotty's horrible call. I have to be honest. I'm not the biggest Schotty fan like I've portrayed. I question things as well just like many of you but I've defended him on this forum cause he get unfair blame when the players fail to execute. He is a good OC and even better the job he's done with Sanchez should earn him anyone's respect. I know the trend on here is to hate on him cause its "cool" but your obsession is getting out of hand. We could score 5 TD's a game from here on out and some of you would still complain. This is an issue. Try focusing on execution and how a play develops and maybe your life will be at peace a bit more. Our offense has averaged 26 and a half points a game in all of our wins and in some cases its barely good enough to win. Maybe our defensive playcaller should be the obsession here and not the offense.[/QUOTE]

Wheres the full Roster breakdown, DWC? Thats all that is missing from this manifesto of fail.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3830155]
    [B]The Obsession with Schotty & play calling but hardly holding players accountability[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Most fans like Schotty, just a few posters here are obsessed. Schottenheimer has done an outstanding job with the development of Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm obsessed with your long-winded threads. I don't know how to get this point across. Mark Sanchez was an elite prospect coming out of the draft. He works VERY hard at his craft and plays brilliantly in spite of Schitty, not because of him. I hope we get to see Mark reach his full potential with a competent play-caller.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3830337]I'm obsessed with your long-winded threads. I don't know how to get this point across. Mark Sanchez was an elite prospect coming out of the draft. He works VERY hard at his craft and plays brilliantly in spite of Schitty, not because of him. I hope we get to see Mark reach his full potential with a competent play-caller.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight you blame Schotty when things don't work out and give him no credit when things do work out, like the development of Sanchez.

I love fans sometimes!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3830155]Words[/QUOTE]

Are you now, or have you ever, been known by the name "Defense Wins Championships"???

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkk6mBd4EWeTuesIJCx2fd0oViiOUIoAyHIgZ_9RB_BypqSnNwhA[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The obsession with starting threads & not breaking up posts but hardly practicing self control?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3830348]Are you now, or have you ever, been known by the name "Defense Wins Championships"???

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkk6mBd4EWeTuesIJCx2fd0oViiOUIoAyHIgZ_9RB_BypqSnNwhA[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/10/gal_scandal_cololiver.jpg[/IMG]
    "I have no recollection"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3830348]Are you now, or have you ever, been known by the name "Defense Wins Championships"???

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkk6mBd4EWeTuesIJCx2fd0oViiOUIoAyHIgZ_9RB_BypqSnNwhA[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lol, excellent :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3830356][IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/10/gal_scandal_cololiver.jpg[/IMG]
    "I have no recollection"[/QUOTE]

Unacceptable, sir.

We demand you tell us the TRUTH!

You ARE Defense Wins Championships, are you not!

[IMG]http://jaymckinnon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/a-few-good-men-court-1.jpg[/IMG]