Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Defense: The Bottom Line

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Defense: The Bottom Line

I really don't want to whine too much since the Jets are in the midst of their best season since I was 4 years old and their fun and exciting to watch. However, ever since Rex handed over control of the defense (or is at least sharing control), they have become less aggressive and all pass rush we had is completely gone. I don't remember the last interception we had.

I appreciate the fact that Rex is trying to become a complete coach and not just focus on defense. However, if you're the best man for the job and refuse to do it because you are trying to delegate duties, are you not, in fact, hurting the team and therefore being an irresponsible coach? That would be like starting brad smith and WR over braylon edwards for no good reason. I really think Rex needs to take control of this defense again and light that fire under their butts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with you!!! All this is doing is making Sanchez better!!!

When Ryan does tighten up the D, can you imagine what we could do? Sanchez and the O putting 28+ points a game, with a shut down D:eek:. Can't wait!!! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too bad for a bunch of no names...Revis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3830216]I really don't want to whine too much since the Jets are in the midst of their best season since I was 4 years old and their fun and exciting to watch. However, ever since Rex handed over control of the defense (or is at least sharing control), they have become less aggressive and all pass rush we had is completely gone. I don't remember the last interception we had.

I appreciate the fact that Rex is trying to become a complete coach and not just focus on defense. However, if you're the best man for the job and refuse to do it because you are trying to delegate duties, are you not, in fact, hurting the team and therefore being an irresponsible coach? That would be like starting brad smith and WR over braylon edwards for no good reason. I really think Rex needs to take control of this defense again and light that fire under their butts.[/QUOTE]

I was in the process of starting basically the same thread...LOL We are 28th in the NFL in interceptions and I think that is solely because our pass rush sucks this season. I was hoping for more from JT and the others.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3830216]I really don't want to whine too much since the Jets are in the midst of their best season since I was 4 years old and their fun and exciting to watch. However, ever since Rex handed over control of the defense (or is at least sharing control), they have become less aggressive and all pass rush we had is completely gone. I don't remember the last interception we had.

I appreciate the fact that Rex is trying to become a complete coach and not just focus on defense. However, if you're the best man for the job and refuse to do it because you are trying to delegate duties, are you not, in fact, hurting the team and therefore being an irresponsible coach? That would be like starting brad smith and WR over braylon edwards for no good reason. I really think Rex needs to take control of this defense again and light that fire under their butts.[/QUOTE]

last interception we had was week 5 when the human interception machine himself, Brett Favre, threw one right to Dwight Lowery that was returned for a TD. 5 straight games without an interception and zero pressure on the quarterback ever- LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pretzel M & M;3830422]last interception we had was week 5 when the human interception machine himself, Brett Favre, threw one right to Dwight Lowery that was returned for a TD. 5 straight games without an interception and zero pressure on the quarterback ever- LOL.[/QUOTE]

Well Rex still thinks we're going to finish the season @ #1 in D. I will be happy to see it but I highly doubt it.