Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: calvin pace

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424

    calvin pace

    what is going on with him this season... do u guys think he is still banged up.... we really need him back on track to get some natural pass rush...

    i have watched the last drive from yesterday about 500 times go JETS that was incredible

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    what is going on with him this season... do u guys think he is still banged up.... we really need him back on track to get some natural pass rush...

    i have watched the last drive from yesterday about 500 times go JETS that was incredible
    i think he's missing his juicy juice

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    Pace hasn't been 100% and won't be for the duration of the season. Sucks because he's the best pass rushing linebacker we have. Wouldn't be surprised if after the season the Jets approach him for a pay cut because he hasn't earned the $$ the Jets gave him.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Pace hasn't been 100% and won't be for the duration of the season. Sucks because he's the best pass rushing linebacker we have. Wouldn't be surprised if after the season the Jets approach him for a pay cut because he hasn't earned the $$ the Jets gave him.
    i think they will 100% approach him although i dont no how is salary is structured...... jets r going to have to be very creative this off season to create some cap space but really i am not even thinking about that i am just enjoying the ride if i dont have a heart attack first!!!! we really need pace to step up though down the stretch and get to the QB

  5. #5
    Im sure he is still hurting, but hes always underperformed his contract. The Jets drastically overpaid him when they signed him and it is now at the stage where it will catch up to them. Next years cap figure is around 7.2 million, but he cost of cutting him is over 9. Only 3.9M of next years cap number is salary so its not like there is even much wiggle room. Ive been saying for a few weeks now that unless the jets win the Super Bowl that this contract is going to be picked up very quickly by the media as a big issue going into 2011.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    243
    he had what 9 sacks in 12 games last year?

    i dunno what happened to him this year, we cant get any pressure at all anyway though

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Im sure he is still hurting, but hes always underperformed his contract. The Jets drastically overpaid him when they signed him and it is now at the stage where it will catch up to them. Next years cap figure is around 7.2 million, but he cost of cutting him is over 9. Only 3.9M of next years cap number is salary so its not like there is even much wiggle room. Ive been saying for a few weeks now that unless the jets win the Super Bowl that this contract is going to be picked up very quickly by the media as a big issue going into 2011.
    u r definitely the salary cap guru good stuff thx.... i agree he is still hurting but when he is healthy pace is a force.. that is not to say he is worth that large contract

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us