Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The game against the Pasts* on MNF

All Pro

The game against the Pasts* on MNF

Was thinking about the jets and patriots playing against bad teams on Thursday and how if both teams do what they're supposed to and win the MNF game is going to have the makings of a classic with the type of season the jets are having. If the Jets want to show that they're among the best in the league they need to win this game.

The jets have been winning in magical fashion games that as jets fans were expecting marshall law to kick into effect, and Sanchez showing some good clutch ability. As long as the patriots have brady and and the dark lord in a sleeveless hoodie they are gonna win games and be among the top teams in the leage.

I would love to see Sanchez stab the patriots in the heart by leading a game winnng drive late in the 4th and win on a TD pass to Holmes.

I don't like looking ahead to future games but this type of game that as a fan I can't wait to watch lol

Agree 100%. Good or bad, the winner of this game gets the division, and probably a first round bye.

Pats are playing on Thanksgiving also? That sucks. Thought we'd have extra time to prepare for them.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=teng;3830489]Pats are playing on Thanksgiving also? That sucks. Thought we'd have extra time to prepare for them.[/QUOTE]

I realized the same today.

Oh well, fuggit...if we think we're as good as the Pats and can sweep them, then we're gonna have to do it outright and on the same amount of rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=msujetfan 89;3830488]Agree 100%. Good or bad, the winner of this game gets the division, and probably a first round bye.[/QUOTE]
    Yep. The biggest non-playoff game of the season. If the Jets win the game, I'd feel real good about their chances in the playoffs.

Plus, how nice would it be to finally sweep the Pats*?
    [QUOTE=teng;3830489]Pats are playing on Thanksgiving also? That sucks. Thought we'd have extra time to prepare for them.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed as well when I found out. But if the Jets play up to their potential, they can/will win the game.

Yep, likely need to win this one in order to win this division.

It sucks that if we lose that game, we'll be 9-3 (assuming we beat Cincy) and be in 2nd place in the division, while you have the NFC West where it likely won't even take that many wins to win the division.

All League
    This is the biggest regular season game since the Packer game in 02.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Having extra time has not been helpful for our coaching staff so far as we have lost after the bye last year and this.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Piper;3830512]Having extra time has not been helpful for our coaching staff so far as we have lost after the bye last year and this.[/QUOTE]

Good point. While it is not our jobs to figure out our approach given that history, and considering that the coaches and players are more concerned with Cindy right now, I can't help but wonder what the plan is.

Being an away game and the fact that I don't have work the next day, I'm thinking I might want to watch that game at a good sports bar with other fans instead of in the comfort of my own living room. Anyone here in Rockland, near nyack?

Veteran
    Anyone going? I should have tickets by the end of the week.

I'm going to the game bought tickets before the season.

Fact is the Jets actually won this game in 08 to get to 8 and 3. The famous Thursday night game. After that win we were set up to win the division and probably have a 2nd seed bye with a shot at first seed. The 08 team was on a roll and went into full fetal position immediately after securing the division.

In a nutshell the game has huge implications for this team but it doesn't mean squat unless we finish.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3830534]I'm going to the game bought tickets before the season.

Fact is the Jets actually won this game in 08 to get to 8 and 3. The famous Thursday night game. After that win we were set up to win the division and probably have a 2nd seed bye with a shot at first seed. The 08 team was on a roll and went into full fetal position immediately after securing the division.

In a nutshell the game has huge implications for this team but it doesn't mean squat unless we finish.[/QUOTE]

I thought they beat the 10-0 Titans to get to 8-3.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3830542]I thought they beat the 10-0 Titans to get to 8-3.[/QUOTE]

Correct they beat the Pats the week before to go to 7 & 3 and had a clear path to the division. After beating the Titans we had a clear path to a bye and a home playoff game. It was after the Titans win we **** the bed.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;3830486]Was thinking about the jets and patriots playing against bad teams on Thursday and how if both teams do what they're supposed to and win the MNF game is going to have the makings of a classic with the type of season the jets are having. If the Jets want to show that they're among the best in the league they need to win this game.

The jets have been winning in magical fashion games that as jets fans were expecting marshall law to kick into effect, and Sanchez showing some good clutch ability. As long as the patriots have brady and and the dark lord in a sleeveless hoodie they are gonna win games and be among the top teams in the leage.

[SIZE="5"]I would love to see Sanchez stab the patriots in the heart by leading a game winnng drive late in the 4th and win on a TD pass to Holmes.[/SIZE]

I don't like looking ahead to future games but this type of game that as a fan I can't wait to watch lol[/QUOTE]

I would much rather a 24-10 win leading the entire game.

[QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3830495]Yep, likely need to win this one in order to win this division.

It sucks that if we lose that game, we'll be 9-3 (assuming we beat Cincy) and be in 2nd place in the division, while you have the NFC West where it likely won't even take that many wins to win the division.[/QUOTE]

You could see a 13-3, 12-4 team in the AFC as a WILD CARD, between the Jets and Patriots, someone has to lose the division and I don't think either team will finish worse than 12-4.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=124;3830579]You could see a 13-3, 12-4 team in the AFC as a WILD CARD, between the Jets and Patriots, someone has to lose the division and I don't think either team will finish worse than 12-4.[/QUOTE]

That means that the loser of the division will be the 5 seed and get shipped out to Kansas City or San Diego (assuming Indy is the 3rd seed).

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3830542]I thought they beat the 10-0 Titans to get to 8-3.[/QUOTE]

You only remember this because of the epic collapse thereafter.

[QUOTE=Mario;3830590]That means that the loser of the division will be the 5 seed and get shipped out to Kansas City or San Diego (assuming Indy is the 3rd seed).[/QUOTE]

Right now Jacksonville would be the 4th seed. Imagine that. :eek:

As of 11/23:

[B][U]AFC[/U][/B]
    1. Jets
    2. Ravens

#5 Patriots @ #4 Jaguars
    #6 Steelers @ #3 Chiefs

[U][B]NFC[/B][/U]
    1. Falcons
    2. Eagles

#6 Packers @ #3 Bears
    #5 Saints @ #4 Seahawks

Jets Insider VIP
    and the best part is that the Jets are going to beat the tar out of the cheating douchebags on December 6 and possibly cause the chowd trolls here at JI to go into hiding at the Pat Fan Hiding Cave once again