Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damien Woody injury

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Damien Woody injury

Is there any update yet?
    And what if he cant go?! I wonder if the coaching staff will activate Ducasse and let him start over Hunter?!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne Hunter can get it done

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They kept running right after woody wad out of the game so they clearly have faith in hunter, but i can't help but wonder why Vlad isn't discussed as a replacement. Wasn't that the plan? A year at G and then move over to RT after woody is gone?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if they felt happier with Ducasse than Hunter, he'd be activated a bit more often.

Hunter will start Thu, Ducasse will be his back up, i'd expect.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;3830533]I think if they felt happier with Ducasse than Hunter, he'd be activated a bit more often.

Hunter will start Thu, Ducasse will be his back up, i'd expect.[/QUOTE]

I hope they give Hunter some help on passing downs. Sanchez was under pressure all day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rhyan66;3830530]They kept running right after woody wad out of the game so they clearly have faith in hunter, but i can't help but wonder why Vlad isn't discussed as a replacement. Wasn't that the plan? A year at G and then move over to RT after woody is gone?[/QUOTE]

Or maybe that was the complete opposite. They ran because they didn't trust him and wanted to protect, The Sanchize.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds somewhat positive...

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/11/with_short_week_ahead_jets_wai.html[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3830521]Wayne Hunter can get it done[/QUOTE]

Hunter sucks swollen donkey balls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hunter will be fine

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;3830551]Hunter sucks swollen donkey balls.[/QUOTE]

Hunter can play. Tough spot the other day coming off the bench against Williams with no help. Come on man, give the guy a break.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the ultra-short week, there will be very little actual practicing in pads. That works against the notion of Ducasse seeing any meaningful playing time vs. the Bengals.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vinluvr;3830623]With the ultra-short week, there will be very little actual practicing in pads. That works against the notion of Ducasse seeing any meaningful playing time vs. the Bengals.[/QUOTE]

OLine hasn't been all that great to begin with. Hope Sanchez has eyes in the back of his head for the rest of the year:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter should be fine against a team like Cinci who can't rush the passer.

But it is great news that Woody's injury wasn't overly serious. I truly thought that was an ACL tear at first look.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3830696]Hunter should be fine against a team like Cinci who can't rush the passer.

But it is great news that Woody's injury wasn't overly serious. I truly thought that was an ACL tear at first look.[/QUOTE]

Woody was getting an MRI yesterday afternoon after practice. Did you hear the results? I hadn't heard but I am hoping it is not serious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either way, I don't trust Ducasse protecting Sanchez on the Outside. I think a legit RT prospect to replace Woody is a must in the '11 draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3830972]Either way, I don't trust Ducasse protecting Sanchez on the Outside. I think a legit RT prospect to replace Woody is a must in the '11 draft.[/QUOTE]

This is true.

I like the Wisconsin kid to be honest. Playing LT right now but he's a big mauler and could definitely project to the right side. He doesn't look like the most athletic guy in the world, but he's more athletic than you would think.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner's strictly RG/C right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3830976]Turner's strictly RG/C right?[/QUOTE]

Well, he played LG the other day and didn't do too well at that. Slauson didn't have a good game last game either but he is banged up.

No way would I ever put Turner at RT. It's Hunter and then Ducasse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    update:
    [QUOTE]rodboone Damien Woody pedaling away on stationary bike. Doubt Big Wood plays Thursday vs. #Bengals. [/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RT Damien Woody (knee) is not practicing Tuesday and isn't expected to play in Week 12.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports that Woody has a "legit sprain" to his MCL. He is working on the exercise bike during practice and seemed to be in good spirits on the sideline Sunday after the injury, so we're betting he won't be out too long. The Jets can surely take care of the Bengals without him.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter