Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Schotty......Read This!

Veteran

Hey Schotty......Read This!

[url]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101122/SPT02/11230355/1066/Secondary-will-have-to-introduce-themselves[/url]

[B]Secondary will have to introduce themselves[/B]

CINCINNATI -- Four members of the Bengals secondary were lost to injury during Sunday's 49-31 loss against Buffalo, including safety Chris Crocker, who will miss the remainder of the season with a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

That and the quick turnaround this week in preparation for Thursday night's game at the Meadowlands Stadium against the New York Jets caused the Bengals to go searching for help Monday......

Ground and Pound Baby!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3830553]Ground and Pound Baby![/QUOTE]

LOL! :D

[QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;3830548][URL]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101122/SPT02/11230355/1066/Secondary-will-have-to-introduce-themselves[/URL]

[B]Secondary will have to introduce themselves[/B]

CINCINNATI -- Four members of the Bengals secondary were lost to injury during Sunday's 49-31 loss against Buffalo, including safety Chris Crocker, who will miss the remainder of the season with a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

That and the quick turnaround this week in preparation for Thursday night's game at the Meadowlands Stadium against the New York Jets caused the Bengals to go searching for help Monday......[/QUOTE]

What makes you think he won't know this?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

:D

All League

:clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    The Schotty BS around here has got to stop. The guy is one of the most sought after coaches. When and if he leaves here most of you haters will be singing a different tune.

A thats what I give schotty a ****ing A. Why? just look at our QB developing

As everyone knows, I have been a harsh critic of Shottenheimer. That's not to say I want him fired during the season, that's just ridiculous & Rex would never do something like that.

I don't HATE Shoddy, I just think he has a poor feel for the game and we have a hard time keeping any continuity.

I've said before that our offense feels like a sleek 12 cylinder Jaguar that needs a tuneup. My biggest problem with him is that we are ALWAYS a slow starter on offense, as soon as we get the running game going he goes to the wildcat, I'm sorry but usually when you get some nice running plays I want my damn starting QB out there to go play action and PUSH the ball down the field.

His proponents say, "But we had 400 yards of offense?"
    WHAT?
    Scoring is the ONLY THING that matters in this league and we suck at consistantly scoring TOUCH DOWNS, especially in the 1st half.

This NY Jets team has TALENT on offense! We have a very good Oline, 2 good running backs, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Cotchery, Smith.

Any offensive coordinator that can't generate 400 yards of offense with this group doesn't belong in the NFL, so you can take that stat & shove it where the sun don't shine.

Each week I sit down and watch and hope that he decides to run an offense that limits NEGATIVE PLAYS but each and every week I end up disappointed.

The Bengals are missing their entire secondary, will Shoddy take advantage?
    Jim Leonard ran the 1st punt to the Texans 30 yard line and we again kicked a short FG without letting Sanchez throw to the end zone.

I'm TRYING to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm TRYING to keep an open mind each week. I'm TRYING to figure out why the only plays that work are the ones SUGGESTED by the players.

I want to believe, I really do, I just haven't been convinced because of what I witness each week. I want him to succeed.

All League
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;3830581]The Schotty BS around here has got to stop. The guy is one of the most sought after coaches. [B]When and if he leaves here most of you haters will be singing a different tune.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

A much happier one. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;3830581]The Schotty BS around here has got to stop. The guy is one of the most sought after coaches. When and if he leaves here most of you haters will be singing a different tune.

A thats what I give schotty a ****ing A. Why? just look at our QB developing[/QUOTE]

THE BIG RAGU nails it

[QUOTE=jetster;3830584]As everyone knows, I have been a harsh critic of Shottenheimer. That's not to say I want him fired during the season, that's just ridiculous & Rex would never do something like that.

I don't HATE Shoddy, I just think he has a poor feel for the game and we have a hard time keeping any continuity.

I've said before that our offense feels like a sleek 12 cylinder Jaguar that needs a tuneup. My biggest problem with him is that we are ALWAYS a slow starter on offense, as soon as we get the running game going he goes to the wildcat, I'm sorry but usually when you get some nice running plays I want my damn starting QB out there to go play action and PUSH the ball down the field.

WHAT?
    Scoring is the ONLY THING that matters in this league and we suck at consistantly scoring TOUCH DOWNS, especially in the 1st half.

This NY Jets team has TALENT on offense! We have a very good Oline, 2 good running backs, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Cotchery, Smith.

Any offensive coordinator that can't generate 400 yards of offense with this group doesn't belong in the NFL, so you can take that stat & shove it where the sun don't shine.

Each week I sit down and watch and hope that he decides to run an offense that limits NEGATIVE PLAYS but each and every week I end up disappointed.

Jim Leonard ran the 1st punt to the Texans 30 yard line and we again kicked a short FG without letting Sanchez throw to the end zone.

I'm TRYING to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm TRYING to keep an open mind each week. I'm TRYING to figure out why the only plays that work are the ones SUGGESTED by the players.

I want to believe, I really do, I just haven't been convinced because of what I witness each week. I want him to succeed.[/QUOTE]

Proponent here. Love the development of our QB who was probably drafted by us because of the OC and clearly has developed him. Love the fact that we dominate teams in TOP and field position which is the hall mark of teams that are built on D and running the ball. Love the fact that we are 8 & 2 and have worn defenses out to the point that we can score at will in the late stages of the games. Love the fact that with the youngest QB in the league and many new additions on O we are moving up the stat board in both yards and points in the NFL.

Considering this is the first year that Shottenheimer has actually had a starting QB in TC and things are starting to click for the stretch run of the season, I actually think our coaching on O has been really good.

Well, Shotty's offense did make the NFL's worst D look All-World. ...so, I see Sanchez throwing 3 INTs and being sacked 3 times.

[QUOTE=jetster;3830584]As everyone knows, I have been a harsh critic of Shottenheimer. That's not to say I want him fired during the season, that's just ridiculous & Rex would never do something like that.

WHAT?

I want to believe, I really do, I just haven't been convinced because of what I witness each week. I want him to succeed.[/QUOTE]

agree with this all. ..and I wonder who was calling the plays when the Jets came from behind.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3830613][B]Well, Shotty's offense did make the NFL's worst D look All-World.[/B] ...so, I see Sanchez throwing 3 INTs and being sacked 3 times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah On that last series he sure did... They looked great.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=thebigragu;3830581]The Schotty BS around here has got to stop. The guy is one of the most sought after coaches. When and if he leaves here most of you haters will be singing a different tune.

A thats what I give schotty a ****ing A. Why? just look at our QB developing[/QUOTE]

Funny thing when Hackett left after 04 most hated Mike Heimerdinger and missed Hackett..:P

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3830613]Well, Shotty's offense did make the NFL's worst D look All-World. ...so, I see Sanchez throwing 3 INTs and being sacked 3 times.[/QUOTE]

If giving up 30 points and over 400 yards of offense makes you All-World, how do you classify the Ravens defense?

Ridiculous.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3830599]Proponent here. Love the development of our QB who was probably drafted by us because of the OC and clearly has developed him. Love the fact that we dominate teams in TOP and field position which is the hall mark of teams that are built on D and running the ball. Love the fact that we are 8 & 2 and have worn defenses out to the point that we can score at will in the late stages of the games. Love the fact that with the youngest QB in the league and many new additions on O we are moving up the stat board in both yards and points in the NFL.

Considering this is the first year that Shottenheimer has actually had a starting QB in TC and things are starting to click for the stretch run of the season, I actually think our coaching on O has been really good.[/QUOTE]

All good points. Lets hope now that Sanchez seems to have really come into his own we start to see what we have been waiting for this year.
    Scoring against the likes of the Lions, Texans, Bengals, Bills doesn't impress me, we need to score TDs against the Pats, Steelers, Bears of the world to get where we want to go.
    You need to be on point with your preparation, game plan, and execution vs these teams.
    His resume is still not written.
    I want to come out of 2 of those games impressed with the game plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3830634]If giving up 30 points and over 400 yards of offense makes you All-World, how do you classify the Ravens defense?

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

They get a pass from most Jet fans..:yes:

[QUOTE=Savage69;3830639]They get a pass from most Jet fans..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but putting up that stat really makes Shoddys play calling look bad!
    If I remember right we kicked 3 -FGs right?

[QUOTE=jetster;3830584]

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying here is that the Jets have one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL...despite the fact that their QB is in his second year, the OL hasn't opened a decent-sized hole in over four weeks, one RB doesn't have the burst he had last year (and the other is 31), and the receivers have periodic cases of the dropsies.

I think Mangold is the only All-Pro on this offense. When you are "expecting" over 400 yards of offense week-in and week-out, you are drastically overrating your players. The 49ers of the 80s had Joe Montana, Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, and Brent Jones. Every single one of those players was better than what the Jets boast at those same positions, and those teams didn't average 400 yards of offense.

The Jets have one aging HOFer and bunch of good players who might get better. The fact that they've put up around 400 over the past four weeks should be construed as a positive thing, not failing to meet an expectation.

I will agree with you on one thing...the scoring in the red zone MUST improve. Maybe the stat would have looked better this week if Keller didn't let the football hit him in the ****ing face on that 3rd-down play after the nice PR from Leonhard.