Thread: Team of Destiny??

Team of Destiny??

I know I'm going to get hated on for this one ;) but hear me out first. We have last 4 wins by what I believe to be some kind of divine intervention. The PI in Denver, the piss poor play call in Detroit, the fumble in Cleveland, the drive this pass Sunday. I feel like no other team in the league would have gotten those kinds of breaks. Maybe we are witnessing something special here. Plus we can all agree that this team hasnít put it all together for one complete game since Buffalo, but are still winning. I know itís still early but maybe this Jets team can get it done. :yes:

Not that I want to encourage you or anything, but maybe the Jets fanbase is finally being repaid after 40 years of heartbreak.

Im not sure why the pass interference penalty in denver is being called luck by anyone.

With the new rules on contact, when you see single coverage, its a smart and very strategic play to attack that in the hopes of a completion or a pass interference penalty. Especially considering the rules favor the WR over the DB when there is contact.

Baltimore did that to us the entire game in week one...that wasnt luck, it was smart coaching by them.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't think that way once for a minute to myself, but when it comes down to it it's a lil early for luck we are gonna need that hopefully later, so they better get it going now moving forward.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3830730]Not that I want to encourage you or anything, but maybe the Jets fanbase is finally being repaid after 40 years of heartbreak.[/QUOTE]

:worship:

[QUOTE=Cornbx;3830704]I know I'm going to get hated on for this one ;) but hear me out first. We have last 4 wins by what I believe to be some kind of divine intervention. The PI in Denver, the piss poor play call in Detroit, the fumble in Cleveland, the drive this pass Sunday. I feel like no other team in the league would have gotten those kinds of breaks. Maybe we are witnessing something special here. Plus we can all agree that this team hasnít put it all together for one complete game since Buffalo, but are still winning. I know itís still early but maybe this Jets team can get it done. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I am on board...I think that more and more after I see what I see from this team...

Here's the bottom line...when teams have championship season they get breaks along the way....the ball bounces their way...this year that is certainly happening for the jets...

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3830730]Not that I want to encourage you or anything, but maybe the Jets fanbase is finally being repaid after 40 years of heartbreak.[/QUOTE]

Joe Beningo actually alluded to this on Daily News Live recently....

I won't believe it until we reach the SuperBowl, though....

I'm tired of this destiny nonsense. You make your destiny. Stuckey didn't just drop the ball, he was stripped. Sanchez dropped two perfect passes into Edwards and Holmes. Lowery steps in front of a Favre pass, it didn't bounce to him accidentally.

Have the Jets been fortunate? No more or less than any other team...were the Pats lucky that Manning floated a terrible pass after carving them up the entire fourth quarter or did the Pats make one good play with a decent edge rush?

Good teams get good breaks by doing the right things...