Thread: Comical Players Association Letter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Comical Players Association Letter

[QUOTE]The NFL Players Association warned in letters it sent to Mayor Bloomberg, Gov.-elect Cuomo and Gov. Paterson Monday that New York could lose more than $160 million in jobs and revenue if the league's owners cancel the 2011 season. The union also asked the elected officials to pressure Giants owner John Mara and Jets counterpart Woody Johnson to engage in good-faith negotiations with the NFLPA over the collective-bargaining agreement that expires in 100 days.

NFLPA president Kevin Mawae said the players are happy with the current agreement, but that owners are taking steps to cancel the 2011 season. A lockout would be a huge hit on the region's economy, Mawae said.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/11/23/2010-11-23_nfl_players_warn_pols_lockout_will_be_costly.html#ixzz167V1WsjT[/url][/QUOTE]

Do you think Bloomie got this letter and replied back. "This does not pertain to me. I fwd to Gov. Christie of NJ"?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak10;3830752]Do you think Bloomie got this letter and replied back. "This does not pertain to me. I fwd to Gov. Christie of NJ"?[/QUOTE]

LOL... I approve of this comment

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ that's a very good point, jetsfreak.

Even though they're called the New YORK Jets/Giants, they still play in NEW JERSEY so it really affects NJ more than anywhere else.