Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Korean War II

JetsInsider.com Legend

Korean War II

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11...illery-island/

Suprised no one has posted anything about this yet. Poli section seems to be in a rather moribund lull of late, post-election snoozing.....

This is something to watch. Bad bad things could come of this.

Hall Of Fame
    Thank God the UN is getting involved because if they didn't-

Yeah, I got nothing.

All Pro
    Let's hope this does not spiral out of control. Although this is the first direct artillery attack on South Korean territory since the Korean War ended, there have been incidents in this area in the very recent past. Last March, a South Korean warship was sunk by a suspected North Korean torpedo attack in this same exact area and not much came from it.

This attack however targets civilians as well as military so it's a whole different ball game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Let's hope this does not spiral out of control. Although this is the first direct artillery attack on South Korean territory since the Korean War ended, there have been incidents in this area in the very recent past. Last March, a South Korean warship was sunk by a suspected North Korean torpedo attack in this same exact area and not much came from it.

This attack however targets civilians as well as military so it's a whole different ball game.
    The North is definitely playing up the tensions at current, hard to see why tbh. Unless they WANT someone to blow up their soon-to-be-Nuke plants.

JetsFan2012
    The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same.

I say we let Australia take care of this one. They're a lot closer and can be tough with their big knives.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The North is definitely playing up the tensions at current, hard to see why tbh. Unless they WANT someone to blow up their soon-to-be-Nuke plants.
    IMO, I think because Kim Jong Il's son is waiting in the wings to take control, he wants to flex his muscles a little bit and show the world he's not to be trifled with.

He's just as crazy as his father though, so he doesn't know the world of **** he's going to get himself in.

Hall Of Fame
    Pull our troops out and let the dumba**es kill each other off. The world won't be THAT bad if we can't buy KIA's anymore.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

This is what you get when you let the North's aggressions go unanswered. That sawed off little sack of **** has been doing this for decades and getting concessions (thanks Billy BJ).

Now he knows there's another sackless wimp in the White House so he blows a S Korean ship out of the water and gets a nasty letter in response. This time he'll get an even nastier letter from the ***** In Chief.

In these dangerous times the US is leaderless.

Unbelievable........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    This is what you get when you let the North's aggressions go unanswered. That sawed off little sack of **** has been doing this for decades and getting concessions (thanks Billy BJ).

Now he knows there's another sackless wimp in the White House so he blows a S Korean ship out of the water and gets a nasty letter in response. This time he'll get an even nastier letter from the ***** In Chief.

In these dangerous times the US is leaderless.

Unbelievable........
    You got it! Let's go to war! We got the time and money! Let's do it!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Exactly! Let's spill American blood and spend our money helping a bunch of freaks fight and die for a piece of land the size of New Jersey....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Let's give them another 3 billion dollars worth of nuke reactors and technology like Billy Blue Dress did.

Yeah that's the way to handle these @ssholes.......

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Exactly! Let's spill American blood and spend our money helping a bunch of freaks fight and die for a piece of land the size of New Jersey....
    South Koreans are freaks?

Wow.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    South Koreans are freaks?

Wow.....
    Yes they are. Sorry, bro...this guy really doesn't give a f*ck about people in foreign countries fighting over tiny peninsulas. Yeah...real f*cking intelligent. Let's just stand around and have a Mexican standoff for 50 f*cking years.

Bunch of dumba**es...

It's like the Hatfields and McCoys without the banjo music....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    For me it's simple.

We should be fighting to control our Southern Border.

Not South Koreas Northern Border.

Let the "World Community/United Nations" sort this one out. We have bigger, more local, fish to fry.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    For me it's simple.

We should be fighting to control our Southern Border.

Not South Koreas Northern Border.

Let the "World Community/United Nations" sort this one out. We have bigger, more local, fish to fry.
    I beginning to agree with this, I think for the most part all our "Allies" care about is our money, for the most part (Brits, French, & Aussies aside) I'm not sure there is reason to fight anyone elses' battles any longer.

If the North is so dependant on China to keep itself viable and it is in China's interest to keep the area stable, why then does China not put the screws to that little bastard? Slap him down. What advantage does China seek from a destabilized area? Or do they not have the control over Kim as much as people are lead to believe?
    Hi everyone! LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chicadeel View Post
    If the North is so dependant on China to keep itself viable and it is in China's interest to keep the area stable, why then does China not put the screws to that little bastard? Slap him down. What advantage does China seek from a destabilized area? Or do they not have the control over Kim as much as people are lead to believe?
    Hi everyone! LOL
    Chic! How the hell are you?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Chic! How the hell are you?
    I'm pretty damn good Plumah. How you doing and how's the family?

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chicadeel View Post
    Hi everyone! LOL
    Hey chica, welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Hey chica, welcome back.
    Thanks pauliec and congratulations on the Mod thing?

I all of a sudden have this strange urge for Chinese tonight.

I'd really love to understand the inside politics of this mess with the North, South and China.