Thread: Question about Broadcaster's for Jets-Bengals game

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about Broadcaster's for Jets-Bengals game

So I assume that the "Dream Team" of Theisman, Millen, and Papa will be calling the Jets game on Thursday, and they are almost unbearable. My question is this: will the local channel showing the game have different announcers, or will they just be streaming the NFLN broadcast?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think usually its just the national broadcast that is beamed to the local affiliate, so you are stuck with the awful NFL Network crew.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be the NFL Network broadcast streamed locally.

So, yes, we get the god-awful "dream team" NFL Network has assembled.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a perfect world 1050 ESPN wouldn't have that annoying delay thus allowing you to hear Bob W and Marty Lyon's calling the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NFL Network announcers are awful. I would rather watch the game on mute.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worst announcing crew in history.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3830797]Worst announcing crew in history.[/QUOTE]

It actually might be the worst crew ever. Although I remember last year's Jets-Bengals playoff game had Joe Gibbs in the booth and I think he was beyond terrible as well. Anyone else remember that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be at the game, but if you have DVR, you can pause the game for about 5 seconds and then listen along with the radio...right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3830802]It actually might be the worst crew ever. Although I remember last year's Jets-Bengals playoff game had Joe Gibbs in the booth and I think he was beyond terrible as well. Anyone else remember that?[/QUOTE]

Theismann was in that booth too. Theismann, Millen, Papa, ugh. I hope I'll be able to keep down the turkey.

How can anybody listen to anything that Millen says? I'll have to watch on mute because if I hear him compliment one of our players, I'll start to have doubts about them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, apparently on Saturday they're gonna replay the game without announcers, but with a bunch of players and coaches miked up.

But yeah Thursday night the mute button is your friend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3830804]I'll be at the game, but if you have DVR, you can pause the game for about 5 seconds and then listen along with the radio...right?[/QUOTE]

I think it would actually be the other way around...you would need a way to pause the radio...

on another note, I'm hoping for the 4th week in a row now that this game will finally be nothing more than a scrimmage as we get off to a fast start and keep up the pounding...if that is the case, the announcers won't matter as we won't be too nervous and worked up!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3830853]Well, apparently on Saturday they're gonna replay the game without announcers, but with a bunch of players and coaches miked up.

But yeah Thursday night the mute button is your friend.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec! You mean they're not going to do that "game without announcers" thing this thursday? BOOOO-URNS!!! :(

Now I'm in a real dilemma :

Do I record the actual game or do I record the replay on Saturday? Grrrrrr.....Saturday is just too long a wait but it's without hearing the Three Stooges commentating. Sigh. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3830802]It actually might be the worst crew ever. Although I remember last year's Jets-Bengals playoff game had Joe Gibbs in the booth and I think he was beyond terrible as well. Anyone else remember that?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do and it was horrendous

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3830906]Wait a sec! You mean they're not going to do that "game without announcers" thing this thursday? BOOOO-URNS!!! :(

Now I'm in a real dilemma :

Do I record the actual game or do I record the replay on Saturday? Grrrrrr.....Saturday is just too long a wait but it's without hearing the Three Stooges commentating. Sigh. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.[/QUOTE]

Do you consider these 3 announcers?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Boomer say he would be broadcasting the game. Or at least I think that's what he said.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoGreen88;3830933]I heard Boomer say he would be broadcasting the game. Or at least I think that's what he said.[/QUOTE]

On Radio if I am not mistaken.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;3830793]In a perfect world 1050 ESPN wouldn't have that annoying delay thus allowing you to hear Bob W and Marty Lyon's calling the game.[/QUOTE]

IF you have DVR, you CAN synch the TV to the Radio broadcast...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3830797]Worst announcing crew in history.[/QUOTE]

And Chris Collinsworth's best friends. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Hammond-Gibbs-THEESman was the worst crew I've ever heard call a professional sporting event.