Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gholston's Def Stats - 2010 - Miserable!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Gholston's Def Stats - 2010 - Miserable!!

Source: [url]http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=nyj[/url]

If I am reading these statistics correctly, Brad Smith has more tackles than Gholston. He is not even averaging a tackle per game. If he doesn't pick up the pace soon, Joe McNight is going to pass him on the tackle list. Heck, the state troopers are not far behind him on gameday tackle statistics.

Simply pathetic.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night they were talking about one of the Bronco players, in his 3rd game ever, recording his first sack.

With respect where Gholston was selected, he is an absolute bust and we need to get rid of the bum. Plain and simple.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It takes time. He's only in his third season. You can't expect the 6th overall pick to show any signs of life this early. Give him six or seven more years, and he'll turn into the pass-rushing force we all hoped he'd become. You'll see!

:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to have PATIENCE with these guys. Hes making an adjustment from College DE to NFL OLB...oh, wait, hes NOT doing that anymore? Well, changing BACK to DE from OLB after being a DE typically takes 5-7 years.

Patience, people. You all know NOTHING....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets really need Stuckey, Clowney, Gholston and Ratliff..They are future pro bowlers.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3830950]Source: [url]http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=nyj[/url]

If I am reading these statistics correctly, Brad Smith has more tackles than Gholston. He is not even averaging a tackle per game. If he doesn't pick up the pace soon, Joe McNight is going to pass him on the tackle list. Heck, the state troopers are not far behind him on gameday tackle statistics.

Simply pathetic.[/QUOTE]

...and probably an improvement on last year :mad: A massive bust, unfortunately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides for that Favre moment I don't think he's embarrassed himself this year at all. At this point it's just anxiety about him nailing the flashy stuff.

I still have not lost hope. I won't until they cut him...hopefully this offseason.

I wish they drafted Greg Hardy so he could show Gholston how it's done before he goes down with an injury.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    baby steps. i heard he will get his 1st sack this week

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3830961]You have to have PATIENCE with these guys. Hes making an adjustment from College DE to NFL OLB...oh, wait, hes NOT doing that anymore? Well, changing BACK to DE from OLB after being a DE typically takes 5-7 years.

Patience, people. You all know NOTHING....[/QUOTE]
    You missed the one where the head coach had a vendetta against him and basically ruined him. Gholston appologists have been trotting that one out there for a few years now.

All Mangini's fault don't you know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Through Week 10, ProFootballFocus actually has Gholston as a positive contributor to the team. The same cannot be said for Calvin Pace, Jim Leonhard, Kyle Wilson, or Eric Smith.

[IMG]http://www.jets135.com/images/gholston.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3830961]You have to have PATIENCE with these guys. Hes making an adjustment from College DE to NFL OLB...oh, wait, hes NOT doing that anymore? Well, changing BACK to DE from OLB after being a DE typically takes 5-7 years.

Patience, people. You all know NOTHING....[/QUOTE]

agreed- if he needed patience when moving from DE to OLB to learn the new position, he also needs patience moving from OLB back to DE in order to relearn his old position...

its' all so confusing- especially for vernon...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it's Tuesday and the team is 8-2. Time to start another "Vernon Gholston Is A Bust - But Did Get In A Sack On Sunday" Thread. I tell ya what, since 99.9% of you want milk out of a stone, how about I email Rex Ryan and propose the following:

1) Cut Gholston RIGHT NOW so that the NY Jets fans can go back to "Fire Schotty" threads full time.

2) Try out Gholston on the offense. You heard me right. Put him on the O-line and see if he can protect the QB if he can't sack one.

~OR~

3) Leave him where he is on defense and let him ride out the season as a rotation player and on ST KR's. You could cut him after the NY Jets season is over, but if The Fat Bridesmaids of the NFL Get To The Altar and Get The Ring, say goodbye to a $22 million dollar, three year investment and a Superbowl winner.

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is clear to all that Gholston is a bust, but unlike with picks like Johnny "Lam" Jones and Kyle Brady, you can't blame the Jets for picking him.

If go back and look at that draft, it was very weak. I made a thread about this around draft time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez had more tackles last week then Vernon. Not good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look can we just stop with the patience jargon? He sucks. Can't react. Can't even do anything with his hand in the dirt. Gholston is the only player that we have to sit and be patient with because of the DE to OLB to DE transition? Can we just draft another outside rusher? Please? Our defense needs that explosive pass rusher. I hope we draft 2 of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    believe it or not he's getting better. He had a hurry last week.

it wasn't too long ago we were having the same conversations about Bryan thomas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Gholston's been terrible but let's face it - no one in the front seven has been great at sacking the QB the past two years. #50 is back to being a DL now and that's not where the sacks are supposed to come from in a 3-4 defense.

He did have a positive play against the Texans though. He came up the middle and pressured Schaub into a incompletion I think.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3831164]believe it or not he's getting better. He had a hurry last week.

it wasn't too long ago we were having the same conversations about Bryan thomas.[/QUOTE]

Good point Bit, you must be getting old to remember that far back;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;3831143]Sanchez had more tackles last week then Vernon. Not good.[/QUOTE]

Props to #6. That was a nice tackle. He didn't make a half-a$$ed attempt like most QBs would have in that situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, looking at his stats is a moot point. He barely sees the field so obviously his stats are going to be almost nonexistent.