Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12-4 Get us to playoffs :) ?

12-4 Get us to playoffs :) ?

I see 12-4 ??

CINCINNATI - W
    @New England - L (I hope we win! I think we can. Just being negative.)
    MIAMI - W
    @Pittsburgh - L
    @Chicago - W
    BUFFALO - W

we need to beat either pitt or NE

11-5 would be a lock for a wild card berth, even in the AFC THIS YEAR...

Veteran
    NOOO for just getting into the playoffs, I want the JETS to finish up 14-2 win the AFC and home field advantage through the playoffs, how 'bout that for a change. we fans always want to settle for less.

c'mon man!!
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 11-23-2010 at 02:05 PM.

11 wins for the Playoffs

13 wins for the Division, incld. a Win over N.E.

Thats the requirements for us this year (IMO).

[QUOTE=Warfish;3831029]11 wins for the Playoffs

Thats the requirements for us this year (IMO).[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Jets MUST win the division...You don't want to go on the road first week of playoffs..it would probably be to Indy or SD..not a good matchup for our pass defense.

All League
    12-4 definitely gets Jets in playoffs.

Of course it would be nice to win the division, but I'd be lying if I said I would not be content with 12-4 and a wildcard.

The Bears defense will give us fits

I can see a very similar GAME to the texans game, but the bears are actually a lot better.

The bears stuff the run (Thats what the texans DID regardless of stats), and force you to throw. Just like in the texans game, the Bears who now have Julius Peppers, will perforate the pocket.

I don't see us winning that game.

All League
    [QUOTE=simijet;3831053]12-4 definitely gets Jets in playoffs.

Of course it would be nice to win the division, but I'd be lying if I said I would not be content with 12-4 and a wildcard.[/QUOTE]

Note to Rex and the team. Eyes need to be controling home field for the play-offs. To have any other goal or expectation is wrong.

[QUOTE=bman;3831039]Jets MUST win the division...You don't want to go on the road first week of playoffs..it would probably be to Indy or SD..not a good matchup for our pass defense.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The AFC is too dangerous to spend the playoffs on the road as the #5 or #6 seed. Trips to SD, Pitt (where the Jets NEVER win), and Indy would be the potential playoff road. That is exactly what this team does not need.

Not counting last year's AFCCG, Dec. 7th is the biggest game for this franchise since the '98 season. Manning/Rivers/Brady in NY is 10x different than any of those QBs in their home.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3831063]Note to Rex and the team. Eyes need to be controling home field for the play-offs. To have any other goal or expectation is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm a [B]FAN[/B], not a team member. I'm sure no one connected with the Jets gives two schitz what I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bman;3831039]Jets MUST win the division...You don't want to go on the road first week of playoffs..it would probably be to Indy or SD..not a good matchup for our pass defense.[/QUOTE]

Jets are undefeated on the Road a home game doesn't seem to be a plus for this team..:P

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;3831061]The Bears defense will give us fits

I can see a very similar GAME to the texans game, but the bears are actually a lot better.

The bears stuff the run (Thats what the texans DID regardless of stats), and force you to throw. Just like in the texans game, the Bears who now have Julius Peppers, will perforate the pocket.

I don't see us winning that game.[/QUOTE]

All of this is true. But hopefully by now the CS has realized that this team won't be successful again on the ground until the defenses start focusing on Sanchez and the passing attack. If the Bears want to force the Jets to pass the ball, well that's a scheme that Schotty and Co. should be happy to see. Ground and Pound is dead until further notice - the last four games are clear evidence of that.

That said, if the Jets struggle with the Bears, it will be Peppers/Idonije(sp) etc dominating our overrated OL as you've mentioned.

i see no reason the jets can't win out

San Diego does not scare me one bit.

It's INDY that would be THE Team to avoid as long as possible.

All League
    [QUOTE=simijet;3831094]I'm a [B]FAN[/B], not a team member. I'm sure no one connected with the Jets gives two schitz what I think.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my comment was about being happy with a wild card team as apposed to being in contol of where those games will be played. For this Jets team to play outside in the play-offs is huge in my opinion

[QUOTE=LivermoreJetsFan;3830990]I see 12-4 ??

CINCINNATI - W
    @New England - L (I hope we win! I think we can. Just being negative.)
    MIAMI - W
    @Pittsburgh - L
    @Chicago - W
    BUFFALO - W[/QUOTE]

Of course! Was there ever a season where both wildcard team had records better than 12-4? Now, I'm not sure we're good enough to go 12-4 but I'd be willing to settle for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3831029]11 wins for the Playoffs

Thats the requirements for us this year (IMO).[/QUOTE]

This.

And 13-3 is very doable.

A victory over the Pats and Fins in back-to-back weeks essentially seals the division IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=teng;3831240]Of course! Was there ever a season where both wildcard team had records better than 12-4? Now, I'm not sure we're good enough to go 12-4 but I'd be willing to settle for that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not settling for sh-t.

12-4 and the WC would be awful.

The Jets are 8-2 and control their own destiny for homefield advantage. If they blow that I will be greatly dissapointed.