Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Prices for Thanksgiving Game

Ticket Prices for Thanksgiving Game

I am what they call on WFAN a "first time, long time."

I have been a regular reader of the forum since 2005 but this is my first post.

I am a season ticket holder and though I am going to the game Thursday night, I am concerned by just how bad the secondary ticket market is on StubHub for this game... with tickets offered well below face in most sections 2 days before the game and huge inventories left on the resale sites.

I certainly am not looking to be a downer or drum up controversy with my first post, but I am really interested to see what other season ticket holders think about this.

Obviously I realize it is Thanksgiving and a lot of people simply cannot go to the game no matter how much they want to. But, it makes me worry about what the value of these seats will be in a bad season. Hopefully that never comes, but realistically in the life of our PSLs we will see a bad year or two.

I also realize that for the fan who bought the seats to go to all of the games, the resale market doesn't matter. I agree, and I can't wait until I can be one of those fans. But at my current income level, and with current ticket prices I, like many fans I'm sure, need to sell a few games a season to make owning tickets possible.

Anyway, I would love to hear the board's thoughts. Is this a bad indicator for the value of tickets/PSLs? Or is it all good in Verizon/MetLife/BudLight/Pepsi/New Meadowlands Stadium?

[QUOTE=toontime88;3831095]I am what they call on WFAN a "first time, long time."

I have been a regular reader of the forum since 2005 but this is my first post.

I am a season ticket holder and though I am going to the game Thursday night, I am concerned by just how bad the secondary ticket market is on StubHub for this game... with tickets offered well below face in most sections 2 days before the game and huge inventories left on the resale sites.

I certainly am not looking to be a downer or drum up controversy with my first post, but I am really interested to see what other season ticket holders think about this.

Obviously I realize it is Thanksgiving and a lot of people simply cannot go to the game no matter how much they want to. But, it makes me worry about what the value of these seats will be in a bad season. Hopefully that never comes, but realistically in the life of our PSLs we will see a bad year or two.

I also realize that for the fan who bought the seats to go to all of the games, the resale market doesn't matter. I agree, and I can't wait until I can be one of those fans. But at my current income level, and with current ticket prices I, like many fans I'm sure, need to sell a few games a season to make owning tickets possible.

Anyway, I would love to hear the board's thoughts. Is this a bad indicator for the value of tickets/PSLs? Or is it all good in Verizon/MetLife/BudLight/Pepsi/New Meadowlands Stadium?[/QUOTE]

Thanksgiving is allways be cheap.

I think the PSL's $7,500 and below will do OK, except Mezz B and the clubs with gameday prices $250+. The real expensive ones may be hurt in the aftermarket.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I remember seasons you could have sat anywhere you wanted at the Meadowlands during the lean years...I'm sure an off season would brig empty seats.

Welcome if you look at the board there are a few T-day threads happening

[URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221782"]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221782[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221856"]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221856[/URL]

All League
    I sold my seats in 135 ($140 face) for the Texans game for $300 each on TicketExchange. I haven't yet sold my seats to the Bengals game even with offering them at face. I'm pretty sure it's just the Thanksgiving date.

Have you just been trying to get rid of them in the past week or two? I had tickets sold to this game right before the season started and got double face for lower sidelines with no fees because I used craigslist.

Waiting till right before a game can be good or bad. If it turns out to be two good teams playing and the weather is going to be great you might make a little more by holding them until the last minute. If it's a bad team coming to town and the weather is going to be miserable (as it's forecasted to be on Thursday) you'll more than likely take a loss. Add to it being Thanksgiving and the problem is compounded. At this point everyone who planned on attending a game on Thanksgiving purchased their tickets long ago.

Board Moderator
    I just bought a pair off some guy from craigslist for well below face.

I feel like a Thanksgiving game is one of those where not many want or can go , but wants to watch from home...

All League
    [QUOTE=fbutlercpa;3831154]Have you just been trying to get rid of them in the past week or two? I had tickets sold to this game right before the season started and got double face for lower sidelines with no fees because I used craigslist.

Waiting till right before a game can be good or bad. [/QUOTE]I waited because I didn't know I was heading out of town until like 2 weeks ago. The Texans tickets sold 3 days prior to the game.

[QUOTE=ozu;3831177]I waited because I didn't know I was heading out of town until like 2 weeks ago. The Texans tickets sold 3 days prior to the game.[/QUOTE]

Going into the texans game both teams had good records, it had a 1 PM kickoff and the weather forecast was good.

We have a 2 and 8 bengals team coming to town on Thanksgiving no less with bad weather. it's not an easy sell at this point.

in any event, you have great seats and there's no need to worry about the 'value' of yours, which I'm sure you're not. unfortunately you just got stuck with some last minute scheduling issues.

...and ozu...i actually have 3 seats in 116...bring that total count to 801 :)
    Last edited by fbutlercpa; 11-23-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll be there in 246. Not sure about tailgating due to weather.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3831279]I'll be there in 246. Not sure about tailgating due to weather.[/QUOTE]

Did you stay for the whole Texans game? I didn't make it, but my brother was there for the final ticks. Must have been sick.

Also.. a lovely workout as a brief aside:

[IMG]http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Sexiest-Workout-Ever.gif[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=fbutlercpa;3831230]
    in any event, you have great seats and there's no need to worry about the 'value' of yours, which I'm sure you're not. unfortunately you just got stuck with some last minute scheduling issues.

...and ozu...i actually have 3 seats in 116...bring that total count to 801 :)[/QUOTE]Done! And I'm not at all worried about the value of my seats' tickets. Like I said, it's a one-off because of Thanksgiving being an availability nightmare for a lot of people.

If they don't sell, I'll just give them to a friend for beer money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Sold mine for $250 each

All League
    I sold my tickets early (August/Sept) for slightly above face value ($150 for $120 FV) by pricing them agressively from the start. I knew there was no way that I could attend. When they sold, most brokers had tickets in the $190 range.

IMHO - if you know you cannot go, it is best to go on SH and sell early.

Of course, I am in a similar boat with respect to the Bills game. I want to go, but it looks like work issues are going to f'up our plans. If we have to sell, it is going to hurt unless it is for "something."

Sold a single on Stubhub last week...$120 face, got $150. LLEZ UNDER COVER...other seats in my section are going for $50 each. New the cover was a good move when selecting seats. Stayed completely dry during the Vikings game and will do so again on Thanksgiving!

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3831279]I'll be there in 246. Not sure about tailgating due to weather.[/QUOTE]

We had to change up our plans a little. No more deep frying this week for us due to the weather. Once you start the process you are locked in for an hour or more, and you can't just stop, you still have a pot of boiling oil on your hands, and you can't trust one of those flimsy tents. But I am sure plenty of guys will be tearing into their cheap turkey fryer kit boxes for the first time at the game, completely unaware of how dangerous it all is with the chance of rain. Should make for a good show, I am just glad I park and set up on a concrete island with no other people close to my car with their boiling oil bombs, lol.

Thankfully we have 3 commercial ovens (italian family that eats way too much) so I will have 5 20+ lb turkeys cooking just in time to take to the game.

I don't think the wind will be an issue, I plan to grab a few more 10x20 tents tomorrow morning, so we should be ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    [QUOTE=TailGateJoedotcom;3831401]We had to change up our plans a little. No more deep frying this week for us due to the weather. Once you start the process you are locked in for an hour or more, and you can't just stop, you still have a pot of boiling oil on your hands, and you can't trust one of those flimsy tents. But I am sure plenty of guys will be tearing into their cheap turkey fryer kit boxes for the first time at the game, completely unaware of how dangerous it all is with the chance of rain. Should make for a good show, I am just glad I park and set up on a concrete island with no other people close to my car with their boiling oil bombs, lol.

Thankfully we have 3 commercial ovens (italian family that eats way too much) so I will have 5 20+ lb turkeys cooking just in time to take to the game.

I don't think the wind will be an issue, I plan to grab a few more 10x20 tents tomorrow morning, so we should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Haha I didn't even think of that. Just imagine all of the drunken retarts frying turkeys in the rain. I just might tailgate for the show.

[QUOTE=baldnuts1;3831408]Haha I didn't even think of that. Just imagine all of the drunken retarts frying turkeys in the rain. I just might tailgate for the show.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee there are at least 150 guys who never cook more than an occasional steak on the bbq who went to home depot and bought some POS $50 brinkmann turkeyfryer in a box full of spanish text on it who will be opening it for the first time in that lot and torching their car. Just go on twitter and read about everyone planning on doing it. lol

I sold my single ticket for $123 on Ticket Exchange, $3 more than face, and in turn received $110, so I only lost $10. Not bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3831122]I remember seasons [B]you could have sat anywhere you wanted[/B] at the Meadowlands during the lean years...I'm sure an off season would brig empty seats.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that how you met Sooth when he sat on your lap??:P