Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Don't be to proud....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    pffft - Tom Brady does it for free.
    the ghey gig may not be as horrendous as I previously thought - still its not for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I did wake up right in the middle of mine, it hurt somewhat but was not excruciating. I felt like Jets Things when he pretends to be wasted and unconscious in a gay bar bathroom.
    Pretending isn't slutty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    Any of you turkey's over 40 should be having a colonoscopy once every 2 years. Could be bad things growing there that give no signs until its to late. Its called the silent killer.

The kiddies can make fun, the grown ups should get a look at their **** shoot
    Must be a Pats fan. You spelled "TOO" wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Two different tests, dude.

PSA is for the prostate. If they are doing a colonoscopy to check your prostate, I'd get a new doctor.

You'll probably come like a wildcat, though.

_

seriously -- WLF???

BTW for those of you wondering why I am doing this public service announcement.

By the time my idiot doctor sent me for this test (I did have signs something was wrong) I had stage 4 cancer.

Hall Of Fame

By the time my idiot doctor sent me for this test (I did have signs something was wrong) I had stage 4 cancer.
    Way to bring down the mood.

You okay? I have a personal interst in cancer and it's suckatood.

_

Hall Of Fame
    I'm terribly sorry to hear that. We'll say a prayer for you at our Thanksgiving table.

_
    Right? Way to ruin everyone's festive exuberance. Next Mac will tell us he ran over a litter of adorable kittens on his way home from the test.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry you are going through this health challenge, Mac.
    Best wishes and positive vibes for a complete recovery.

Jets Insider VIP

Best of luck to you in this fight. I wish you nothing but the best and I will keep you in my prayers, bro.

======OBLIGATORY BUSTING OF CHOPS======

Maybe you could ask the gastroenterologist for the films to gain a competitive advantage?

_
    Sorry to bring down the mood.

As far as how I am doing I may end up in the New England Journal of Medicine by the time its all over. I don't remember the numbers but like 50% of people don't make a year, only 28% make a second year and so on until year 5 when only 2% make it that far. I have passed my second year and according to my Oncologist am looking well beyond 5 years. They may write a book on me

Hall Of Fame

As far as how I am doing I may end up in the New England Journal of Medicine by the time its all over. I don't remember the numbers but like 50% of people don't make a year, only 28% make a second year and so on until year 5 when only 2% make it that far. I have passed my second year and according to my Oncologist am looking well beyond 5 years. They may write a book on me
    So...we can hate on you again?

Without fear of divine reprisal?

Sound good, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Best of luck to you in this fight. I wish you nothing but the best and I will keep you in my prayers, bro.

======OBLIGATORY BUSTING OF CHOPS======

Maybe you could ask the gastroenterologist for the films to gain a competitive advantage?
    (on filming the procedure, very clever)

MAC.... Fight the good fight.!

All League

Damn, MAC. Hope everything turns out okay.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleasetheAnimal View Post
    Damn, MAC. Hope everything turns out okay.
    Just to be clear MACPAC.

We hope everything turns out okay for you health-wise.

We hope the Jets kick the ever-living sh*t out of the Pats next week

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Prayers and Best wishes Mac.

Happy T'giving.

-

Just to be clear MACPAC.

_
    Jets suck

All League
    My Doctor told me that the majority of his patients who turn out to have cancer report with either their bowels moving to slowly or having bowel movements that are not solid. Serioius stuff folks. He also told me that 3 in every 10 people he sees he takes growths while he is in there. Most are non cancer but it these things that eventually turn into cancer.

After my episode my wife went to see him and he removed 3 of these growths. Wait if you want. I wouldn't.
    Great post. I knew a guy in his mid 20's who died of colon cancer- definitely not the norm age wise but you don't want to mess with this. I got a screening early because my brother's doc found a couple of benign polyps and recommended all his siblings get screened- sure enough I had one as well (in my mid 30s at the time). The procedure is easy and painless- the worst part is drinking the prep stuff the night before.

OTOH I know a father and son who have been living for YEARS after having repeated colon cancer operations- I guess it's in their genes. The son (30's) has to have a colonscopy every six months but both are still working and enjoying a quality way of life.

Prayers and wishes for the best MAC!
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-25-2010 at 12:13 AM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Just to be clear MACPAC.

_
    Also +1

I was trying to think of an elegant way to put this.

thank you for translating my thoughts. You fire anus wing colostomy officianado.

Thanks for all of the good thought's folks, I plan on sticking around until I can come here and wish you folks congrats on winning your next superbowl.

So I should be good for another 25 - 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Great post. I knew a guy in his mid 20's who died of colon cancer- definitely not the norm age wise but you don't want to mess with this. I got a screening early because my brother's doc found a couple of benign polyps and recommended all his siblings get screened- sure enough I had one as well (in my mid 30s at the time). The procedure is easy and painless- the worst part is drinking the prep stuff the night before.

OTOH I know a father and son who have been living for YEARS after having repeated colon cancer operations- I guess it's in their genes. The son (30's) has to have a colonscopy every six months but both are still working and enjoying a quality way of life.

Prayers and wishes for the best MAC!
    The Polyps are the problem, lots of people have them. Once in a while they take on a life of their own and turn into cancer. In my case 10 years of growing until it reached the size of a softball with no signs what so ever.

THE ONLY WAY TO FIND A POLYP IS TO HAVE A COLONOSCOPY. GET UR A$$ TO THE DOCTOR. EVEN IF YOU FEEL FINE.