Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Don't be to proud....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    So I should be good for another 25 - 30 years
    Oh....I forgot to ask...when you awoke from your scope...was there a guy in a black suit placing a tape measure along side you?

Did he own a dark station wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh....I forgot to ask...when you awoke from your scope...was there a guy in a black suit placing a tape measure along side you?

Did he own a dark station wagon?

No that all happens when you are in a drug induced haze, When I awoke my doctor was like... dam dude that softball growing in your bowel is not bothering you

Bewildered Beast
    No that all happens when you are in a drug induced haze, When I awoke my doctor was like... dam dude that softball growing in your bowel is not bothering you
    "That Kevorkian tried to place that Death Noodle in my keester; I told him no way; I'm a veteran! Then I put him in a choke hold and I ...I ....zzzzzzzzzz

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "That Kevorkian tried to place that Death Noodle in my keester; I told him no way; I'm a veteran! Then I put him in a choke hold and I ...I ....zzzzzzzzzz

FTR, I had a scope about 5 years ago and I was able to do it before 50 because there is cancer all over my family, so the insurance company bought it.

The prep sucked, but the procedure itself was a breeze.

I'm due to make another appt. soon.

Bewildered Beast

FTR, I had a scope about 5 years ago and I was able to do it before 50 because there is cancer all over my family, so the insurance company bought it.

The prep sucked, but the procedure itself was a breeze.

I'm due to make another appt. soon.
    Yes. I'm with you. Gotta get it done.

Hall Of Fame
    Both my parents have had melanoma so I get a head to toe skin check every 6 months. Neither died from it, but since they have had it my life insurance rate is now sky high.

Jets Insider VIP
    getting Poop Chute checked out in T - 2:15

If it's anything like the prep work for it - god help me....

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    getting Poop Chute checked out in T - 2:15

If it's anything like the prep work for it - god help me....
    Didn't you hear they no longer recommend this?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Didn't you hear they no longer recommend this?
    That's right. My Dr. says no before you're 60 as the percentages of the risk of complications from the procedure, far outweigh the percentage benefits of finding something. After 60, that dynamic changes.

All Pro
    Got a physical today and the doc said I shouldn't get a colonoscopy until I'm 50.

Hall Of Fame
    Got a physical today, doc says they are no longer doing the prostate check. Says it causes more problems than it solves.

As for the colonoscopy, I woke up while mine was being done. It was bad but nothing you can't get through. Now I know what our friends in the ghey community are doing. I'll stay on my team.

Hall Of Fame
    Im 26. Two years ago I was pooing blood and it turns out I had an allergy to some food and the alcohol wasn't helping matters. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I was DPed . Wasn't bad at all. My doc was a gentlemen. Anyone who complains is a pu$$y. The worst part is not knowing what it will be like and the drink. There is no pain involved.

The alternative is a painful death.

All Pro
    In Canada the number is 40
    That's because of the exchange rate.

Well I would not have made 50 and I am 47 so do the math.

I think that makes you a pretty rare exception, a lot of insurance companies won't cover it before then.

Any of you turkey's over 40 should be having a colonoscopy once every 2 years. Could be bad things growing there that give no signs until its to late. Its called the silent killer.

The kiddies can make fun, the grown ups should get a look at their **** shoot

My doctor who is an oncologist indicated that every TEN years was just fine because colon cancer is a very slow developing cancer.
    Over testing and too many procedures (Xrays, MRIs, blood tests etc) are many times unnecessary and are just padding the pockets of providers.
    I went to my orthopedic doctor the other day to review whether I need a new knee. I thought I did. His continued position, over four years, was not yet, if ever. And his practice of six doctors handles three local pro teams (including a Yankees farm team) and two colleges. He feels too many doctors are quick to make a buck.

All League
    There is still debate about the prostate issue. The DRE (digital recatl exam) does not rule out prostate cancer. If your PSA is steadily rising over a year or two absent another cause like prostatitis I would not ignore it. Although its not common men in their 40s and 50s have died from prostate cancer. PC is typically more aggressive the younger you are. You are 2x more likely to get it if your dad had it and 3x more likley if two 1st degree relatives have it.

Its said that more men die from PC than women do from breast cancer...not sure if thats true but I wouldn't avoid or ignore a DRE or PSA testing/results.

signed,
    not doctor Moga but I know some stuff

All Pro

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    There is still debate about the prostate issue. The DRE (digital recatl exam) does not rule out prostate cancer. If your PSA is steadily rising over a year or two absent another cause like prostatitis I would not ignore it. Although its not common men in their 40s and 50s have died from prostate cancer. PC is typically more aggressive the younger you are. You are 2x more likely to get it if your dad had it and 3x more likley if two 1st degree relatives have it.

Its said that more men die from PC than women do from breast cancer...not sure if thats true but I wouldn't avoid or ignore a DRE or PSA testing/results.

signed,
    not doctor Moga but I know some stuff
    +1

My dad was diagnosed at 50, thankfully was caught early. I've been going since I was 31 because of that. I've heard that if they find something on the DRE it is a good chance that your cancer is being found very late in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Just had a finger shoved up my ass, everything up there is quite normal and the PSA came back just about negligible, so I'm good for another year.

But the DRE was so loathsome, I am taking the rest of the day off and am going to sit at my pool and drink mojitos *****es.

Get an early start on tomorrow.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Just had a finger shoved up my ass, everything up there is quite normal and the PSA came back just about negligible, so I'm good for another year.

But the DRE was so loathsome, I am taking the rest of the day off and am going to sit at my pool and drink mojitos *****es.

Get an early start on tomorrow.

_
    Did Anderson at least lube up when he did it?