Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Don't be to proud....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    +1

My dad was diagnosed at 50, thankfully was caught early. I've been going since I was 31 because of that. I've heard that if they find something on the DRE it is a good chance that your cancer is being found very late in the game.
    I have a good fiend who's father died way too young. The doctor said that people are genetically predisposed to having a gene that causes colon cancer. He has 4 brothers, 3 of which have that gene including him, one of who had a couple of feet of his colon removed already. My friend has to get a colonoscopy twice a year.

Good luck brother.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Just had a finger shoved up my ass, everything up there is quite normal and the PSA came back just about negligible, so I'm good for another year.

But the DRE was so loathsome, I am taking the rest of the day off and am going to sit at my pool and drink mojitos *****es.

Get an early start on tomorrow.

_
    I beat you. I had the "pleasure" of a cystoscopy.

Dear God, it was painful. The after-effects? What I imagine the descriptions of peeing with an STD sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I have a good fiend who's father died way too young. The doctor said that people are genetically predisposed to having a gene that causes colon cancer. He has 4 brothers, 3 of which have that gene including him, one of who had a couple of feet of his colon removed already. My friend has to get a colonoscopy twice a year.

Good luck brother.
    Sorry about your friend's dad, man. I do my best to stay on top of my prostate and colon health. I wish more people would do the same, it's very survivable if found early.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I beat you. I had the "pleasure" of a cystoscopy.

Dear God, it was painful. The after-effects? What I imagine the descriptions of peeing with an STD sound like.

Sorry about your friend's dad, man. I do my best to stay on top of my prostate and colon health. I wish more people would do the same, it's very survivable if found early.
    You hit the nail on the head. I believe people are somewhat afraid to go to doctors. If caught early, things have great chance to get it treated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never understood people who are afraid to go to the doctor for routine screenings as if seeing the doctor after ignoring your health/symptoms for years is a better choice. I'd rather see an MD and address any issues than wait for years and see one when You know the men who've done so have lamented why they weren't more proactive.

The colonscopy is ridiculously easy and pain free, the worst part is drinking the prep the night before to poop you brains out.

MACPAC- how are you doing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The colonscopy is ridiculously easy and pain free
    For you. Because of the calluses.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never understood people who are afraid to go to the doctor for routine screenings as if seeing the doctor after ignoring your health/symptoms for years is a better choice. I'd rather see an MD and address any issues than wait for years and see one when You know the men who've done so have lamented why they weren't more proactive.

The colonscopy is ridiculously easy and pain free, the worst part is drinking the prep the night before to poop you brains out.

Absolutely, but my doctor told me wait for 50. It does not make sense before that age ( unless family history )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mother in law went in Monday to have this procedure and a few days later is in severe pain. Can someone recommend a hospital in the tri state area,that can be trusted, to let her know what they did wrong?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way.

At what age are you supposed to start getting these screenings?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHILE WE ARE AT IT......

I am sure, like me, you weren't concerned about sunburns growing up.

If you have any moles or spots, have them checked! especially, if they are:

New
    Dark
    Irregular shaped.

Just lost a college roommate to Melenoma. It can spread fast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I feel the same way.

At what age are you supposed to start getting these screenings?
    I believe its 40 if you have a family member with a histroy of cc or (benign) polyps but I think its 50 otherwise. Ask your physician during next check up- he'll know for sure based on your med history.

As I've repeatedly said no worries as the test is easy and painless and if in the remote chance they find anything they can remove it "while they're in there". I've had family members that had benign polyps removed that potentially could've turned malignant in 6-15 years had they not been removed.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 07-07-2012 at 04:43 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    My mother in law went in Monday to have this procedure and a few days later is in severe pain. Can someone recommend a hospital in the tri state area,that can be trusted, to let her know what they did wrong?
    I've never heard of anyone complaining of pain afterward...there is a small risk with every procedure but they are rare and as stated its indisputable that the exam can save your life. There are no shortage of quality hospital outpatient centers in the NY area- shouldn't be too difficult to find one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    For you. Because of the calluses.
    Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of anyone complaining of pain afterward...there is a small risk with every procedure but they are rare and as stated its indisputable that the exam can save your life. There are no shortage of quality hospital outpatient centers in the NY area- shouldn't be too difficult to find one.
    She is in serious pain. I'm doing the research, just wanted some opinions

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    She is in serious pain. I'm doing the research, just wanted some opinions
    Emergency room. They could have accidentally perforated her colon. Don't wait, that's serious.