Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T.O. Says Revis is "Just an average corner"

T.O. says Revis is "Just an average corner"

@RichCimini*Terrell Owens tells Cincy media that #Jets Darrelle Revis is "just an average corner to me." [url]http://tinyurl.com/2v7ny7s*10[/url] minutes ago

[quote] T.O. calls Revis an “average” cornerback
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 23, 2010, 5:41 PM EST
    It’s time for part II of Darrelle Revis‘ slouch tour.

When Revis called Randy Moss and Terrell Owens a pair of “slouches” in January, it was inevitable that the wide receivers would take offense and want payback. Randy Moss scored a touchdown on Revis in September (two teams) ago, and now Owens wants his turn.

“Just an average corner to me,” Owens said via Bengals.com. “Everybody has assessed his abilities as far as what he did last year, shutdown corner, this and that. He did very well last year.”

Owens went on to say truly great cornerbacks do it year after year. It’s a fair point to make, with Revis’ injury-plagued season certainly hurting him this year.

“I think he did it one year, and everybody made a lot of hoopla about it. I think, you know, he started feeling himself, then he wanted to come out and say that I’m a slouch,” Owens said.

T.O. even took a shot at Revis on Twitter when Moss scored on him two months ago, so this has been an issue that has been on his mind for a while.

Bengals-Jets isn’t the greatest Thanksgiving nightcap on paper, but this matchup should make a lot more fun to watch.[/quote]

(Thanks Kentucky Jet for bringing in the article)
    Last edited by ForTheWin; 11-23-2010 at 09:54 PM.

So, Cimini said that TO said that Revis is just an average corner, eh?

Does TO know that Cimini said this? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Doesn't really matter what TO says, more what he does. The Bengals are not a very good football team, not since 1989.

Revis made TO his complete ***** in Canada last year, it was embarrassing.

That "average corner" will reduce T.O. to this on Thursday:

[IMG]http://kimoracochran.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/terrell_owens_crying.jpg[/IMG]

Shanaynay is an attention grabber.

let's do a logic excersize

IF Revis is an average corner THEN T.O. is a below average receiver SINCE he will have under 40 yards receiving on thursday

[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/541938/revis-owns-to-o.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUO3UpNC4UI[/url]

Poor quality but you get the idea.

Whose got the gif of Revis putting T.O on his ass when he's not paying attention? I believe it was T.O.

All League
    Too bad he'll be on Ocho and not OLD T.O.

[QUOTE=JetStream;3831403]Too bad he'll be on Ocho and not OLD T.O.[/QUOTE]

Actually Revis remarked yesterday that he'll be lining up on T.O. :yes:

Get your popcorn ready.

[QUOTE=JetStream;3831403]Too bad he'll be on Ocho and not OLD T.O.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that...T.O. is their leading receiver and knowing how Rex is, he may want to stick Revis on him just for the added embarrassment.

At least TO knows that they are playing the Jets in two days.

Meanwhile, the Jets are thinking about the New England game.

revis will definitely be on TO. TO is playing much better than Ocho.

This is just what we need though.

I'm sure Revis will take umbrage and be EXTRA prepared.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=ForTheWin;3831368]@RichCimini*Terrell Owens tells Cincy media that #Jets Darrelle Revis is "just an average corner to me." [url]http://tinyurl.com/2v7ny7s*10[/url] minutes ago[/QUOTE]

Same thing I'd say to Rex, I say to T.O.

Talk is cheap. Prove it.

TO is a fool for even having said this. He is an even bigger one if he actually believes it.

I don't think that he is that stupid. He's just that little kid that likes to run his mouth because he needs attention.

Not to worry T.O. You will get plenty of it on Revis Island Thursday night.

He can eat all of the Thanksgiving fixin's that he wants before the game because he will not be doing much come Thursday night.

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;3831422]revis will definitely be on TO. TO is playing much better than Ocho.

This is just what we need though.

I'm sure Revis will take umbrage and be EXTRA prepared.[/QUOTE]

Ocho is the better receiver and still the one who gets the double teams, but T.O. is just a better matchup. It's almost because Cromartie is probably better suited to cover Ocho rather than T.O. Cromartie's only subtle weakness at times can be guys who are good in the short area. TO is better in the short area while Ocho is more likely to be stretching plays down field.

Revis could have had three picks the last time he covered tblow