Thread: Authentic Jersey alteration question...

Authentic Jersey alteration question...

Anyone know where I can get the name changed on an authentic jersey? I just bought an authentic Ty Law #24 Jets jersey and I want to change te nameplate to REVIS (obviously).

I know I have heard some advice on this subject in previous posts, but can't find it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ahhh just rip the ol nameplate off. Done...yer good then.

All League
    cosby sports does it in the city...I have a noodle arm jersey that I plan on making a holmes after we extend him this offseason

All League
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3831626]cosby sports does it in the city...I have a noodle arm jersey that I plan on making a holmes after we extend him this offseason[/QUOTE]

+1

If you can go here, they're BY FAR the best you can do for a walk-in store.

I had them convert a Nike Cooper's Town Collection Authentic Gary Carter Mets #8 jersey ($3 at a tag sale) into a Gallinari Knicks jersey/shirt by simply replacing the name plate w/the same size & style of letters. Looks sweet and it's a TRULY unique Knicks item for only $40.

Cosby's NEVER fails:yes:

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3831626]cosby sports does it in the city...I have a noodle arm jersey that I plan on making a holmes after we extend him this offseason[/QUOTE]

That's a great change. Didn't think of that one.

[QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3831625]Ahhh just rip the ol nameplate off. Done...yer good then.[/QUOTE]

It's a $225 jersey. I have a few other authentics, so wearing it without the name isn't something I'm interested in.

I've done 2 myself ..... Both favres and made them into a Harris and a Mangold . Had them done at cosbys and both are excellent .

[QUOTE=Timby01;3831735]I've done 2 myself ..... Both favres and made them into a Harris and a Mangold . Had them done at cosbys and both are excellent .[/QUOTE]

wow... so they did the numbers as well? Any idea how much it would cost to change the name?

I am going to give them a call. Thanks for the info.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3832201]wow... so they did the numbers as well? Any idea how much it would cost to change the name?

I am going to give them a call. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE] no i took off the numbers and nameplates myself......they dont do that....so you'll have to take off the name plate .....it's pretty easy .... just gotta be careful

Practice Squad
    It will run ya like 80 after taxes for a full set of numbers and name. I get all my jerseys done there as well. They turned a Favre into a Bart Scott. They do great work.