Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ochocinco loves Sanchez : We're Both Mexican

Ochocinco loves Sanchez : We're Both Mexican

[quote]Give Chad Ochocinco a microphone and a forum, and you're going to be in for a treat. The Cincinnati Bengals' chatty wide receiver spoke Tuesday to the New York media, addressing a variety of topics in anticipation of Thursday night's game at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

Ochocinco is mired in a 2-8 season, but he was as upbeat as ever, starting the conference call by saying, "I love New York!" He also loves Terrell Owens. And Darrelle Revis. And Antonio Cromartie. And Santonio Holmes. And Mark Sanchez.

Yes, Sanchez.

Ochocinco, always known as an exciting player, was asked if he sees Sanchez as the same.

"What do you mean? We're both Mexican. Of course he's exciting," said Ochocinco, formerly Chad Johnson. "That's my carnale. He's good, man. He's good. To be able to come into that atmosphere, that environment in New York, the monster that the media is there, to be successful, to be able to carry that weight on his shoulders … he's handling it perfect. He’s handling it really, really well."

Things aren't going well for the Bengals, who dropped their seventh straight game in devastating fashion. They blew a 21-point lead to the Buffalo Bills, including a 17-point halftime edge. They lost 49-31. That's hard to do even if you're trying.

"That was ridiculous," Ochcocinco said. "In a game of Madden, on a video game in real life, if you're up 31-14 at halftime, it's impossible to come back. For it to happen in real life, it was unbelievable."

Ochocinco praised his rival, Revis, whom he faced twice last season in a seven-day span -- the final regular-season game and the wild-card game. In both cases, the pregame hype was off the charts, and Revis shut him down both times.

This time, Revis will be on Owens.

"Either way, it doesn't matter," Ochocinco said. "Cro is just as good. Cro is actually a little bit more difficult because he's so freakin' rangy and it's hard to gauge where he's at. It’s like he's five yards away from you and he sticks his hand out and he can still touch you.

"Those are two guys I've studued to a tee," The Mouth continued. "I put more effort into studying those two than anybody else. In the NFL right now, they’re probably the best 1-2 cornerback tandem. Period."

Ochocinco couldn't say enough nice things about T.O.

"I'm loving every minute of it," he said. "I'm playing alongside a legend. ... I've gotten a chance to play with one of the best to ever put on a football uniform. Period. I cherish every moment, every game, every bit of influence. … I knew him off the field, but now I'm learning of the animal, the monster he becomes when the whistle blows at 1 o'clock. Unbelievable."

Speaking of receivers, Ochocinco gave some love to Holmes, the Jets' new fourth-quarter hero.

"Santonio is what he's always been -- clutch," Ochocinco said. "Santonio is no different than giving Kobe Bryant the ball with 2.4 seconds to go with the Lakers. Period."

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3061/ochocinco-loves-sanchez-were-both-mexican[/url]

[/quote]

Just an Fyi, OchoCinco is a Soccer fan. He's a huge fan of the Mexican national team (El Tri), there are pictures of him online somewhere sporting a jersey. Not surprised he's a Sanchez fan.

Here's one that I found :

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/2m2j6vb.jpg[/img]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jets Insider VIP
    can you imagine the turmoil and demonstrations by the Reverend Al if a non-African-American player said that "he and Chad Johnson are both African-Americans"

actually, I think Ocho was just kidding around however, were the shoe on the other foot, his intent wouldn't make a bit of difference

Veteran
    I love the guy. He's a goof ball but he's definitely good spirited and doesn't break his team.
    Last edited by kdelgado; 11-24-2010 at 12:58 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;3831859]can you imagine the turmoil and demonstrations by the Reverend Al if a non-African-American player said that "he and Chad Johnson are both African-Americans"

actually, I think Ocho was just kidding around however, were the shoe on the other foot, his intent wouldn't make a bit of difference[/QUOTE]

African American is a racial distinction, "Mexican" is a nationality. A white guy with Irish heritage can be a 5th generation "Mexican".

Jets Insider VIP
    Sounds like someone is looking to get out of Cincinnati and play in NY :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=quantum;3832014]Sounds like someone is looking to get out of Cincinnati and play in NY :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I wish.

Ocho is awesome. As mentioned above, a goof ball but definitely good for the game and cares.

Plus we'd be getting a backup kicker too.

Hands down, one of my favorite players in the league.

[QUOTE=quantum;3832014]Sounds like someone is looking to get out of Cincinnati and play in NY :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

can he play safety or rush the passer?

All Pro

someone's gonna have to replace the loser of the 2011 WR contract sweepstakes... I wouldn't complain if it's Chad.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3831977]African American is a racial distinction, "Mexican" is a nationality. A white guy with Irish heritage can be a 5th generation "Mexican".[/QUOTE]

Yes but alot of Mexicans (and other Central and South Americans) indentify with their indian ancestry. That certainly is a race not a nationality.

Your example is odd.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=JFB;3832068]can he play safety or rush the passer?[/QUOTE]

+2

[QUOTE=Shahataman;3832075]Yes but alot of Mexicans (and other Central and South Americans) indentify with their indian ancestry. That certainly is a race not a nationality.

Your example is odd.[/QUOTE]

No its not.

I am from Chile. I was born and raised there. My father is of Russian decent, my mother is of German decent. My great grandfather came to Chile from Europe, I am a third generation Chilean.

People from Europe didn't only come to the United states. All of central and south America is filled with European immigrants. Calling someone a Mexican is no different than calling them an American.

Your logic would assume that all Americans are native americans.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JFB;3832068]can he play safety or rush the passer?[/QUOTE]

... hahahaha, well-played ...

... he'd be a nice #4 wr ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=Paradis;3832069]someone's gonna have to replace the loser of the 2011 WR contract sweepstakes... I wouldn't complain if it's Chad.[/QUOTE]

There won't be a loser 'cause Tanny will find a way to keep Both. In Tanny I Trust. :yes:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3832109]No its not.

I am from Chile. I was born and raised there. My father is of Russian decent, my mother is of German decent. My great grandfather came to Chile from Europe, I am a third generation Chilean.

People from Europe didn't only come to the United states. All of central and south America is filled with European immigrants. Calling someone a Mexican is no different than calling them an American.

Your logic would assume that all Americans are native americans.[/QUOTE]

To introduce yourself as a third generation Chilean may be (idk) technically correct but many would find it confusing since you have no Chilean heritage. At least i would.

You are right that many Europeans came to South/Central America but they assimilated with the existing culture(Mayans, Incans, Aztecs) much more so than the North American Indians and european settlers.

BTW my mother was born in Peru (and has Peruvian heritage). What does taht make me step-spanish? :D

[QUOTE=Shahataman;3832317]To introduce yourself as a third generation Chilean may be (idk) technically correct but many would find it confusing since you have no Chilean heritage. At least i would.

You are right that many Europeans came to South/Central America but they assimilated with the existing culture(Mayans, Incans, Aztecs) much more so than the North American Indians and european settlers.

BTW my mother was born in Peru (and has Peruvian heritage). What does taht make me step-spanish? :D[/QUOTE]

I have no chilean heritag?

My grandfather was born and lived his whole life in chile.

My father was born and lived his whole life in chile.

I was born and lived my whole life in chile.

Both my father and my grandfather worked for the chilean goverment.

How exactly do I not have chilean heritage?

Again, your logic makes anyone not directly decending from navajos non-americans.

You are an american with peruvian ancenstry

[QUOTE=Chupa;3832324]I have no chilean heritag?

My grandfather was born and lived his whole life in chile.

My father was born and lived his whole life in chile.

I was born and lived my whole life in chile.

Both my father and my grandfather worked for the chilean goverment.

How exactly do I not have chilean heritage?

Again, your logic makes anyone not directly decending from navajos non-americans.

You are an american with peruvian ancenstry[/QUOTE]

You're a Ruskie.

A dirty, filthy, rotten Ruskie.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3832069]someone's gonna have to replace the loser of the 2011 WR contract sweepstakes... I wouldn't complain if it's Chad.[/QUOTE]

What "loser"? They all love Rex, most of them came from buttf*ck (or is that slapdick? ) teams they don't want to go back to.

Tanny will work some magic...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3832328]You're a Ruskie.

A dirty, filthy, rotten Ruskie.[/QUOTE]

That's it, that's the way to reduce tensions!!!!!:P

All Pro
    [QUOTE=quantum;3832488]What "loser"? They all love Rex, most of them came from buttf*ck (or is that slapdick? ) teams they don't want to go back to.

Tanny will work some magic...[/QUOTE]

I wish...

With every win and big game these guys have... the more it drives up the price to keep'em.