Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edwards will be gone, Holmes, JCo will Stay

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Edwards will be gone, Holmes, JCo will Stay

Sorry guys but face the reality, Braylon isn't going to be here next year.. Rex will make it more of a priority to sign guys like David Harris who are the core of his beloved defense.

Holmes is well liked and will be kept as the homerun hitter in the slot, guys like JCo Bryan Thomas and Shaun Ellis should retire as Jets, they are the heart and soul of this franchise.

You may be upset that I am predicting this about Braylon but face it I knew TJ was a goner last year after the Oakland game when Shonn ran Rough shot.

But for now who cares these guys are here and they're all playing like a Jet and thats all that matters for the time being. All we should care about at all is adding one more silver Lombardi into Ewbank Hall!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you get a pessimistic crystal ball as an early christmas present or something? g.d.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Put this guy in the bathroom!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 11-24-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831844]Sorry guys but face the reality, Braylon isn't going to be here next year.. Rex will make it more of a priority to sign guys like David Harris who are the core of his beloved defense.

Holmes is well liked and will be kept as the homerun hitter in the slot, guys like JCo Bryan Thomas and Shaun Ellis should retire as Jets, they are the heart and soul of this franchise.

You may be upset that I am predicting this about Braylon but face it I knew TJ was a goner last year after the Oakland game when Shonn ran Rough shot.

But for now who cares these guys are here and they're all playing like a Jet and thats all that matters for the time being. All we should care about at all is adding one more silver Lombardi into Ewbank Hall![/QUOTE]

[b]YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS! 'CAUSE NYJETS2121 CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE AND WE MUST ALL OBEY....OBEY..obey...obey....[/b]

So did we win the SuperBowl, oh great Carnac? :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    because the jets didnt say they wanted to resign both pending new cba or anything....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=stanner;3831861]did you get a pessimistic crystal ball as an early christmas present or something? g.d.[/QUOT

LMAO.. No but I do see things through a realistic scope. I dont buy into the hype that many people do because they want to think positive and believe what they wish to happen..

I am an obsessive Jets and Mets fan, die hard would be an understatement. I've been though too much bull**** and collapsing seasons in my life, especially since 2004. My outlook on sports may be a bit tarnished, especially when things appear to look so promising, the world then comes crashing down on my sports teams.

Since 2004:
    '04 - Doug Briens 2 missed Fg's..
    '06 - Beltran strikes out looking with Bases loaded in 9th of Gm 7 NLCS
    '07 -Mets blow 7 game lead in NL East late in September
    '08 -Mets blow division lead late in September again
    '09 - Jets blow half time lead, get shutout in second half to lose AFC championship by 13 pts.. All too reminiscent of the '98 season.

And yes.. I want you to feel bad for me.....:huh:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He knew how big Favre's cock was before the pictures surfaced.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831844]Sorry guys but face the reality, Braylon isn't going to be here next year.. Rex will make it more of a priority to sign guys like David Harris who are the core of his beloved defense.

But for now who cares these guys are here and they're all playing like a Jet and thats all that matters for the time being. All we should care about at all is adding one more silver Lombardi into Ewbank Hall![/QUOTE]

"Rough Shot"? Really?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831844]Sorry guys but face the reality...

but face it, I knew ...

But for now who cares...

All we should care about is adding one more silver Lombardi[/QUOTE]

that about sums it up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was reminiscent of '98? Really?

And Edwards has as good a chance of being on this team next year as Ellis does. But why are we talking about who won't be here next year?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3831875]"Rough Shot"? Really?[/QUOTE]

Rough Shod* Obvi..

Everyone on this site is quick to challenge those who make any suggestings or statements that may even slightly sound bold. Like its the trend to oppose those who come out and say something they believe in when the person saying it is someone they don't know. And since I don't post on here often, my threads don't have a chance to be considered valid or possible.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What would this board be like if everyone started new threads with their own random predictions of the future?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3831885]Last year was reminiscent of '98? Really?

And Edwards has as good a chance of being on this team next year as Ellis does. But why are we talking about who won't be here next year?[/QUOTE]

Uhh yeah pal if you can dig deep down into your Jets little fanhood memory the 98' season ended in similar fashion to last years AFC championship

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3831890]What would this board be like if everyone started new threads with their own random predictions of the future?[/QUOTE]

Message boards are meant to stir up controvery and conversation.. Evaluate the schedule make a prediction, and see what other people think. What's the big deal

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831891]Uhh yeah pal if you can dig deep down into your Jets little fanhood memory the 98' season ended in similar fashion to last years AFC championship[/QUOTE]

Except that we were a 9-7 team, that at one point was 4-6, last year. Even after the loss, I was pleased with the end result of the season. I almost cried after we lost to the Broncos. Then again, I was just a little kid, and was far more emotionally invested in my favorite teams than I am now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831892]Message boards are meant to stir up controvery and conversation.. Evaluate the schedule make a prediction, and see what other people think. What's the big deal[/QUOTE]

Here is a 2121 type prediction..

I'm going to eventually die, so I might as well just blow my head off right now..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831892]Message boards are meant to stir up controvery and conversation.. Evaluate the schedule make a prediction, and see what other people think. What's the big deal[/QUOTE]

Theres not, you are entitled to post any thing Jet/NFL related you want.

Yes. Money's gonna be tough and IMO our roster is going to change significantly over the next few years but there is much left to be seen. How we end the season (and postseason) as a team will influence our priorities in the offseason. Also fall play next year isn't guarenteed.

And personally Shaun Ellis may end up a Jet for life, but JCo is the odd man out at wideout. And B. Thomas may be our weakest backer. They are great Jets and valuable to our team but I'm not sure they got the free ride just yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831888]Rough Shod* Obvi..

Everyone on this site is quick to challenge those who make any suggestings or statements that may even slightly sound bold. Like its the trend to oppose those who come out and say something they believe in when the person saying it is someone they don't know. And since I don't post on here often, my threads don't have a chance to be considered valid or possible.[/QUOTE]

What you don't seem to understand is you're not making "predictions", you're making "guarantees".

"Face it guys" . . ."the reality is" . . ."I told you so" . . . these are all a far cry from "I have a feeling we won't be able to keep Braylon, what do you guys think?" . . .

(Of course, that topic has been discussed in countless other threads, but at least come across like you want to talk TO people, not AT them . . .)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831891]Uhh yeah pal if you can dig deep down into your Jets little fanhood memory the 98' season ended in similar fashion to last years AFC championship[/QUOTE]

It didn't. There were errors and fumbles and we were just as good that year. Last year we got beat by a better team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3831870][b]YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS! 'CAUSE NYJETS2121 CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE AND WE MUST ALL OBEY....OBEY..obey...obey....[/b]

So did we win the SuperBowl, oh great Carnac? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Obey Obey Obey...
    Is that something like "comply with me?" :D:D

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mJdxtnpTQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mJdxtnpTQ[/URL]